The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you like to see undaunted monster sets disabled in pvp?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
>.> @Turelus
Edited by Tasear on February 28, 2018 11:37PM

Would you like to see undaunted monster sets disabled in pvp? 67 votes

Yes
11% 8 votes
Reduced effect
2% 2 votes
No
77% 52 votes
Other
7% 5 votes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already take reduced effects in damage and healing from Battle Spirit and have had the procs adjusted in Horns of the Reach and after Morrowind to account for over-performance in No CP Battlegrounds.

There's a few that could use addition tweaking *cough, Earthgore, cough* but on the whole, most of the sets seem fine to me.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Troll King still unaffected by Battle Spirit?
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but I would like to see PvP have their own sets added.

This way you can balance Undaunted Monster sets for PvE and have some other 2 piece proc sets balanced for PvP and earned only via PvP gameplay.

Right now the current system is wonky in a lot of ways, PvE is the main way to earn this, to compensate PvP players who didn't want to grind dungeons we have the golden vendor which sells legendary BiS gear (which can now be transmuted to work in PvE as well) however other PvE sets (trials) are all PvE bonus and PvP sets are PvP bonus.

Adding new PvP sets earned via PvP gameplay would also give ZOS a chance to revitalise some gameplay areas and encourage people to work for something in PvP. The sets not working in PvE also means we skip the whole issue of players not wanting to PvP having to grind for them.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already take reduced effects in damage and healing from Battle Spirit and have had the procs adjusted in Horns of the Reach and after Morrowind to account for over-performance in No CP Battlegrounds.

There's a few that could use addition tweaking *cough, Earthgore, cough* but on the whole, most of the sets seem fine to me.

Twitches at the mention of earthgore.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is Troll King still unaffected by Battle Spirit?
    I think it is, but it is now affected by Defile, the Befoul CP star that boosts Defile, and the Siphoner CP star.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have PVP get its own PVP 2 sets that can be bought in AP
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Twitches at the mention of earthgore.

Earthgore is sadly broken as zergs just wear it and can survive many situations they would not because of this set.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because it would just further dumb-down people's playstyles. Dumb down things too much, and some of the fun is sucked out of the game.
  • RGvolterra
    RGvolterra
    ✭✭✭
    OF COURSE NOT!!!!!!! Enough of nerfs and ridiculous ideas.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nope
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No but as others have said a split pve/pvp sets sounds workable
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Yeah this is what I would rather see, I think it solves a lot of the issues around the sets and how they're balanced.

Although personally I would say not just purchase for AP if they can find a more interesting and engaging way to add them, something which gives players the drive to fight for their factions again would be nice.

I would say something like EVE Online's Factional Warfare system could work, however even in that Loyalty Points can just be farmed without the need to engage in PvP. Ideally a system which encourages you to play one faction and involves actively PvP'ing.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Yeah this is what I would rather see, I think it solves a lot of the issues around the sets and how they're balanced.

Although personally I would say not just purchase for AP if they can find a more interesting and engaging way to add them, something which gives players the drive to fight for their factions again would be nice.

I would say something like EVE Online's Factional Warfare system could work, however even in that Loyalty Points can just be farmed without the need to engage in PvP. Ideally a system which encourages you to play one faction and involves actively PvP'ing.

Agree

I would support such "fight for your alliance system", whichever the reward. But coming up with this system may be quite tough.

AP purchase was on my mind cause it is easy enough to implement.
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, yeah. If they want carry sets for PVE, I could care, but they're just stupid in PVP. Equally stupid to throw them into the mileu and then - of course - have to nerf the hell out of them, just in time for the next one.

I'm looking right at you, Earthgore. points to eyes
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if already all monstersets, then also all overland- and crafted-overland-sets too pls!
    only PvPsets allowed! they drop already, and there are crafting possibilities in PvP-zones!

@ZOS, make it possible! No longer endless NERF-this-and-that-set-threads!!!
    best idea ever!!!!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, just the proc sets.

Weapons should kill people not armour
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    The useless sets way overwhelm the useful sets, so i don't think this would be a good solution.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All monster set balance problems would be solved by making two handed weapons count as two gear set slots!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Yes, but I would like to see PvP have their own sets added.

This way you can balance Undaunted Monster sets for PvE and have some other 2 piece proc sets balanced for PvP and earned only via PvP gameplay.

Right now the current system is wonky in a lot of ways, PvE is the main way to earn this, to compensate PvP players who didn't want to grind dungeons we have the golden vendor which sells legendary BiS gear (which can now be transmuted to work in PvE as well) however other PvE sets (trials) are all PvE bonus and PvP sets are PvP bonus.

Adding new PvP sets earned via PvP gameplay would also give ZOS a chance to revitalise some gameplay areas and encourage people to work for something in PvP. The sets not working in PvE also means we skip the whole issue of players not wanting to PvP having to grind for them.

Agree with this. And add streak treatment to vigor - imho.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gett off from my Engine Guardian!!
  • RGvolterra
    RGvolterra
    ✭✭✭
    No way we will allow the monster sets not to be an important tool in the battlefield ... they add plenty of excitement and enhance our battle experience ... that’s just non sense otherwise ZOS should have never introduced them ... RIDICULOUS idea !!! There are people who mainly play PVP só making monster sets useless would hinder their overall experience. I love my Greek / Roman morphological related characters and would never put up with the idea of loosing those nice animations added by the monster sets. GET OFF from my Monster Sets!!!! You guys who are not happy with them , play without them !!! Easy as that ! CHEERS .
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The free damage claims make me laugh, you will have to adapt your playstyle and lose another set option to get full use of it. Its only "free damage" because of the lack of scaling and RNG. Winning because a virtual dice rolled in your favor isn't good

Pasta'd from another thread so if doesn't make sense then eh.

I would rather a whole new proc revamp where they have a 100% chance if a certain requirement is met. I.e. every 25 dot ticks for skoria. (5s with 5 dots.) then remove the arbitrary CDs. The stronger the effect, the harder to proc. Like zaan would be every 10 (probably more) light attacks. (Not reproccing whilst active) stopping ganks and requiring timing.

That and scaling fixes everything.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.