Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bar rotation for Sorc

novice_stitcher
novice_stitcher
Soul Shriven
Hi. I am relatively new to the game and I cant seem to figure out a good 2bar rotation. at the moment i am lvl25 so i have a ways to go on getting all my skills. but right now i only use 1 bar. Im confused as to what kind of rotation i should use. also i am using the skill advisor as i level. the second choice i cant remember what it is called. the one under Sorc Initiate. should i change and use the Initiate. HELP!!!!!
  • novice_stitcher
    novice_stitcher
    Soul Shriven
    I forgot to mention I am a Breton Sorcerer sorry.
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May I suggest:

Bar 1: volatile familiar, clench, inner light, prey, aegis
    Ulti: Meteor

Bar 2: liquid lightning, blockade, volatile familiar, aegis, Ward
    Ulti: elemental rage

Roatation is LL, blockade, switch, volatile, deadric prey, heavy attack, clench, switch and repeat.
  • novice_stitcher
    novice_stitcher
    Soul Shriven
    my sorcerer does not have those skills. are you sure they are for a Breton Sorcerer if so where do i find them
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi. I am relatively new to the game and I cant seem to figure out a good 2bar rotation. at the moment i am lvl25 so i have a ways to go on getting all my skills. but right now i only use 1 bar. Im confused as to what kind of rotation i should use. also i am using the skill advisor as i level. the second choice i cant remember what it is called. the one under Sorc Initiate. should i change and use the Initiate. HELP!!!!!

OK, since your new and Level 25, I am going to tell you something you don't want to hear now, but will thank me for later. Don't worry so much about a rotation, instead, focus on leveling your skills and character. Come end game, your going to want to be flexible and deadly and the more skills you unlock, the better you will be at that. See the following:

While leveling you should be preparing your self for the future, not your build (as that will change). So:

1. While leveling, have one class skill from each class on your bars at all times. Classes level the slowest, so get them done now.
    2. Have at least one weapon skill on your bar at all times
    3. Have a flex or support skill you want to level at all times
    4. Once the skill gets to the Morph stage, then put another one on the bar to level that rather than take the morph.

Your not going to have the best DPS now, but you will have the most flexibility later. You can apply this to both bars equally or some other way, but this is the best method while leveling 1 to 50. Reason, the game handicaps you right now to make you stronger than you really are. So, take advantage of that. You don't need the optimal skill load out, you need the optimal leveling load out.

Also, try to wear at least one of each weight of armor to get all those lines leveled.

Once you get up to or near 50, you should have all the skills that matter at Morph stage, your armors at 50 and most important, your classes at 50. Then, you can optimize your build.

Now, there is a good reason for doing it this way. It forces you try out all the skills in your class and on your weapons. This will help you figure out a rotation and play style that works for you. Much better then copying a Streamer Build when you don't know why your doing what your doing.

Now, you did ask for a rotation, so I am going to give you a functional one, keeping in mind the strategy above.

1. Set up or Buff Skill (this boosts you or your next attack, Critical Surge is an example of this, or Inner Light)
    2. Damage over Time (something like Wall of Elements or Pool of Lightening)
    3. Spam Damage Attack
    4. Spam Damage Attack
    5. Shield or Health Recovery or Crowd Control

You can fill in the skills that meet this criteria from the skills in your class and weapon line.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ihazzit
    ihazzit
    ✭✭✭
    my sorcerer does not have those skills. are you sure they are for a Breton Sorcerer if so where do i find them

Inner Light and Meteor are from the Mage's Guild skill line. You need to join the Mage's Guild if you haven't yet and complete their quests and find a lot of lore books. You only need to slot/equip Inner Light.

Clench, Elemental Blockade, and Elemental Rage are from the Destruction Staff skill line. Clench is first started as Destructive Touch and then can be morphed into Destructive Clench. Blockade starts as Wall of Elements. Elemental Rage is the ultimate earned at level 50 first known as Elemental Storm.

Volatile Familiar is a sorc skill and starts as Unstable Familiar. Prey starts as Daedric Curse and can be morphed to Daedric Prey. Aegis starts as Bound Armor and can be morphed to Bound Aegis. Ward is Conjured Ward and can be morphed to Hardened or Conjured Ward.

Critical Surge, as Nestor stated, comes from Surge, also a sorc skill.

Remember, you must have your pet slotted on both bars or it will be unsummoned when you switch bars. You must also have Bound Aegis on both bars or it will deactivate when you switch.
    If you are angry about anything in this game you are only punishing yourself.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May I suggest:

Bar 1: volatile familiar, clench, inner light, prey, aegis
    Ulti: Meteor

Bar 2: liquid lightning, blockade, volatile familiar, aegis, Ward
    Ulti: elemental rage

Roatation is LL, blockade, switch, volatile, deadric prey, heavy attack, clench, switch and repeat.

Big fan of this basic build right here. A more detailed explanation of skills and a slightly better (IMO) version of the rotation can be found here. The number of people i have seen break 30k DPS on a dummy with this build for the first time is staggering. IMO there is not more simple or effective rotation to break into endgame.

https://tamrielfoundry.com/articles/the-charged-sorcerer-pve-dps-build/

All that said, at your level, dont expect too much yet. I think it is more important that you focus on leveling your character properly (all skill lines, armor lines, and destro/resto lines), and having fun.

A few basic tips on mag sorc:

First you are magic, so that is where your attributes go. Avoid any skill from DW, Sword and Board or the 2H line or any skill that costs stamina or mention weapon damage. A few points into health are okay at low levels.

Pets are hugely powerful, especially early on and a low level. Twilight matriarch is an amazing burst heal and passive damage, and the volatile familiar is amazing AOE damage. No reason you cant run both, just be sure to put them on both bars. The twilight only needs cast when you need a heal, and the familiar can be cast every 8 seconds. No benefits to casting it faster than that, which is true of most damage over time abilities.

While you might not use it in an end game trial, power surge is probably the best utility skill a sorc has in their arsenal. Just need to cast it once every 30 seconds and you will get a spell damage buff and a great heal as long as you are doing damage.

You have the best shield in the game, no matter what morph you take. A shield should basically always be on one of your bars. Shields are best when cast before taking damage than immediately after.

Dark Conversion/deal is an amazing skill. Again, maybe not terribly useful in a good group, but when solo or in PVP, this skill is an amazing way to turn your unused stamina into your magic.

Lighitng is your friend. Play to your strengths. Liquid lighting is a great ground AOE, and heavy attacks with a lighting staff will return magic, do single target damage, and do aoe damage (and return health if surge is up). The bread and butter to any sorc heavy attack build, is get 3-4 dots rolling and then use heavy attacks until things need reapplied. For a pet build, the 4 most important damage skills are Liquid lighting, Elemental Blockade (destro line), Volatile Familiar, and daedric prey. Simply casting those 4 skills followed by 2 heavy attacks and repeat will put you ahead of your average damage dealer, but of course, more complicate versions of that rotation can do more.

As a general rule, put longer duration skills on your back bar, and shorter/instant skills on your front bar.