The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP ridiculous

MeinChurro
MeinChurro
✭✭✭
I am a constantly returning player, and whenever I attempt to dabble in PvP I'm just backhanded right out of it. (under 50 PvP) Absolutely ridiculous matchups. For one I can't do anything to anybody ever. They can kill me in seconds though. Damage abilities don't do anything at all ever. This is supposed to be under 50, I don't think anybody who actually plays under 50 pvp is truly under 50. I can see why no other actual noobies to PvP ever bother.

How do I even make it playable?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well; I would start by looking for build advice. You should tell everyone what skills and gear you are using. That would at least be a start in finding out why you're struggling.

After that; I can tell you I've done a lot of years of doing builds and testing them in PvE, then going into PvP and getting smoked, then back to the drawing board to rinse and repeat. Thats the wrong way to go. I've finally been slowly getting better by learning its OK to get wrecked and keep going back to get wrecked and adjusting by practicing the new build in PvP. PvE is almost useless outside of learning animation cancelling and knowing where your hotkeys are. Any rotation there is severely modified in a PvP environment. Just don't worry yourself with dieing.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as @technohic said, start with your build, ask questions...also to note, since you mentioned that you "dabbled" in it, if you are new to the PvP scene keep in mind that gear setups usually tend to be different between PvE and PvP ... what works for PvE will not necessarily work in PvP
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • MeinChurro
    MeinChurro
    ✭✭✭
    I mean I'm going in for lowbies and getting smacked down in like 2 seconds flat. Doesn't matter what im wearing or using, at best I can do like 2% damage. God forbid I play a healer and get killed in milliseconds instead. Battlegrounds in particular are literally unplayable. Unless on the off chance I am fighting some actual lowbies it then feels normal.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a long time but how I learned in the beginning was by equipping a lot of defense sets . I ran all impenetrable gear , heavy armor and chose sets based on whether I was magic or stamina build . I kept my health above 30k and did not max out resource attributes . Just till I got familiar with fighting . I think my first set was 5 piece thunderbug heavy on magicDK with Kags for more magic me Rez friends fast . No monster helm or shoulders yet then . Try equipping to five piece defense sets with one has resources till you get a little better . Wish you luck .
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MeinChurro wrote: »
    I mean I'm going in for lowbies and getting smacked down in like 2 seconds flat. Doesn't matter what im wearing or using, at best I can do like 2% damage. God forbid I play a healer and get killed in milliseconds instead. Battlegrounds in particular are literally unplayable. Unless on the off chance I am fighting some actual lowbies it then feels normal.

Yeah thats what happens. Many people have been playing the game for thousands of hours and the majority of that time has been spent pvping. You have a lot to learn and catch up on. You will die many times.

Steal a build, watch people play the class you are.
    Edited by Smmokkee on February 22, 2018 12:30AM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is an important point in your ESO life cycle you either stay mad and don’t improve or you can do some research, talk to some experienced players, and work on improving
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kyne has a lot of 'professional non-vets' who know what they are doing and how to do it well. Some of them will do nothing else but delete and re-roll characters to stay in Kyne. I know there are a lot of newer players who venture into PVP once or twice and either never come back, or don't come back for ages (like I did way back when).

You'll get a lot of "you learn more against better players" kind of comments but how do you learn if you can't survive 2 seconds in a fight?

I think it would be great of there was some way to have a genuine campaign for new players but I'm not sure how it could be done. Maybe something like sub level 50 and account been active for less than 30/60 days, or accounts with less than 'X' number of hours played.

People will always look for ways around anything they put in because easy targets are easy AP. My solution is to not care about dying, group up with friends and if a campaign is so one sided there is no fun to be had, leave and come back another day.
    Edited by disintegr8 on February 22, 2018 3:28AM
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started getting better at PVP when I got tanky (impenetrable plague doctor on a MagDK healer for me- maybe a crafted tank set like Whitestrakes would work better for below level 50?) AND started running with a group. Its pretty hard for players new to PVP or dabbling in PVP to be effective on their own, so I highly recommend finding a group to work with. There's safety and effectiveness in numbers while you are learning to PVP. Its really hard to learn anything when you are dying in 2 seconds, and getting tanky and running with a group let me survive love enough to learn the basics of PVP.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will always be twinks in lowbies in about any game. If they made Aliance rank account wide and capped on that, then at least people would have to buy a new account and can’t reuse gold lowbie gear sets.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    There will always be twinks in lowbies in about any game. If they made Aliance rank account wide and capped on that, then at least people would have to buy a new account and can’t reuse gold lowbie gear sets.

I think it'd be easier to make it the "Guaranteed Brand New to PVP Players" campaign then. Because the people who play constantly in the Below Level 50 campaign just reroll characters and the highest alliance rank they reach on a character before it outlevels the campaign can't be that high. There's no good way to enforce this or cap off the campaign that I can see, not when people can make new accounts easily or actual new players can use the same gear/builds as experienced players (probably to worse effect, sure, but still).
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MeinChurro wrote: »
    I am a constantly returning player, and whenever I attempt to dabble in PvP I'm just backhanded right out of it. (under 50 PvP) Absolutely ridiculous matchups. For one I can't do anything to anybody ever. They can kill me in seconds though. Damage abilities don't do anything at all ever. This is supposed to be under 50, I don't think anybody who actually plays under 50 pvp is truly under 50. I can see why no other actual noobies to PvP ever bother.

How do I even make it playable?

Its true, I know someone in Kyne that's actually 51 years old. Not truly under 50!

In all seriousness tho there are sub-50 griefers everywhere.
  • MeinChurro
    MeinChurro
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    True enough, I would do the same in SWTOR. Make alts specifically for lowbies, but never have I played something this bad for noobies. At least lowbies have a chance in other games, you literally can't do anything at all in this. Moreso battlgrounds, you can run with a group in the Cyrodill campaign and pretend you are doing something at least.

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that in under 50 there are a lot of players who know PvP and spec specifically to take advantage of scaling and people who don’t know how to play that Well. They’ll usually be in that sweet spot around level 39-49. Unless you’re naturally gifted at games, PvP isn’t something you dabble in. I think it takes a year or so to really understand it after playing at least a few different classes both mag and stam. At least if you learn on your own as has been my experience. If you have really good PvPers toguide you through you could proably get good in a few months.
  • MeinChurro
    MeinChurro
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Keep in mind that in under 50 there are a lot of players who know PvP and spec specifically to take advantage of scaling and people who don’t know how to play that Well. They’ll usually be in that sweet spot around level 39-49. Unless you’re naturally gifted at games, PvP isn’t something you dabble in. I think it takes a year or so to really understand it after playing at least a few different classes both mag and stam. At least if you learn on your own as has been my experience. If you have really good PvPers toguide you through you could proably get good in a few months.
    I have always been a PvX player. I'll play both PvP and PvE pretty much equally or one over the other. In SWTOR for example I was more of a PvPer, in WoW I prefer PvP. Not saying the PvP in those are perfect either. So while I am a PvX I usually lean towards PvP, but I have never played an mmorpg with PvP that is so DIFFICULT to get into. I actually enjoy it in this game, especially battlegrounds WHEN I can actually compete. If I don't die in like 2 seconds flat and can actually play I think it's really fun. That only ever happens like 1% of the time though. I suppose the only way to get into in this without getting frustrated is to be babied by some group. It's too bad I don't know anyone for that.

• jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    ^^ Same problem, I spent around a month an a half pve'ing learning the game as well as my class stuff, I decided to try a random BG and got wrecked the entire time, if I happened to see someone solo I had a slightly better experience but for the most part my mag sorc would get smashed shields and all. I'm thinking it was my build cuz I was only running my pve gear. I also tried playing a campaign which was a lil different as long as I stayed in the biggest group I could find and I, I would last a lil longer but not really enough to actually get any practice as too how to get better, at least we still get points/currency for getting wrecked, I'm thinking to spend time getting wrecked to get up enough points to but some gear from the pvp venders hoping that will help any in my situation.
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A good bit of advice is to find a mentor or at least someone who will duel you over and over for practice
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 24, 2018 12:27AM
  • Lloydmp
    Lloydmp
    ✭✭✭
    If you think Lowbie is rough you have not tried CP BG’s (Non CP now). Honestly just like everything else in life, you become good at it through repetition. You have 5 guild slots. Find a lowbie pvp guild and duel/group BG/Pvp.

Dabbling here and there will only frustrate and disappoint you.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impen, impen, impen

Even in no CP impen

You may even consider Transmutation or Impregnable

The biggest mistake PvP players of any caliber make is not enough critical damage resistance.

Then you kinda build from there. Ganker? Glass Cannon? Tanky Brawler?

With some impen and some defense you'll live long enough to be able to react
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kust bcz they are under level 50 doesnt mean they dont have 720 champion points. Easier way for people with alternate toons to get vigor quicker