The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can a ZOS level designer please convincingly furnish a large home with 700 slots ?

• Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    instead of increasing the item limits, id rather they make things easier to place and flow. So for instance the mat in earthtear that has a raised bit of ground beneath it - whenever i walk across it my feet disappear because it sits either on top of the raised bit which looks better, or the raised bit of ground sticks thru it and its actually on the ground. its a mat. it should be able to flow over whatever its placed on not levitate over the low bits.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a couple guildmates who have very nice manors at 700 slots and they don't feel empty or that things are missing. I know if they had more slots they would add more as they have sacrificed things to stay within the limit. I am not talking about clutter here either. One friend/guildmate originally had a platform with Molag Bal far up the waterfalls at Pariah's with a ramp winding up there - it was very nicely done - but he had to remove it to free up slots for things he wanted more in the house.

Personally, my challenge is I have a picture in my head of what I want something to look like and it bothers me when I can't get it that way due to item limits. My main house (Stay-Moist Mansion aka Mix's Magnificent Mudball) is the worst for this! I imagined it way back on the Update 13 PTS and 600 slots sounded like tonnes, but once I got Live and started building those slots started disappearing fast. Right now, I decorate by section and then leave the large items and remove the smaller ones to storage houses - maybe when i have done the whole house this way I can find a happy middle ground but I doubt it. Too many ideas for too few slots. Also, with new furniture coming out all the time it makes it awkward to have your main and favourite house at cap! My main house is the one my character lives in and I have "trophy" shelves where I like to put the smaller achievement furnishings and these will continue to come out as the game gets bigger and bigger and I won't have room:(

My other houses are all themed, many for guild competitions, and I really really try to keep the picture in my head aligned with the item cap. That being said my Ancient Nord Tomb could use more clutter and treasure, my Treehouse more ground foliage/underbrush, my Library (all Shalidor's, Sermons, Pelinal's books) can't fit the new clockwork books and could use some carpeting, and my Festive New Life feasting table could use a bit more food/drink.