The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character preset save.

Inquisitio
Hello,

I made a character just to reserve my nickname. Now I'd like to create it properly. It will take my some time to do this (probably 2 hours) and i'm afraid that during this someone might take my nick. So now i have a problem - how can i save my character so that after "creating" it i go back to main screen, delete the other toon and then go back and finalize the process?
Inquisitio|Imperial|Nightblade|Ebonheart Pact
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't. You'd have to delete it, then go through the character creation and hope that nobody takes the name.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Inquisitio
    Hmm... That's bad, what about having two instances of TESO opened ? In one i create character and in the other one i delete it?
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure you can't have to instances of ESO running, at least not on the same computer.

It might be possible, if you have two computers, to log on at the same time and therefore delete the character, then create the new character on the other computer almost instantly after.
    I haven't tested it, but it might be worth a shot.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a way. Create alt with name you want to have, pay no attention to appearance. Once done start making your ''real'' character BUT dont put anything into Character Name field. Spend as much time creating it as you wish, as you have name secured. Then, once you 100% happy with your look, press BACK on left side, it will take you to character select. Delete character with desired name. After that click CREATE, and your previous settings will be there still. Did that myself, took me over 1 hour, and i could do this, and have my name after deleting ''nameholder''.

Game will reset appearance settings only if you quit it during the process. To be 100% sure try it yourself, just change hairs or makeup and do BACK, then CREATE again. It wont change.
  • Inquisitio
    Thanks mate, i'll give it a try.
  • Firmament
    Firmament
    ✭✭
    Mortuum wrote: »
    There is a way. Create alt with name you want to have, pay no attention to appearance. Once done start making your ''real''
    character BUT dont put anything into Character Name field. Spend as much time creating it as you wish, as you have name secured. Then, once you 100% happy with your look, press BACK on left side, it will take you to character select. Delete character with desired name. After that click CREATE, and your previous settings will be there still. Did that myself, took me over 1 hour, and i could do this, and have my name after deleting ''nameholder''.

Game will reset appearance settings only if you quit it during the process. To be 100% sure try it yourself, just change hairs or makeup and do BACK, then CREATE again. It wont change.

I looooooove ya! Gonna now everything makes sense because one time during char creation i did press "back" and when i tried again the look was the same from where i stopped.
    Thank you!
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea so not a bug for me but confirmed by Firmament. Even if it is a bug, it is for sure very nice one, and we love to dont see it on patch notes fixes list ;p

Glad could help guys:) Now go spend hours creating your characters, knowing that your name is safe.