Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's the point?

Mirelurk
Mirelurk
✭✭✭✭
Normal random dungeon queue.

https://imgur.com/LN8pjDM
Knights of Nirn | Daggerfall Covenant | PC | NA server

Swamplurk | V16 | Breton | Sorceror
Morass | V16 | Breton | Templar
Knightmire | V16 | Imperial | Dragonknight
Catagory | V9 | Khajit | Nightblade

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DPS queue?
    by-product of the popularity of the role

Tank or Healer queue?
    Could be a bug, try relogging then queuing
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Mirelurk
    Mirelurk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I just lied and said I was a tank. Popped straight away.
    Knights of Nirn | Daggerfall Covenant | PC | NA server

Swamplurk | V16 | Breton | Sorceror
    Morass | V16 | Breton | Templar
    Knightmire | V16 | Imperial | Dragonknight
    Catagory | V9 | Khajit | Nightblade

• Reaver-Stormhamre
    Reaver-Stormhamre
    ✭✭✭
    Mirelurk wrote: »

fake roles get blocked.

if you cant get a group as DD join a damned guild or try a new role DD's are everywhere
    Working as intended
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I felt a great disturbance in the community, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly triggered. I fear something terrible has happened.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

fake roles get blocked.

if you cant get a group as DD join a damned guild or try a new role DD's are everywhere

It's a normal OP que for healer tank not needed
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

fake roles get blocked.

oMJ28xM_700wa_0.gif
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    you need friends i normally do dungeons every evening on me templar and to date no more than 5 mins waiting for team , if you are no pc eu , add me .
  • WakeYourGhost
    WakeYourGhost
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bravo - You're a bit selfish and not great at playing well with others.

Option 1 for non-jerks :
    If your que takes more than 15 minutes, drop que and start again. Repeat several times.
    Option 2 for non-jerks :
    Make a tank/healer, have them back-bar DPS. Do your Roll when it's needed, otherwise just DPS. I mean, it's Normal, right? No big deal.

Just.. Ya know.. Stop being a jerk in case someone actually Needs that Support Class in the team.
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭

fake roles get blocked.

More often than not that's true, but I meet genuinely new low level people that do need both every now and then. Sure, you can solo most of the normal dungeons on non cp lv10-12 character (it's more about developing skill lines than anything else) in random gear, but some people just can't. Why would you ruin their fun? Get a guild, run 4xDD. Stick to your roles in DF.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tommalmm wrote: »

fake roles get blocked.

More often than not that's true, but I meet genuinely new low level people that do need both every now and then. Sure, you can solo most of the normal dungeons on non cp lv10-12 character (it's more about developing skill lines than anything else) in random gear, but some people just can't. Why would you ruin their fun? Get a guild, run 4xDD. Stick to your roles in DF.

No one needs a tank or a healer in normal dungeons if there's at least one semi-competent player in the group. I can carry three scrubs with any class, any role, and i'm not a very good player. The people whose fun is being ruined are dd's expected to wait in stupidly long queues. That said, I agree that guilds are the best way to approach group content.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Taself
    Taself
    ✭✭✭
    anytime I'm stuck in queue for an hour I restart the queue, more often than not it only takes a couple minutes then and that's for a dps
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    well you could allways have a new system and hire npc henchies , it be a gold sink zero waiting time and the henchies do as they are told , not as good as players .

what do you say mercs for hire , they did have this in gw1 , come to think of it soon you get players charging you for the run they kill everything while you sit and have a cuppa for a fee , droks run and a few missions players used to do this , lol i used to do this .

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes fake tanks and fake healers are bad, but fake dds are even worse because of their lack of skills group wipes and they blame always healer or tank. Sorry you were supposed to kill tha trash before they can actualy hurt the group.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    Ohtimbar wrote: »

fake roles get blocked.

No one needs a tank or a healer in normal dungeons if there's at least one semi-competent player in the group. I can carry three scrubs with any class, any role, and i'm not a very good player. The people whose fun is being ruined are dd's expected to wait in stupidly long queues. That said, I agree that guilds are the best way to approach group content.

You don't get me. If there was a tank and a healer, they wouldn't need anyone to carry them. It would take more time, sure, but that's how it works. Laying dead while the other guy solos the content is not exactly fun (I've done this a few times, but it was on vet hm with proper team composition and people failing mechanics constantly while not listening to advice - it was either to solo or to fail).

I've soloed most of vet dungeons, still, I either queue with a proper role (ok, I equip my DDs with 1HS or resto and change two or three skills, but I'm still performing my role WHILE doing 80% of DPS) or ask in guild (there is lfm/lfg random going on in my guilds every minute or so during prime hours).

Remember. At this point I'm doing randoms or pledges only for fun. I don't need the exp (why would I at 900cp?) nor the rewards (I've got all decent gear and few hundred keys if new monster sets come out).
    Edited by tommalmm on February 21, 2018 11:49AM
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

fake roles get blocked.

You don't get me. If there was a tank and a healer, they wouldn't need anyone to carry them. It would take more time, sure, but that's how it works. Laying dead while the other guy solos the content is not exactly fun (I've done this a few times, but it was on vet hm with proper team composition and people failing mechanics constantly while not listening to advice - it was either to solo or to fail).

