Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Starting Weapons

TyarVaroo
TyarVaroo
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if there's any way where you can pick up the weapon you want to play with from the start.

I've noticed that you're only limited to 3 weapons in the beginning and many of them aren't available, such as a bow, or a restoration staff.

If this isn't available, I think it's a missed gaming mechanic. You level the weapon you play with and if the first weapon you pick up isn't what you want (and it might take some time before you get what you want) You're missing out on points.

Would love to hear what you think or know.

Thanks in advance
"What is better... to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • donheyb16_ESO
    My understanding is that there one of every weapon type is supposed to available in Cold Harbour. You may have to do some looting to get the one you want though.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earlier betas allowed for a selection of different types of weapons. From what I understood from patch notes, that is no longer the case. You get a sword.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • TyarVaroo
    TyarVaroo
    My understanding is that there one of every weapon type is supposed to available in Cold Harbour. You may have to do some looting to get the one you want though.

I've noticed that yeah, but from the starting area (the prison) you're not allowed any other weapon than mace, sword or destruction staff (to my knowledge). Which I find a bit frustrating, in case you would like to play a bow. You'll easily level that weapon to 3rd level without ever using it again when you get what you want.
    "What is better... to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • TyarVaroo
    TyarVaroo
    GreySix wrote: »
    Earlier betas allowed for a selection of different types of weapons. From what I understood from patch notes, that is no longer the case. You get a sword.

I've played the beta as well, where all weapons were available. This would actually be my own preference, in the later beta this was dropped to only a sword and right now in the full game, a mace, sword and destruction staff.
  • Archie
    Archie
    ✭✭✭
    So where can we find a bow soonest?
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Archie wrote: »

Chests or weapon drops from enemies.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• TyarVaroo
    TyarVaroo
    GreySix wrote: »

Chests or weapon drops from enemies.

You will also receive a "Sealed Urn with your name on it" from the Prophet, upon completing the prison level. In this urn I've found out, is often a decent bow.
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    In starting Coldharbor area there is a lots of hidden, unlocked chests with all sort of loot, includng most weapons and armors.
    If you dont see them -it means that other players colected them and you need to wait for respawn
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TyarVaroo wrote: »
    You will also receive a "Sealed Urn with your name on it" from the Prophet, upon completing the prison level. In this urn I've found out, is often a decent bow.

Nice!
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• Carnage2K4
    Carnage2K4
    ✭✭✭✭
    Opened every crate, done bleak rock... still no bow... wtf...
    Human Infant Connoisseur
  • Osi
    Osi
    ✭✭✭
    Just find some materials and craft any weapon you need as soon as you get out of Cold Harbor.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, crafting a bow isn't difficult at all.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• GrimCyclone
    GrimCyclone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You make a good point. Personally, I'm hoping that regardless of what weapon we train, it will not inhibit in choice or chain of choices we intend to make.

In that way it would be much like the other games. In fact, I like how Elder Scrolls promotes going your own way and breaking from the traditions of having to be stuck with this or that type of armor/weapon. Sure, there are certain drawbacks/advantages to what you use and when, but I like the freedom of choice.

Anywho, hope you find what you like.
  • TyarVaroo
    TyarVaroo
    You make a good point. Personally, I'm hoping that regardless of what weapon we train, it will not inhibit in choice or chain of choices we intend to make.

In that way it would be much like the other games. In fact, I like how Elder Scrolls promotes going your own way and breaking from the traditions of having to be stuck with this or that type of armor/weapon. Sure, there are certain drawbacks/advantages to what you use and when, but I like the freedom of choice.

Anywho, hope you find what you like.

You also make a strong point. Though "the freedom of choice" here is quite limited.

Thanks for your comment though. Feel the same way about the game.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the beta, I argued in favor of more choice.

Seems those with my sentiment were outnumbered. :/
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• Stealthk80
    Stealthk80
    ✭✭
    Oops
    Edited by Stealthk80 on April 8, 2020 11:18PM