Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cook/Butcher/Crafter Costumes....Needed

Kevin_of_Devinshire
I do have some toons that are sole Master crafters for writs (to get Master-writs) and I would like to be able to throw on a crafter outfit since that's all they do. Can we get them, or get them back? I know they were around the week I started Nov 2014, but I didn't know about the crown store yet and only saw them once before they were gone.
Edited by Kevin_of_Devinshire on March 26, 2017 10:55AM
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a blacksmith costume ages ago, but that hasn't been seen since before the game launched on console. I think a small variety of crafter costumes would be a nice addition. I'd buy them, if the price was reasonable.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was also a chef costume back when there was a blacksmith costume...

I really have no idea why they would take staple costumes like that out of the store.. but they did.

I agree they need to be back, maybe a bit more different too... they were almost identical (except for hats)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Aah, yes. Before my time with the game, sadly :/

Thinking about it, some of the lootable clothing might pass for crafting or labouring wear. The smith and the cook clothing has a look that stands out more than, say, a woodworker or furniture maker might do. Still, i'm all for more choice. And of course, bringing back costumes that seem to have 'disappeared' from the Crown Store...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really have no idea why they would take staple costumes like that out of the store.. but they did.

I agree they need to be back, maybe a bit more different too... they were almost identical (except for hats)

Food for Crown Crates?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Food for Crown Crates?

This is, unfortunately, the most likely.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    menedhyn wrote: »
    Aah, yes. Before my time with the game, sadly :/

Thinking about it, some of the lootable clothing might pass for crafting or labouring wear. The smith and the cook clothing has a look that stands out more than, say, a woodworker or furniture maker might do. Still, i'm all for more choice. And of course, bringing back costumes that seem to have 'disappeared' from the Crown Store...
    How do you get lootable clothes except gloves and boots who i get a lot of.
    Have stolen them from houses, is it just an very rare drop compared to gloves / boots?
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems that shirts, trousers and dresses appear much less frequently than boots and gloves, based on my experience at least. I find the main clothing items in wardrobes, drawers, barrels and backpacks, usually in the main buildings of a town or city (e.g. the Mistral Treasury building or Vulkhel Guard Manor). Sometimes I can go a couple of weeks and find absolutely nothing, but persistence usually pays off.

You may already know about this site, but this should give you an idea of what you can find: eso.mmo-fashion.com/looted/

Looted clothing can be dyed, which is a huge bonus.
  • KitsuneShoujo
    KitsuneShoujo
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked the blacksmith outfit they had once, I'd love to have these things return.
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I remember them but never got them. Kicking myself for that now
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed, once upon a time we had:
    blacksmith_costume.jpg
    chefs_outfit.jpg
    ...but then they got discontinued. Sadly. Even though they were really simple, and prettty similar (Chef had the hat, smith had the gauntlets...) they were nice to have. Of course... we really would also need Carpenter and Tailor costumes... (Alchemist and Enchanter is kinda covered by diverse mages costumes)

Of course, they might someday show up in a crown crate. Highly likely, that. Because crown crates.
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Omg ZoS how about that Blacksmith costume Azura-damnit!
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see those costumes come back.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • kvlou79
    kvlou79
    ✭✭✭
    "Aproned Kilt and Trousers" + "Stitched Shirt and Vest" + "Stitched Long Gloves" + "Cuffed Boots". Looks pretty close to the old costumes. This is what my crafter wears anyway.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a concept for a character that travels to the most dangerous parts of Tamriel and beyond Nirn to acquire ingredients for the most exotic dishes, beverages.

it makes me feel better when I conquer some ridiculously challenging content, only to be rewarded with some useless RNG junk loot... Fortunately little did ZOS know I actually came for those extremely rare "Craglorn carrots" ;)

Can we get the cheff outfit back (was pulled before console launch I think)?

What's with ZOS sitting on all the goodies... smacks of mismanagement. There should be a holiday event in which every outfit ever is offered for at least a short period (with plenty of pre announcement).... call it the annual ZOS cashgrab day! :)

They get money, we get digital junk already created... win-win.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

This post is to let you know that we've felt it necessary to put this thread down, as it seemed to have died some time ago. At this time we'd like to try and keep Draugr threads from roaming around front page, pushing down newer and more lively threads. Please feel free to continue this discussion on a recent thread under the same subject, or create one if a recent one is not available.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.