The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New house storage issue

Cameron_Vayle
Cameron_Vayle
✭✭✭
While the new storage for houses is ok I am disappointed at the same time. You have no option to set the containers to let others access the chest. One would hope that you would be able to do this in your own house but no, it is personal only. What of guilds or husband/wife ect that would like to be able just drop items off in the box? Before you say that guilds have banks I know this and honestly it makes no difference. These items do not show up in the bank just in the boxes at the houses.

How about you add the option of a single co-owner for a house with the ability to do everything the owner can save expel the owner? Or better yet set a full range of options that the house owner can select to as what the invited folks can do in their house because honestly they way it is now is just garbage.
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need more guild hall love instead of just someone's house.
    PC/EU
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While the new storage for houses is ok I am disappointed at the same time. You have no option to set the containers to let others access the chest. One would hope that you would be able to do this in your own house but no, it is personal only. What of guilds or husband/wife ect that would like to be able just drop items off in the box? Before you say that guilds have banks I know this and honestly it makes no difference. These items do not show up in the bank just in the boxes at the houses.

How about you add the option of a single co-owner for a house with the ability to do everything the owner can save expel the owner? Or better yet set a full range of options that the house owner can select to as what the invited folks can do in their house because honestly they way it is now is just garbage.

totally true!! the access option should be there, the same as house access
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Co-ownership or sub-ownership should be a thing, but for a future quality of life update.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Valagash
    Valagash
    ✭✭✭
    I don t like the idea because of so many guild banks which got robbed. And second they have to change the whole system around, because we need a log for the chests too like in the guild banks.

A guild bank merchant for houses and bigger guild bank spaces (bought by gold) would be better in my opinion.
  • Cameron_Vayle
    Cameron_Vayle
    ✭✭✭
    Valagash wrote: »
    I don t like the idea because of so many guild banks which got robbed. And second they have to change the whole system around, because we need a log for the chests too like in the guild banks.

A guild bank merchant for houses and bigger guild bank spaces (bought by gold) would be better in my opinion.

Fine, then lower the amount of actual accounts to 2 that are needed to form a guild so folks that are married can created their own guild since we are allowed to be in 5. I mean honestly we have purchased almost all the houses for her as that is what she likes to 'collect' but I can not access storage?

As to guild banks being robbed...well that is a trust issue. There are always folks out there that think it is so funny to steal everything from others in a game. I do find this a bit lame tbh. But what one can one do other than what they have now? As I learned in another game called Eve Online. If you can not afford to lose it don't fly it. If you don't trust the folks in the guild then leave.

This after all is just a game.
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    Valagash wrote: »
    This after all is just a game.

PFFFTT HihGHGKWIUWHnkqJCWBEHJK?!?!

TO YOU MAYBE!!!

;)
    Edited by Glockcoma725 on January 9, 2018 2:46PM
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feels like there's always another cloud behind ZoS's silver lining. Housing storage, yay, but it can't be acessed by anyone else, and it appears they can only be obtained via pvp, master crafting and (shocker) the crown store. No tradeable runeboxes for the new chests/coffers (going by the PTS).
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    Any word on how many vouchers are needed for one?
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any word on how many vouchers are needed for one?
    Stormahawk wrote: »

Here is the cost breakdown.
    Chests (60 capacity) and cost 200 vouchers or 200,000 Tel Var (800 vouchers or 800K Telvar for all 4)
    Coffers (30 capacity) cost 100 vouchers or 100,000 Tel Var (400 vouchers or 400K Telvar for all 4)

From this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/388869/pts-update-17-feedback-thread-for-home-storage-furnishings#latest
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the issue is bound gear. I assume you can put BOP gear in those containers, correct? That means no one but you could possibly be granted access to those containers because your bound gear is bound to you and you only. The alternative is the guild bank route which can be accessed by many but cannot store any bound gear. Personally I'd rather take BOP gear containers.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Guild Masters are stingy about who withdraws from a Guild Bank, but you're perfectly fine with people pilfering your private storage? Even with permissions someone in your guild could just stake out your storage, see anything worth taking, take it then leave the Guild.

OR, if the storage doesn't keep a record of who puts in or takes out what, then really anyone in your guild can just empty your storage anonymously and keep their trust in the guild intact.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real question is can other people see what is in the storage containers in the houses or not lol.
  • shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭
    The limitations with housing are ridiculous we need at least 3x the amount of slots. I agree, on the chests. When new members join the guild it would be nice for them to be able to go to your home and you could put out a sign saying FREE ITEMS for newbies or at least at the Guild hall.
    -- It is easy to be a Jerk Online; what do you win? Being Kind people remember you, help you, befriend you and you feel good too.
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing im mostly disappointed, is that my house was allready full of furniture, that would logically be storage like cabinets, wardrobes and various chests and crates..

But none of these work as storage.. i meant what the hell?
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<