I've soloed most of vet dungeons, still, I either queue with a proper role (ok, I equip my DDs with 1HS or resto and change two or three skills, but I'm still performing my role WHILE doing 80% of DPS) or ask in guild (there is lfm/lfg random going on in my guilds every minute or so during prime hours).

Remember. At this point I'm doing randoms or pledges only for fun. I don't need the exp (why would I at 900cp?) nor the rewards (I've got all decent gear and few hundred keys if new monster sets come out).

I'm in the same situation. I only pug for casual fun and have no meta goals left to achieve in the game at this point. I still think a competent dd should be able to lead a group through a normal dungeon without leaving everyone for dead and speeding to the finish (although that's perfectly valid). Guilds provide the best experiences, but I sometimes enjoy the chaos of playing with three randos. Spectacular failures are often more memorable than easy wins. In any case I always queue for speed and will continue to do so until a better alternative arises (never).
    forever stuck in combat
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

fake roles get blocked.

This post, then the people complaining no one learns how to play roles in normal before doing vet dungeons. Just saying.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to play the role 'fake carer'.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well aren't you entitled. Just roll a tank, then and don't play DPS.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

fake roles get blocked.

This post, then the people complaining no one learns how to play roles in normal before doing vet dungeons. Just saying.

Guilds. People should join them. Just saying.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You do know that the queue bugs out sometimes don't you? If it ever takes you longer than 15 minutes as DPS, cancel the queue, re-queue and profit.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I'm leveling a alt a DPS alt, I queue for tank all the time. I usually put inner fire on my back bar or something so that the other players don't complain about the agro.

Normal dungeons are brain dead easy anyway, I don't even know why there is a "role" option.

Some veterans dungeons can be a hardtime, so I never really pug them.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

fake roles get blocked.

Depend a bit on dungeon, bloodroot forge at least will not work without healer or tank with the quality of players you tend to find in normal dungeons. Yes you can do it if you can solo it and you pretty much will :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can solo or carry normal dungeons, why aren't you playing vet dungeons?
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You must be queuing in the middle of the night if your on PC NA. i get a dungeon in less than 20 minutes 90% of the time and under 5 minutes half the time as a DPS.

They could alleviate this by making dungeons 5 man, that way more DPS get sucked up out of queue each run.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Yes fake tanks and fake healers are bad, but fake dds are even worse because of their lack of skills group wipes and they blame always healer or tank. Sorry you were supposed to kill tha trash before they can actualy hurt the group.

Quoted for truth. I've learned now to simply drop groups with a "sorry, group DPS is too low, check out the forums for help with builds/rotations" if I'm on my tank and a trash pull takes more than 15 seconds to clear.
    If you can solo or carry normal dungeons, why aren't you playing vet dungeons?

I personally only run normals for the random daily bonus. I'd rather get a quick 10 min random normal out of the way than find myself stuck in vWGT or something (I've found that random normals tend to pop low level dungeons more often now since the changes that were made to level requirements). I leave the vet runs for pledges/jewellery farming.

• S'yn
    S'yn
    ✭✭✭
    I play a dps/healer. Alpha gear helps me change all my gear and skills with a single button press, so I can swap roles easy at the start of the dungeon (depending which role I get assigned). I am almost always on heals, but occasionally I do get to smite things.

I think people need to honest in their choice of roles, even on normal. It is irritating to see a "tank" in medium armor with dual wield, a bow, and no ability to taunt... Especially when they whine they got killed because they had too much aggro and blame the healer. If you have no champ points into defenses and are clearly dps, please que that way. Just like IRL, if you are hired for a job you can't perform, expect to be terminated, not carried.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say a lot of it has to do with the players themselves.

Tanks/healers may not want to queue if dps is going to run ahead and grab too many mobs/boss leaving the tank standing there and expect the healer to keep everyone at 90% or above.

If you were a tank/healer would you want to queue up to go into a mess like that ?

So now dps end up vastly outnumbering tanks/healers so what do they do to speed up their queue time..why pick a role they don't play.

And that only makes dungeon running with pugs even more worse then having a shortage of tanks/healers with a long queue.

Pugging random dungeons is a mess but it's a mess that the players brought upon themselves.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    S'yn wrote: »
    I play a dps/healer. Alpha gear helps me change all my gear and skills with a single button press, so I can swap roles easy at the start of the dungeon (depending which role I get assigned). I am almost always on heals, but occasionally I do get to smite things.

I think people need to honest in their choice of roles, even on normal. It is irritating to see a "tank" in medium armor with dual wield, a bow, and no ability to taunt... Especially when they whine they got killed because they had too much aggro and blame the healer. If you have no champ points into defenses and are clearly dps, please que that way. Just like IRL, if you are hired for a job you can't perform, expect to be terminated, not carried.

LOL..and if they queued up as tank they should be holding all the aggro !!

• daveqjr
    daveqjr
    ✭✭
    I finally got tired of waiting as a DD and built a tank. Now I have almost instant queues and actually enjoy it. And I love that I can queue for specific dungeons and it's just as fast. Helps with getting pledges out of the way.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Normal random dungeon queue.

https://imgur.com/LN8pjDM

whats the point???

haven't you realized yet that there is no point to anything???

jeezzz i knew that when i was 6