The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

EU/US megaservers and campaigns

Algo
Algo
Soul Shriven
Hi,

Me and my friends are trying to understand if it will be possible to jump into US campaigns if we roll characters on the EU megaserver (and vice versa). Since some of us play at odd hours it would be important to know before we start so we don't create characters on the wrong time zone for the sake of better ping.

I don't have access to the game yet, so any player already in can give more info about it?
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU and US campaigns are seperate. EU characters are bound to the EU server, NA characters are bound to the NA server.

Choose your server before creating your character, there's no way to switch (yet.)
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, EU and NA are competely different systems. Nothing transfers between them. So make sure all you and your friends are on the same MegaServer.

Note, you can create new characters on both though, they just don't interact at all (even bank)
    If you like my thoughts, feed my addiction! Give me forum credit! :)
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. Your characters are locked to the server they were created on.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is possible that in the future we might see a character move feature in the store, but nothing has been said about it - who knows.

^Note that that would, obviously, cost money and so would not solve your problem,
    Edited by Inversus on March 30, 2014 11:51AM
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Algo
    Algo
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the clarifications, some articles we read weren't entirely clear about it