Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Scalecaller Peak

Waffennacht
Waffennacht
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm writing this for my benefit as much as you guys :)

After spending many hours in this dungeon with a PuG I have found a few things out that really can't be found anywhere else.

I mean alcast gives a good over view but (probably because he had a good group) missed a few details.

A tank is absolutely necessary, same for a healer. Seems to me dps is the very least Important thing, mechanics and movement is very important

The first boss, Ogre twins.

Keep them away from each other. One is immobile in the middle, one runs around.
The running around one has a charge up punch that one shots non-tanks

Boss pattern: you will get a message about being targeted by an ice tremor, jump into one of the yellow ice AoEs. It will freeze you, you can break free - do not break free. Allow the tremor to hit you, it will break you free and prevent damage. 1 AoE per character. 1 shot mechanic

Then Ice pillars will form (2?) Hide behind them until Ice Ball pops shattering pillars

Middle ogre slaps ground summoning skeevers, interrupt this.

Pattern repeats - kill both as close to each other as possible - once one dies impossible to prevent the next 1 shot mechanic

Boss 2 - gargoyle and floating balls

Gargoyle - boss bleeds tank (gotta have a tank) healer should focus on tank.

I actually found that after a player becomes encased in stone the gargoyle does the Lazer beam channel which is interruptible (you may already know this) but what you may not know is that after you interrupt the channel the gargoyle becomes enraged and does a small AoE attack. During this attack all lazers stop and it becomes a very good opportunity to free allies.

Every 10% floating ball that shoots lazers appear. If too close for too long will make you a statue, if happens ally must free you quickly (or interrupt boss) to prevent 1 shot. Dps should focus ball once it appears. Really rinse and repeat, saving allies asap

The wind up hit does very high damage, many builds will not survive this, use caution as a tank. A source of major Expedition or a teleport move can be quite convenient.

Boss 3 - Giant Lady Matriarch

Really 2 important mechanics, focus adds when appear, tank plugs hole in the ground when appears. Healer focus tank in hole. Adds must be killed to prevent high damage attack. Also standing in water hurts you.

The holes will appear in front of the Ads.

Boss 4 - Poison Archer Guy

tank should just tank boss, again there's a plug hole mechanic involved, healer focus tank during plug.

Important : everyone will be poisoned. The NPC will yell out something like, "I need Imp entrails" or "I need sapling root" etc. Adds will appear, kill two of the mentioned adds and the NPC throws out a potion to heal the poisons and provides buff. A small green AoE appears in the middle of the room.

Note- after each potion is thrown the boss will fall to his knees and then yell out "what are you gonna just sit there and watch?" Or something like that. A strong guard capable of 1 shotting does will spawn. It's highly advised to kill them asap or have tank taunt them.

Zaan:

I've done this boss now to know her inside and out.

Her normal attacks are small AoEs and if blocked don't pose much threat at all. Even unblocked most tanks will survive, they however will knock you down for a moment which can spell death once the AoE 1 shot mechanic starts (more in a moment)

She will occasionally target one player with fireballs, these can be easily side stepped, if you are squishy or worried about them there is a pillar on the "left" (facing the dragon statues) you can stand behind and it will block the blasts.

Her "chain" ability will occur after a semi large AoE that (kills non tanks, but tank can survive) but will knock player down. She then pics a player up into air and a beam appears dealing massive damage. It's advised non tanks stack behind tank for this part, but you don't have much time nor coordination with PuGs. If non tank is picked, the tank can just stand in beam blocking, if tank is picked it seems best the whole group just mob it and get out if too much damage is taken.

She Summons Ice Giants with approximately 50k health, you have 10 seconds to kill them both or you all wipe.

Then comes the fun part.

Watch the dragon statues, one will light up indicating the area in front will turn into a giant AoE. Get out ASAP, if you're even close enough to think you're touching the AoE you die.

The AoE is random, and seriously get out, don't finish the rez (the only real reason people get caught in one after a while) just get out.

