Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Scalecaller Peak & Fang Lair Guide

Alcast
Alcast
Class Representative
Edited by Alcast on February 19, 2018 10:05PM
https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Added Fang Lair written and video guide to the list
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome guides, as usual. A couple minor discrepancies, though, unless something has changed.

Tiger can be taunted, but it won't prevent the fear/leap combo.

The Ice Pillars (the ones you hide behind) on the Ogres actually come from the ground pound the Melee does - part of the reason you want to kill both around the same time. Without the ranged, you have no ice spikes to save you from the Snow Tremor. Without the Melee boss, you'll have no Ice Pillar to stand behind during the ice comet.

The Orbs on Ironheart are also tauntable once they start to pursue someone, though it may be advisable not to.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on February 20, 2018 2:48PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome work!
    much appreciated!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

thank you @Alcast !!
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take notes Dev team
  • Nolic1
    Nolic1
    ✭✭✭
    Great Guides Alcast these will help many.
    Sherman from Sherman's Gaming

Youtube content creator that is dedicated to the Casual and Roleplay community for News, Lets Talks, Guides, Help and character builds.

Youtube channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome guides, as usual. A couple minor discrepancies, though, unless something has changed.

The Ice Pillars (the ones you hide behind) on the Ogres actually come from the ground pound the Melee does - part of the reason you want to kill both around the same time. Without the ranged, you have no ice spikes to save you from the Snow Tremor. Without the Melee boss, you'll have no Ice Pillar to stand behind during the ice comet.

The Orbs on Ironheart are also tauntable once they start to pursue someone, though it may be advisable not to.

Agree. I also wrote a strat where healer tanks bear near exit gate, and taunts cat and dps disable cat, tank handles just guar and dogs, from dog pad spawn area, thus if cat jumps at tank, then we can interrupt and resume taunt before tank dies and dps can just focus boss. So quick and easy mode.

I know I'm not Alcast xD - but give it a try! No special additional gear needed - and keeping dps in combat prayer range is so niice!
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

Agree. I also wrote a strat where healer tanks bear near exit gate, and taunts cat and dps disable cat, tank handles just guar and dogs, from dog pad spawn area, thus if cat jumps at tank, then we can interrupt and resume taunt before tank dies and dps can just focus boss. So quick and easy mode.

I know I'm not Alcast xD - but give it a try! No special additional gear needed - and keeping dps in combat prayer range is so niice!
    @Mureel , sweet. Sounds viable. I know the stare > 'splosion timing of the dire wolves is a tricky one. It's so counterintuitive that the biggest boss (bear) seems to hit the least hard.

Will give this method a try next time.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

@Mureel , sweet. Sounds viable. I know the stare > 'splosion timing of the dire wolves is a tricky one. It's so counterintuitive that the biggest boss (bear) seems to hit the least hard.

Will give this method a try next time.

How long does fight usually take you guys? For us, this method it's 2ish mins to sub 2 mins - longest ever this was was 2.5 mins but we had a new guy/low dps. Cat only wakes up 2x and usually 2nd time we are on burn boss phase so sometimes leave him loose depending on boss health.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Mureel sounds about right, depending on how much movement is involved. I think we typically get a couple pounces. Once you figure out the Dire Wolves are the key, it's generally not too bad.

Earn it.

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Mureel sounds about right, depending on how much movement is involved. I think we typically get a couple pounces. Once you figure out the Dire Wolves are the key, it's generally not too bad.

@Merlin13KAGL yep. And having the tank far off the dps group means cat will likely bounce to him and we actually have time to interrupt - as healer I slot cshock for this and just pop one off on cat then re-taunt cat, between keeping taunt on bear since he does nothing significant damage wise. Then the cat is again near us to be disabled in the cleave and also if he pops a third time, he'll likely pop to tank - so yeah.
    Edited by Mureel on March 1, 2018 3:08PM