The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cold harbor house still 1 crown point?

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I honestly didn't think there was anyone out there gullible enough to buy that line. They announced it was "intended to be free" when the toothpaste was way, way out of the tube.
    And yet the brassilisk pet was free.
    And the nix-ox mount.
    But yeah ... I'm "gulllible" for believing them when they said it was intended to be free.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on February 13, 2018 8:52AM
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is unfair that the NA player got a free house while the EU player had an "unexpected" extended downtime.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    HorrorShow wrote: »
    No one got in trouble for getting those free Daedric Thrones. Why would getting the house for 1 crown be any different?
    Those daedric thrones were intended to be free. It wasn't a bug or an exploit. Big difference.

... Sure it was ;)
    Edited by Blacknight841 on February 13, 2018 9:28AM
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »
    But then your crowns will forever be an uneven number. I don't think I could live with that. :P

OMG your right I did not even think about that RIP game is over

Nah.. i am sure this will happen at least a few more times. Part of the "repackage, copy, paste, and repeat philosophy" they have for DLC and crown items.
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

You guys really messed up bad with yesterday's update, huh? So many bugs, exploits and issues to fix.

I think we need a "we're looking into this" comment here as well. Considering that some people bought a house that's not even for sale yet, for 1 Crown, while the EU server was given life support.

Considering your skyhigh prices on houses and everything related to it, those purchases need to be rolled back. Simply refund the people who bought it their 1 Crown. Or if you're feeling very generous, put the home for sale now for 1 Crown as a token of appreciation for all the bugs and issues and downtime you gave us yesterday.

This hits the nail on the head. Anything else that has been given for free, whether intended or not (here's looking at you, Daedric Thrones) was available for at least a few days. This was available for such a short period, and many people aren't waiting to log on as soon as maintenance ends. An official response would be really super about now.
    PC NA
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I just want them to stop making homes limited time to buy. Maybe we aren't good at making gold and it will take us months to get enough. Maybe we can't afford to buy crowns right now. So we have to miss out on some awesome houses? Come on! Really??? Ugh.
    Edited by Wildberryjack on February 13, 2018 4:55PM
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    It would make a good promotion to leave it one crown, inline with the daedric thrones. They could make a post asking for people's creative works.

Not sure why people are comparing the Daedric Thrones to the Cold Harbour 1 crown House issue.

Everything from luxury furnisher is ingame gold. Means nothing to ZoS. Giving them free to us - intended or a bug that they let go - was zip to them.

Houses are largely bought with crowns. Crowns = cold hard cash to ZoS. That IS a big deal.

Can't compare the two things.

It would make a great storage site for extra furnishings though lol.
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    DjinnRa wrote: »
    Honestly I just want them to stop making homes limited time to buy. Maybe we aren't good at making gold and it will take us months to get enough. Maybe we can't afford to buy crowns right now. So we have to miss out on some awesome houses? Come on! Really??? Ugh.

THIS I agree with. Unless its a small house that is pretty affordable like the Festival Coven house. But putting the huge ones up for a couple of days... its tough... people will literally go into debt to buy it that shouldn't - and yes, that is on them, but they don't need to be put in that position either.

ZoS will get their money for those houses and maybe more than they would making me 3 or 4 days only. People can plan for the expenditure. I'm all for it being a business and they are in it to make money but I think huge homes that are beautiful should just be part of the ongoing housing menu so people have more options to buy.

• wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are all 3 of the new houses going to be available to purchase after the 4th of April? I assume that since last Anniversary Jubilee was on the 4th of April 2017 that the next one will be same date this year. That is a long tease ...however, I'm not complaining just surprised

I'm not upset at Zos for the unfortunate bugs that occurred on Dragon Bones DLC launch date because to 'err is to be human' and they didn't do it deliberately. If anything I am in awe of the fact that they keep amazing me with phenomenal new content. Sure there is always going to be a tad of tweaking to do after a patch but that is to be expected.

So big deal, some exploitative peeps got a house for 1g....if things came that easily I wouldn't want them to be honest. In Zos' defence I have to conclude that ESO is still one of the best rpgmmo games to date and tbh I'm tired of hearing all the whining and blame....a little less pouting and a lot more respect is due.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was playing and saw a house for 1 crown, I'd buy it and I'd expect to keep it.

I think and feel that those whom got the house should keep it.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm whether the 1 Crown bought houses are still owned by the people who bought them?

And can ZOS confirm whether they intend to refund those purchases, or simply let it go and do nothing? The latter decision would be extremely daft, especially considering that while some people were buying large and unique houses with 1 Crown, the EU server was dead as a doornail.
  • Yieley
    Yieley
    Is it really an exploit? if a business makes the error and sets the wrong value on something and consumers benefited from it, the most that business can do is fix the error and mark the loss. No one changed any code or altered their game in anyway to benefit from it. In a perfect world people would be honorable to say, well this is obviously a mistake, and just not buy it/send a ticket in; but it's not a perfect world, zenimax screwed up and the players technically didn't do anything wrong but benefit from said screw up. They get to keep it and zenimax gets to hang their heads.

Anyone who thinks the house should be taken back or players banned is jealous AF!
    I'm on NAPS4, I wish I got one too but I'm reasonable to understand that zenimax can't keep it at one crown for the other players, that's stupid and unfair to the business itself. So what you didn't get it at the mistake price, just pay the real price to buy like you were planning to. Smh
    Edited by Yieley on February 19, 2018 3:37PM
    Join the NAPS4 Homestead Guild :
    Tamriel Homeowner Council
    THC
    no invite needed to join page and view pics, and you can also request a kind invite to Th© guild here!