Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please don't make me bail out dungeon PUGs

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can honestly say 7/10 when ever I use the group finder and see a portal it's a bunch of PvP players trying to grind out PvE content with their PvP builds that do less damage than the PvE healer. Last thing I want to do when I am burning my enlightenment in the daily random normal is drag sweaties through.. but I will do it if I have to.

The remaining 3/10 times is low CP groups of new players that legit do not know mechanics and are trying to do their first clear. I got no problem helping low CP players. They want to learn, and will generally listen.

Quit being an elitist and just help people when they need it. You might not like it, but suck it up princess.

Your 3/10 is my 9/10.

I would have no problem at all helping if they could just give me credit for the damn pledge. Nothing worse than sitting through a long queue as a solo DPS only to have to carry a group through the final boss and then have to sit through a long re-queue to kill the other bosses.

No other players are entitled to my time but I'm happy to give it if I am getting something in return for my time spent for helping strangers.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make three friends. Do Pledges together. Never PUG again.
    ...Maybe make more than Three friends, in case some of your friends are busy.
    In fact, it's a good idea to have a large group of friends and/or allies to draw from.

...I wonder if there is any service in game to help with that?
    To help with finding non PUGs to go in to a Dungeon with..

Well, I guess you're stuck.

It's called a guild xD
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running with guildmates sounds good on paper, unless you can only play at odd times of the day/night and those 20 something guildies that are on out of 500 are interested in doing whatever it is you need done.

Been on both sides of that coin and not too often does our agendas line up at 4am when I'm already preoccupied and they are in need of help or vice versa.
    Edited by Sevn on February 24, 2018 2:18AM
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »
    Running with guildmates sounds good on paper, unless you can only play at odd times of the day/night and those 20 something guildies that are on out of 500 are interested in doing whatever it is you need done.

Been on both sides of that coin and not too often does our agendas line up at 4am when I'm already preoccupied and they are in need of help or vice versa.

You can have five guilds. Try to get into one you notice is active at off-hours. There's a few Aussie guilds around in the middle of the (NA) night so try to weasel your way into one of those. Would make playing at odd hours much less painful. If you just want pledge credit (not vet) I recommend calling for a full dps group and just burning everything down with everyone managing their own sustain. Even for a group full of PvP regulars, AoE from four people will roast trash and eat through bosses really fast. As long as one person has a taunt to hold bosses still, then all non-DLC can be breezed through.

Edit: auto correct did...something to one of those words
    Edited by Jhalin on February 24, 2018 3:46AM
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, what is the problem? Why do you complain?
    Here, listen my story. It happened yesterday. (Funny, all my stories are happened yesterday, when I'm going to tell them). Nvm.
    So, I've got pulled in Darkshade 1. I see the portal, so, looks like those guys need my help! Where're they?.. Ah, this way. "I'm on my way!"
    "Hi everyone." Greetings emotions. We're going further. Hmm... It's strange. I'm pretty sure trash mobs should have been here. And here. It's been a longtime since I did Darkshade1 last time... No, guys, something is definitely wrong! Open a map. "Ok, well, umm... Why are you going back, guys?"
    They turn around, we're looking at each other. Ok, let's get back, I know the route.
    "Oh my... Really? So, you've killed the last boss already?..." Answer was "--*".
    "Ok then, good luck. Bye bye" - I said.
    "W%#?!%&\uc!@ga$$#0//$!" - I meant.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make three friends. Do Pledges together. Never PUG again.
    ...Maybe make more than Three friends, in case some of your friends are busy.
    In fact, it's a good idea to have a large group of friends and/or allies to draw from.

...I wonder if there is any service in game to help with that?
    To help with finding non PUGs to go in to a Dungeon with..

Well, I guess you're stuck.
    Friends are a burden because having a friend is also having an obligation.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quit being an elitist and just help people when they need it. You might not like it, but suck it up princess.
    As I said, I have no problem doing a dungeon from the beginning.

Everyone thinks they are so clever, making comments like that. You know nothing about me. You know nothing about the people I've not only helped with their builds, but who I have supported financially or crafted stuff for. Or the group with which we eventually scraped through vCOA 2 today.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You still get the huge daily dungeon bonus experience. It's a gift if you get a group that's on the last boss and you just help them with that and BOOM, 415k+ experience!
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can thank the dedicated exploiters for every rule that screws 20 people so 1 can't game the game. Getting full undaunted credit for coming in to rescue a group is reasonable until you realize people would start vote kicking before that last boss so some extra-special didn't have to run a whole dungeon.
    Shadow hide you.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its frustrating when you are on a pledge and you queue up with completing the pledge in mind and getting thrown into the middle of the dungeon without the possibility of finishing the pledge.

Then you have to finish the dungeon and queue again, time is not unlimited you only have so much time to do the pledges each day and suddenly you have to do 1 and half a dungeon to get the pledge.

I am in Australia on top of my 300 ping I am playing the game at 4 am USA time, guess how easy it is to get people from my guilds to do a dungeon?... nearly impossible... and if you do it can take half an hour before everyone has finished the thing they were doing and are able to help. I am in 5 guilds only 2 are active :/... the others used to be active then just died off.. I am not confident that any guilds I join wont be dead.... at 4 am USA time... let alone in a months time.

I made a tank for the sole purpose of getting a pledge queue shorter than an hour....and I only use them for pledges.

