Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[BUG] Executioner passive

Jaxaxo
Jaxaxo
✭✭✭✭
Executioner passive from nightblade assasination skill tree is not working as (i guess) intended. After change it should give back resources if opponent damaged by assasination ability dies within 2 sec, but if enemy dies TO assasination skill u dont get any resources back. It can't be killing blow. Which is kinda dump for an "executioner" passive on tree with class execute.
@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom It suppose to work that way?
Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
Youtube
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm there is something not right with this passive. Tested on 4 mobs last night spamming only killers blade. cmx reported I only saw resource return from one of the deaths. This would explain it, as the mob that died *i think* died to velidreth proc. I don't have the logs to check anymore.
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can we get information if it's intended and will stay like this?
    Forum War - pro AC side

DC - Frostitute magden
    Youtube
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even know if this is a bug when you read the tooltip...

"When an enemy dies within 2 seconds of being damaged by one of your Assassination abilities,"

We're assuming it's also meant to proc when you get the killing blow as it used to only proc then. Is a killing blow classes as 'within 2 secs' (just before death) or is it not?

Either way, the recent tweak seems to have made it made it worse for NB in both DPS & tanks roles. I did try it out when it was first mentioned with lotus fan, but everything still went per shaped!

Honestly, I would rather see it reviewed by ZoS, the passive is way too restrictive. It requires a mob to die, it cares about who killed it and when it was killed. Any one of these things is pretty restrictive in itself. If it is to be compared to another resource passive, the obvious choices are helping hands or natures gift. Both of these are likely to go off during combat and have a suitable balanced nature to what procs them. changing the skill to reward battlefield mobility would be awesome, AGES ago there was a mention of ZoS wanting NB to be mobile in combat during in a live episode. Switching this skill to proc on dodge (blur/dodge roll) would reward such mobility, or take the edge off the cost of it for those that are already highly mobile.

I can dream right? :D
    Edited by aeowulf on February 2, 2018 12:56PM
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any recommended places where I can upload some cmx logs/screen shots showing it not proccing? Not uploaded anything to the net for decades ^^
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    imgur maybe?
    Forum War - pro AC side

DC - Frostitute magden
    Youtube
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok, thanks. Right, I created an imgur account just for this, and you know what... it's not needed^^ can upload directly to the forum, so funny & just my luck!

8pysclz49wet.png
    Edited by aeowulf on February 8, 2018 10:05PM
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so above picture - killers blade within the last 2 seconds, no executioner proc.

but it's not as easy as that, and I don't know what causes it. It often doesn't proc from a death blow on KB too, but I've also managed to make it proc from both a death blow and in the 2 seconds prior. Ambush seems more reliable, and that will usually proc it, but also can not proc, sometimes. I have a gut feeling it's something like it doesn't proc when fighting multiple mobs :( It's way more reliable single target.

Either way, both damaging assassination skills cost more to cast than the resource return from this passive when a mob dies. That's before you even consider the 'lost' slot, difficult timing and buggy nature. :( Unfortunately, as a tank, you're better off trying to not proc it currently :(

Please let me know if there's any thing else I can add.
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel

The problem here is depending on what rank of the Executioner Passive you have it either applies:
    101434	Executioner	Player -> Player	2 sec duration on target when hit by an assassination ability	Executioner (Rank 1)
    or
    101437	Executioner	Player -> Player	2 sec duration on target when hit by an assassination ability	Executioner (Rank 2)

When this effect is present on a target when it dies to any damage you cause (including that of assassination abilities) - the restore effect is triggered.

However, if an assassination ability was the KILLING BLOW and no other assassination ability was cast 2 seconds prior to this ability being used, neither rank of the Executioner Passive's effect gets applied onto the target. The effect from the passive get applied after the damage is resolved, so if the target is dead - it never applies.

In order to fix the issue the passive would have to apply its effects before the damage is resolved from the assassination ability (if that's the intended behavior - which I'd argue it should be if that's not the case).
    Edited by ArtOfShred on February 9, 2018 6:05AM
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's some pretty accurate info^^

How on earth can you see that sort of stuff??!?
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tested. Monday's update did not fix this.
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    aeowulf wrote: »

I'm an addon developer and I'm a maniac that's basically gone over a TON of the skills & abilities in the game and tested how they work.

There's events whenever an ability is fired that the API can detect: EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT. I can make a debug dump that shows the Source/Target, duration, name, etc... then log that for every ability. After I log that information then I blacklist that ID from displaying when the event fires. This lets me see each of the individual events happening when an ability goes off.

I log all the information I collect on a spreadsheet here, list bugs, list interactions (can it be blocked/dodged/cleansed/reflected etc) - and also track the customizations I add for LUI Extended. There a lot of abilities in the game that have placeholder icons or names, show a buff when they shouldn't (Healing Ward for example just shows this little 1 sec placeholder buff icon when the 2nd heal goes off) - so I hide those, or change the icons/names etc by populating a table with overrides.