She then throws her shield and a green AoE appears in the area, get in there asap, it's advised to heavy attack for resource Regen now)

Once full area AoE is gone get out of shield AoE.

Rinse and repeat without making a mistake!

BTW range taunt highly recommended!
Edited by Waffennacht on March 7, 2018 9:30PM
Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
1300+ CP
Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A tank is absolutely necessary, same for a healer. Seems to me dps is the very least Important thing, mechanics and movement is very important

You can never the less burst your way through most mechanics. Without a tank could be hard, but three DDs is fine.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve run it a few times on simple veteran mode trying to farm the sets, and I gathered the following observations to add to those OP mentioned:

1. On the first boss, it’s a good idea for the tank to get to a yellow circle on the perimeter of the room, if there is one, when he/she gets the tremours, because as the boss is taunted it will follow along, and so they run the risk of having the bosses too close, and getting poison AoE in the centre.

2. On the Matriarch boss, the tank can stand on the ice island where Jorvuld is standing, and the DPS/healer can stand on the patch of ground just behind him and to the left. The tank keeps the boss on that island and doesn’t move; the DPS then burn her down, while healer has to buff everyone for when the geysers erupt. The healing springs can cover both tank and DPS from that spot.

3. On the last boss, if ice giants take time to go down, the healer (if templar) can use the templar healing ulti, it will go out to all members, even if across the room. Also, skills that give expedition, like NB’s path, are nice in my opinion for that fight.

I've never attempted HM--I've seen Alcast's video, it seems really chaotic :smiley:
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice and helpful comments!
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added detailed Zaan guide
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok added a little helpful bit about the gargoyle:. Just so someone doesn't have to go find it, it's:

"I actually found that after a player becomes encased in stone the gargoyle does the Lazer beam channel which is interruptible (you may already know this) but what you may not know is that after you interrupt the channel the gargoyle becomes enraged and does a small AoE attack. During this attack all lazers stop and it becomes a very good opportunity to free allies."
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May want to mention the one shot mechanic with the Gargoyle as well. There is a point were he charges up and attacks the tank (or whoever has aggro) and if you do not dodge the attack it is a one shot through block and 45K+ health. You also cannot interrupt the attack. At least, that was my experience with the fight as a tank.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jaws343 I didn't write that because it's not exactly true. For the majority of tanks maybe. But I run a Healthden tank and it actually didn't one shot me through block

I have like almost 60k health which also provides about a 20k shield via bone shield. So it's like I have (through block) 138k health + leaching Vines and the Artic Blast HoT.

So I actually just face tanked it.

Though I did find a sorc tank to be equally good on the first few bosses where streak can get you away from such mechanics or to an ally extremely quickly
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it helps I have a vid of taking down Zaan on normal mode with all of the calls that are important.

Group DPS is a tad low given it was our first attempt at the dungeon, and we were taking things slow rather than just trying for super fast burns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyapG_KClpQ
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jaws343 I didn't write that because it's not exactly true. For the majority of tanks maybe. But I run a Healthden tank and it actually didn't one shot me through block

I have like almost 60k health which also provides about a 20k shield via bone shield. So it's like I have (through block) 138k health + leaching Vines and the Artic Blast HoT.

So I actually just face tanked it.

Though I did find a sorc tank to be equally good on the first few bosses where streak can get you away from such mechanics or to an ally extremely quickly

That is fair, but a normally specced trials tank, or a permablock tank, is going to get one shot in that fight and it is a good thing to know.
  • Idontknow91
    Idontknow91
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't aware that was a 1 shot from Doylemish myself, I run on a magplar tank with only 33k health 0_0 I have never encountered that problem.
    Edited by Idontknow91 on April 18, 2018 7:13AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can any of this poison or bleed be usefully cleansed/purged?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FrancisCrawford The poisons cannot be purged, I do not know about the bleed.

Just an fyi for people; the lazers have a range, so if one targets you, you can run out of its range if you move quickly enough
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds