Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No Sound after login

obnxsh
obnxsh
Hello,

I have an issue and I saw another person in a different category had this issue too.

I have sound on the login screen, however after logging in the sound doesn't work. Tried restarting client, rebooting pc etc.

• Nojj
    Nojj
    I am having the same problem. Sound at initial startup then nothing.
  • Razan
    Razan
    I have the same problem. restarted Client and rebooted PC, too.
  • CptGrunt
    CptGrunt
    also having same problem tried running the repair tool and restart relog all of it still no sound =(
  • HenryH3894
    This is not really a solution or proper fix, but should work temporarily if you are desperate for sound, nor can i assure that this will work for everyone.

Open up youtube or windows media player / itunes, play music then pause it, then run ESO again, thats how it worked for me as for now.
    Like I said, dont take my word for it, may not work for everyone.
    Henry.H - Evalkyre
    -
    "When Dark Clouds overshadow all Light... Look for the Silver Lining... Excelsior!"
  • Eaodengr
    Eaodengr
    HenryH3894 wrote: »
    This is not really a solution or proper fix, but should work temporarily if you are desperate for sound, nor can i assure that this will work for everyone.

Open up youtube or windows media player / itunes, play music then pause it, then run ESO again, thats how it worked for me as for now.

At first I thought you were gonna say to listen to Elder scrolls soundtrack through Youtube I must say :) I'll try that as soon as my repair download is complete.

• HenryH3894
    Aye I will be doing the same, im not having the sound issue as of the moment through my temporary fix. However I am unable to get pass the after-login loading screen... *sigh*
    Henry.H - Evalkyre
    -
    "When Dark Clouds overshadow all Light... Look for the Silver Lining... Excelsior!"
  • timbuck.3b16_ESO

Same issue here, though it was because I moved from US server and English language to UE server and french language....
    Will try the "fix" as soon as the repair tool finish his job.
    Edited by timbuck.3b16_ESO on March 30, 2014 12:28PM
    "Que le cul pèle à nos ennemis, et qu'ils aient les bras trop courts pour se gratter"
    Timbuck TheThird On arrival in front of Molag Bal,the first Loredas of Last Seed - 2E 582.
  • Razan
    Razan

Dont' work for me. But thanks for trying to give us a solution!
  • drungrin
    drungrin
    Soul Shriven
    +1 with this issue.
  • obnxsh
    obnxsh
    According to another thread on this issue, repair works.
  • HenryH3894
    Aye, best bet and safest route is to run "Repair" then "Check for updates". I just found out i was missing 10 GB of files... *facepalm*
    Henry.H - Evalkyre
    -
  • Evangel_Cottrell
    Aye, best bet and safest route is to run "Repair" then "Check for updates". I just found out i was missing 10 GB of files... *facepalm*

Noob question, but what do I need to do to "check for updates"?
    Is it i the same list that I ran the repair from.... that is not visible as I repair.
    You N'wah
  • HenryH3894
    Open up your ESO Client launcher, Underneath "Games" and "News" you will see a cog wheel icon with text saying "Game Options"... Press on it! :3

However, "Repair" or "Check for updates" will not appear if you have the game running already.
    Edited by HenryH3894 on March 30, 2014 12:45PM
    Henry.H - Evalkyre
    -
  • obnxsh
    obnxsh
    Check for updates won't be available while you are repairing.
  • Razan
    Razan
    I started the repair tool and unfortunatly 5.5 GB of data are missing. Meh. Have to wait 5 more hours. I will report if this fixes it.
    Edited by Razan on March 30, 2014 1:12PM
  • HenryH3894
    Hah! There we go! ^^
    Atleast thats only half of what I need to download.
    Henry.H - Evalkyre
    -
  • timbuck.3b16_ESO
    I ran the repair tool and and got sound now .
    "Que le cul pèle à nos ennemis, et qu'ils aient les bras trop courts pour se gratter"
    Timbuck TheThird On arrival in front of Molag Bal,the first Loredas of Last Seed - 2E 582.
  • obnxsh
    obnxsh
    Razan wrote: »
    I started the repair tool and unfortunatly 5.5 GB of data are missing. Meh. Have to wait 5 more hours. I will report if this fixes it.

Yeah I had 5GB of data missing also. I would suggest Bethesda update their client to detect missing game files.
  • HenryH3894
    obnxsh wrote: »

Yeah I had 5GB of data missing also. I would suggest Bethesda update their client to detect missing game files.

Pssst. Hate to do this... but it ain't Bethesda :3

Henry.H - Evalkyre
    -
  • Razan
    Razan

It is working. All hail Talos!
  • HenryH3894
    UPDATE

Aye, all 10GB downloaded now, now its time to head off into Tamriel! :3
    Folks, if you have this issue, just "Repair" and "Check for Update" and it should solve most of your problems. Cheers! :)
    Henry.H - Evalkyre
    -
  • obnxsh
    obnxsh
    obnxsh wrote: »

Pssst. Hate to do this... but it ain't Bethesda :3

Ehhh Bethesda are owned by Zenimax. It's all the same to me!
  • Fuj1ka
    Fuj1ka
    ✭✭
    Tried the music player quick-fix, didn't work for me. Have a feeling it was missing data, so running a checker.

Not surprised really, could be some things just didn't take because of everyone updating from Beta to Full Release. Was a big patch..
    [PC/NA] DC Nightblade
    Guilds:
    True Norwegian Black Metal