It takes an absurd amount of time to go over every morph/rank of class skills though - but when I finally manage to do - I can submit the whole list to ZOS and hopefully have some issues fixed (if they don't get to it before I find it).
    Edited by ArtOfShred on February 14, 2018 10:26PM
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArtOfShred wrote: »

I'm an addon developer and I'm a maniac that's basically gone over a TON of the skills & abilities in the game and tested how they work.

There's events whenever an ability is fired that the API can detect: EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT. I can make a debug dump that shows the Source/Target, duration, name, etc... then log that for every ability. After I log that information then I blacklist that ID from displaying when the event fires. This lets me see each of the individual events happening when an ability goes off.

I log all the information I collect on a spreadsheet here, list bugs, list interactions (can it be blocked/dodged/cleansed/reflected etc) - and also track the customizations I add for LUI Extended. There a lot of abilities in the game that have placeholder icons or names, show a buff when they shouldn't (Healing Ward for example just shows this little 1 sec placeholder buff icon when the 2nd heal goes off) - so I hide those, or change the icons/names etc by populating a table with overrides.

It takes an absurd amount of time to go over every morph/rank of class skills though - but when I finally manage to do - I can submit the whole list to ZOS and hopefully have some issues fixed (if they don't get to it before I find it).

wow, that spreadsheet is... indescribable! That's gotta be like a full time job to create something like that, I hope ZoS look at it when you're done. Will defo keep an eye on it, i'm intersted in immovable, and how it differs from block but I don't think it does <client side> There are certain things only a 'true block' will protect you against.
    Edited by aeowulf on February 19, 2018 11:42AM
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone checked this since monday's patch yet?
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems this is still broken - no stealth fix in monday's patch
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    wow, that spreadsheet is... indescribable! That's gotta be like a full time job to create something like that, I hope ZoS look at it when you're done. Will defo keep an eye on it, i'm intersted in immovable, and how it differs from block but I don't think it does <client side> There are certain things only a 'true block' will protect you against.

Not sure what all happens on the C++ end but whenever a damaging attack is blocked (if blockable) the action result goes from ACTION_RESULT_DAMAGE to ACTION_RESULT_BLOCKED_DAMAGE.

As far as the CC I'd have to check. I think Immovable works against a few things that block doesn't (Thinking of that annoying stagger from Harvesters ground targeted ability) - but I might be wrong. Some effects flagged as buffs instead of debuffs just hit you anyway regardless too.

Edited by ArtOfShred on February 23, 2018 10:40PM
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool cheers, there's also shield wall - works in a different way again, it does not 'block' like a true block does, there are some boss abilities that just go through it

There's still something squiffy with this passive in addition your comments too, that screen shot i uploaded, it shows a mob dieing to razer caltrops, 1 seconds after it was hit with killers blade. that should of proc'd it, but didn't. maybe killers blade isn't flagged as an assassination ability?
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh huh wierd. The passive doesn't specify direct damage only does it? I didn't think to check if dots trigger it correctly.
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no just says 'damaged by assassination ability'. Killers blade is direct damage (& class execute)

• aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wednesday bug check - looks resolved :D Will run a few more tests later

Many thanks are hurled in the general direction of the person/people responsible :)
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArtOfShred, thanks for linking that spreadsheet. There's a wealth of information there, even being WIP. I only recently discovered a lot of the Sorcerer abilities I expected to be DoT are actually Direct Damage applied in ticks over a duration. At least, that's how it seemed seeing how CP affected the tooltip numbers (which I imagine can also be inaccurate sometimes if it's not reading something right). I kinda wish the tooltips were a little clearer in that "100 damage every 1 second for 10 seconds" and "1000 damage over 10 seconds" are not both DoTs, and thus do not both get bonuses from CP like Thaumaturge.
          In verity.
  • Supernatural
    Supernatural
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, the passive is still broken. As mentioned above, you will only get resources back only when you have damaged an enemy with an assassination ability and then kill it within two seconds after its use and not instantly. Also, some people are wandering if this is actually intended or not. By reading the Clockwork City patch notes (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/379456/xbox-one-patch-notes-v1-10-0-0-clockwork-city#latest) one will assume it is probably not. So, before CWC, you would get 1.8k magicka back over 6 seconds after killing an enemy with an assassination abiility. With the update going live, the passive was changed to return both magicka and stamina instantly or within 2 secs after using an assassination ability. It is clearly stated that the passive does not REQUIRE you getting the killing blow with an assassination ability to get the resource return. That does not mean that it no longer gives resources back. And ZOS themselves on the developer comments also present it as a buff, so it is probably not intented. But can we have a response from the ZOS team just to make sure and also let us know whether a fix is in the works or not? :D@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Wrobel
    Maelstrom Arena - World's First Nightblade 600k Score - 02/18/2017
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep not fixed :( I am retracting the thanks until a future point in time :D but they are here and waiting for someone

testing is actually tougher now as I don't know when KB is going to work or not :(
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see this mentioned in Mondays patch notes, has anyone had a chance to see if it was ninja-fixed?