The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bruma in ESo

mr.blonde007ub17_ESO
mr.blonde007ub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
so when i used to play oblivion, i loved the thieves guild and i used to sell a lot of stuff to that bruma bar guy.

so you could say that bruma is kind of special to me, so my question is "is bruma unlocked in eso and do you have any pictures of it"?"
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its in Northern Cyrodiil, it has a dark anchor in it and the town is overrun with enemy players and daedra.

It's not like you remember it, haha.

It's also a pvp objective.
    Edited by Smmokkee on February 24, 2018 8:11PM
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s there but it doesn’t look very good. There are video comparisons on YouTube you should check it out
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruma is a quest hub in Cyrodiil, but if you are coming here expecting something similar to Oblivion, you will be utterly disappointed ...
    shades.gif
  • resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    I assume you’re a new player. If so, welcome. The short answer is: yes, Bruma is in the game, and you can visit it.
    The long answer might be a bit disappointing though: while Bruma is in the game, you can only visit it in the Alliance War Zone Cyrodiil, and the city is currently under Daedra attack. So you can expect a much different Bruma than in Oblivion.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade - Main

Pactum Dunmeri | Ard Feainn | Aetherius Art | Kley Guild

Achievement points: 26k+
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd love to see it but it would involve going into the zone of many crashes.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pop into a quieter campaign and you should be ok getting to Bruma but watch yourself within the town itself as there are often enemy players about, its nice to explore up there in the snowy mountains tho. If you can find a campaign where your alliance has Bleakers Outpost its only a couple of mins from there.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want really good Oblivion nostalgia, I'd recommend the Gold Coast. Anvil and Kvatch look exactly like they do in Oblivion (well, Kvatch looks considerably better than it did in Oblivion, actually).

They kept the leveled structure and nordic archtecture of Bruma from Oblivion, but its much smaller and you'll really only be able to interact with a few NPCs and buildings. The quests are here: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Bruma

Though, you can speak to a member of the Draconis family at the Applewatch Inn for extra Oblivion Dark Brotherhood nostalgia.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tread very carefully in Bruma. Gankers love Bruma and Cropsford.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruma isnt a normal quest hub. Its a town in PvP that Factions can capture. There are repeatable quest givers but if you try to do them chances are someone will attack you for free alliance points.

Bruma is very empty, the architecture is Nordic, and the buildings are off kilter, sunken into the ground.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so when i used to play oblivion, i loved the thieves guild and i used to sell a lot of stuff to that bruma bar guy.

so you could say that bruma is kind of special to me, so my question is "is bruma unlocked in eso and do you have any pictures of it"?"

I have a soft spot for Bruma for exactly the reason reason.

Slightly off topic, but did anyone ever use any of the other TG fences? I always used the Bruma guy because he was the only one I could remember where to find, and according to my friends they did too for the same reason :D

But to get back on topic - the best time for visiting Bruma is during the week at 'offpeak' times, as Cyrodiil will be a lot quieter then. (Although as others have mentioned, the town is over run with Daedra so you will have to deal with them)
    Maybe go with some friends or guild mates, especially if you've never been to Cyrodiil before.
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on February 25, 2018 1:10AM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can go to Bruma in Cyrodiil. But that's a PvP area. It's a quest hub, which can also make it a troll hub.
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