The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Containers (Chests/urns/crates) - Player or environment specific?

obnxsh
obnxsh
Hi all,

I was wondering, are containers specific to your character or are they zone/instance specific. For example, if you empty a chest is it then empty for everyone? or can other players open it still.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure (well, most) containers are instanced to you.

^Chest is not instanced to you.
    Edited by Inversus on March 30, 2014 11:52AM
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Containers like Urns and Crates are instanced so some will see it full and some will see it empty but all have a chance at it. Things like Chests should be zone specific (although it appears that some are different in Coldharbour.)
    If you like my thoughts, feed my addiction! Give me forum credit! :)
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Containers are instanced on you, chests are not.

That's why you'll have people running for the chests first, get in, get the loot and run to the next one while you are battling 'the bad guy'.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure containers are environment as well. But the Prison got all weird anyways...
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind.. it is changed.... Containers are per your character it looks like. I am looting stuff after people look and move on