Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error Code 201:7:1:1079:1007 Login Failed

Helsing
Helsing
I didn't have this problem in the beta, so what have changed?

Did someone else have the same kind of error code? And how did you fix it?

Thank you for answers!
Edited by Helsing on March 30, 2014 11:08AM
  • Helsing
    Helsing
    So there is no one else with this error code around?

I have sent an email now.
  • gregjhk
    gregjhk
    check your billing history in account section, you may only have 3 day early access instead of 5 day
  • Agaeme
    Agaeme
    I have that same error. And 200 also. I think it has to do with server connectivity.... I keep trying though.... If you have any news please write here.
  • Helsing
    Helsing
    On my account page it just says I have early access. In my billing history it says that I purchased Digital Imperial Edition. When I pre-purchased at ESO website it said 5 days under the information for pre-order.

This is what I bought:
    http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/preorder
  • Helsing
    Helsing
    Agaeme, thank you for letting me know that you have the same issue and you brought some information about what is causing this.

I will try later again, and I'll also update here if anything changes.
  • Steelhinge
    I also get Error 201. I am using the same name I sign into my account on the TESO website, but it is not working.
  • Helsing
    Helsing
    Steelhinge, I went ahead and sent an email to costumer support. Don't have an answer yet but when I do I'll post a comment here.
  • Helsing
    Helsing
    As promised I'm now back here with an answer and it helped me. Accordingly to customer support there is something blocking the response from the game servers. Firewalls and anti virus software could be cause of this. I don't recommend turning it off for anyone. What I did was to temporarily turn firewall and anti virus off. This let me pass through logging without getting error code 201.

Hope this help you as well. If you still receive the same error I suggest you contact customer support. They do great job and respond quickly even now.

Now, I'm off to play the game. Thank you guys at customer support, you are doing a great job and good luck to everyone else.
  • CrankyHorse
    Same Error Code 201. Turning off my Firewall did not get me passed the lock out. I believe it is a server setting as I had my son log in with my info from his PC and it worked just fine.
  • Trosski
    Trosski
    I am getting the same error. I made exceptions in Windows, and in my ESET Smart security Firewall. I have tried disabling all of the functions of both Windows Firewall and ESET(both Firewall, and AV), but still I receive the same error. I have submitted a Customer Support request. Still waiting on a response. I was told that the estimated wait is a little over an hour. that's not too long of a wait(I have waited days with other MMOs). I will post if anything helpful results from my open ticket.
  • Trosski
    Trosski
    ok, so I have gone back and forth with Customer support. They had me disable a bunch of crap, delete some game files, repair, and some other stuff too. My ticket is suppose to be elevated to tech support since there has yet to be any solution to this problem. I'll update when I here from the tech guys.
  • Trosski
    Trosski
    Okay! I figured it out
    If you go into you ESET GUI, and click on setup you will see four groups titled Computer, Network, Web and email, and Parental control.

At the Very bottom there will be a blue link titled enter advanced setup.
    Click on that.

Expand the Web and Email group, and then expand the protocol filtering group.

Click on the excluded programs option, and select all of the ESO programs from the list.

It fixed the problem for me. Hopefully it will help you too.