The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Cant storage rare fish in the storage coffins

BlackEar
BlackEar
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi Zenimax. For those of us who like to collect the collectible's from monsters and the rare fish, please add the option to place them in the coffers. Right now they are taking up space in my bank, alts and inventory on my main character. I would love to store them somewhere and I thought these coffers would be the solution.
Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How are you able to store rare fish in your bank? It has never let me deposit mine. Anyway yeah I don't see why they shouldn't be storeable
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read somewhere that it’s so you can’t grab the fish on another toon and get the achievement. I think it’s absurd to restrict master angler like that, but important for combat titles.

Also, I believe the op means bag space, not bank space. The chests follow bank rules.
    Edited by Colecovision on February 22, 2018 8:33AM
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put a lot of fish in the bank before they made the change so you couldn’t do it. I understand they wanted to remove the option to share fish for achievements, but it would be nice to be able to store your collectibles in the coffers, as it is only fitting.
    Edited by BlackEar on February 22, 2018 3:19PM
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

• Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    They should make it where you can mount these fishies and make collectable trophies out of them
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackEar wrote: »
    I put a lot of fish in the bank before they made the change so you couldn’t do it. I understand they wanted to remove the option to share fish for achievements, but it would be nice to be able to store your collectibles in the coffers, as it is only fitting.

You seem to understand why Zos doesn’t permit banking rare fish. Chest storage is shared by all characters so it makes sense one would not be able to place rare fish in the chests.
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know why, but they should make it so you only get credit when actually fishing the fish not just checking if you have it in the inventory. That would make it possible to store fish without trivializing the achievement.

Achievement hunter:

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's because the event that's captured is "fish enters character inventory" - not the catch itself. If you throw them back (e.g. because your inventory is full) they don't get counted, either. So the code can't distinguish between catching them in a river or ocean, and catching them in a storage coffer.
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they change that

Achievement hunter:

• Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    And put something like this
    Gathered by: Definitelywasted
    Fished by : DefinitelyHigh
    Etc (those are my character names lol)
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Storage Coffin (sorry I couldn't resist!)

lDf9QS9.png