I just want a pledge queue, that will queue me for the pledge dungeons and not throw me in the middle of a dungeon I can no longer complete for pledge.
    Edited by Narvuntien on February 24, 2018 5:54AM
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everytime to reach lvl 10 undaunted there should be a check to see if any other toon on your account has it already, then it should award you the title

re-daunted
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard if you get into a group half way thru, you can do hard mode last boss for 2 keys, then solo a normal dungeon for the bosses you missed to complete the quest. You will still get 2 keys.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    You still get the huge daily dungeon bonus experience. It's a gift if you get a group that's on the last boss and you just help them with that and BOOM, 415k+ experience!
    I heard if you get into a group half way thru, you can do hard mode last boss for 2 keys, then solo a normal dungeon for the bosses you missed to complete the quest. You will still get 2 keys.

That's all very nice, but at 980 CP and this long in the game, I don't give a rats ar-s-e about the XP, nor the keys. It's still fun to explore the different classes, and it's much better for your PvP, if you understand / play all of them. I know that levelling already improved tremendously over the years. Of course, this post was written in exasperation. That said, with 5 characters fully levelled, and one who has travelled all the corners of the world for Cadwell's Gold, what I really wish for is the option to get another fully levelled character by, say, paying for it. And by levelled I also mean Undaunted, Mage's Guild, Soul Assault, skyshards, and so forth. The crappy stuff that's really tedious to get when you've basically seen it all. That will probably never happen, because people would cry "pay to win", but whatever.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    fred4 wrote: »
    After two and a half years, 980 CP, and now on my 5th active (non-mule) character, I have established my niche. It's PvP. I hate dungeons, but I have to do them to get Undaunted Mettle. Don't argue. I do. Everyone does, really. It's too good a buff to pass up, if you at all care about being competitive.

Tonight I queued 3 times with the Dungeon Finder, and each time I see the dreaded blue portal when I enter the dungeon, the one that means I have been drafted in to help a group who has the dungeon half done. I don't mind helping a low CP group, but this is too much. If I am going to spend, likely, considerable time with them, it has to at least move my character progression forward. I want credit for the pledge and dungeon quest. It's the only thing I'm there for. Wish ZOS would accomodate that.

I understand why they don't want to give credit for the pledge if you are there only for the last boss. The final boss isn't always the toughest boss and we all know there are players in the game that would kick someone and invite a friend for the last boss.

There should be an option in the dungeon queue that allows you to select whether or not you want to join a group in progress.

Hopefully it wasn't a wgt portal ;D
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should just give pledge credit if you use the random finder end up in a pledge dungeon partially completed. Maybe gets more people into the random finder and let’s those that get stuck in a group that maybe bad a bonus for helping them out.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on February 24, 2018 3:59PM
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just give pledge credit if you use the random finder end up in a pledge dungeon partially completed. Maybe gets more people into the radon finder and let’s those that get stuck in a group that maybe bad a bonus for helping them out.

They could make it so normal dungeons don't have a grouping ban tbh. Keep the ban on vet. If you find yourself getting kicked too often it's a sign.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could remove the penalty on normal dungeons. Tbh half the people there drool all overthemselves anyway. Then you can givr it a fair go, but if you end upnwith brain dead mouth breathing stupids you can easilly leave and help another group.

There is ZERO incentive to gambling on the group finder because:

-you get stuck with terrible players who need to stick to single player rpgs

-the likelyhood of the above has an unrealistically high chance of happening.

-you get penalized for helping noobs (why is this a thing?)

-if you're a noob you're probably going to get kicked, so your incentive to learn is already both damaged, and quashed.

-many groups are destined to fail because the average player ability is terrible, and why would you run a suppirt class, get stuck in a nfg2 progression, and banned for 15 minutes when there are plenty of capable teams that want you.

-the self driven autofail system of the above only ensures nothing gets fixed.

-who the hell actually wants to join a group only to have to think: wel; ***, I'm here for 15 minutes, I can either kick scrub x from his own group and be done with stupid dungeon, or leave group and suffer the frustrating results.

That choice is not fun, teaming up with other players shouldn't be a 'me or them' decision. Nobody wins, and it fuels player toxicity. Group bans were the dumbest pve update besides morrowind/wardens/nerfs.

And why did we get the group ban in the first place? Because a few people liked joining/leaving groups for fun? Well now they added a ready check system, so if I really wanted to I can que as tank/heals/dps and accomplish the same thing. so now pugging is even more punishing for exactly 0 gain.
    Edited by Ep1kMalware on February 24, 2018 3:55PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    fred4 wrote: »
    After two and a half years, 980 CP, and now on my 5th active (non-mule) character, I have established my niche. It's PvP. I hate dungeons, but I have to do them to get Undaunted Mettle. Don't argue. I do. Everyone does, really. It's too good a buff to pass up, if you at all care about being competitive.

Tonight I queued 3 times with the Dungeon Finder, and each time I see the dreaded blue portal when I enter the dungeon, the one that means I have been drafted in to help a group who has the dungeon half done. I don't mind helping a low CP group, but this is too much. If I am going to spend, likely, considerable time with them, it has to at least move my character progression forward. I want credit for the pledge and dungeon quest. It's the only thing I'm there for. Wish ZOS would accomodate that.

I understand why they don't want to give credit for the pledge if you are there only for the last boss. The final boss isn't always the toughest boss and we all know there are players in the game that would kick someone and invite a friend for the last boss.

There should be an option in the dungeon queue that allows you to select whether or not you want to join a group in progress.
    Simply only award it if pug with finder not for invites, it gives an initiative for helping an struggling group
    if you help friends you don't need an reward anyway.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.