Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Combat Metrics Bug Reports

• Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    erlewine wrote: »
    Strangely they do not appear for me. If I click in the correct spot it still functions as expected, though.

https://imgur.com/uHCkKQj.png

You should have 32 files in \AddOns\CombatMetrics\icons.
    Also can you please make sure the folder structure is correct?
    If it looks like "\AddOns\CombatMetrics\CombatMetrics\icons" it would be wrong, should look like above instead.

@Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    Solinur wrote: »
    Strangely they do not appear for me. If I click in the correct spot it still functions as expected, though.

https://imgur.com/uHCkKQj.png

You should have 32 files in \AddOns\CombatMetrics\icons.
    Also can you please make sure the folder structure is correct?
    If it looks like "\AddOns\CombatMetrics\CombatMetrics\icons" it would be wrong, should look like above instead.

It does have 32 items, yes.
    eisley the worst
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey ! Red Stat window works properly now :)

I still couldn't figure out how to keep my parses after relog :/ I just take screenshots for now ^^

Btw , Vengeance passive in Apprentice tree seems to affect Max Spell Critical value , making Max Spell Critical show 100% on fights . I know this is an intended mechanic but thought you might want to know in case you see it during some tests and wonder ^^
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if its a bug or something wrong on my end, but the UI is missing the previous fight/next fight etc. buttons. They are actually working(even give a tooltip), just not shown:

m7rj5t7ldxk2.png
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »
    Hey ! Red Stat window works properly now :)

I still couldn't figure out how to keep my parses after relog :/ I just take screenshots for now ^^

Btw , Vengeance passive in Apprentice tree seems to affect Max Spell Critical value , making Max Spell Critical show 100% on fights . I know this is an intended mechanic but thought you might want to know in case you see it during some tests and wonder ^^

Oh I know, I "fixed" this already. It actually adds 1000% crit :)
    I'll try to do one more test to see if I can somehow reproduce it with clean saved variables.
    Sharee wrote: »
    Not sure if its a bug or something wrong on my end, but the UI is missing the previous fight/next fight etc. buttons. They are actually working(even give a tooltip), just not shown:

m7rj5t7ldxk2.png

Thats certainly a bug, as well as the 139% buff uptimes. I'll try to have a look what happened there.
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Update 0.8.0.4
    • Added a fix that prevented creation of settings saved var when none existed yet.
    • Added a fix that prevented creation of fight data saved var when none existed yet.

I have reuploaded the file and changed some things that might fix the issue with saving fights.

Meanwhile I heard from other devs that some textures are sometimes not loaded.
    You can try to exit game and launcher and start again. (reloadui or just relogging won't do)

I'll be traveling now for one and a half weeks (visiting US :) ) so I won't be able to do much.
    But I'll check in from time to time.
    Edited by Solinur on February 13, 2018 11:17PM
    Addon Author
  • Vezuls
    Vezuls
    ✭✭✭
    Update 0.8.0.4
    • Added a fix that prevented creation of settings saved var when none existed yet.
    • Added a fix that prevented creation of fight data saved var when none existed yet.

I have reuploaded the file and changed some things that might fix the issue with saving fights.

Meanwhile I heard from other devs that some textures are sometimes not loaded.
    You can try to exit game and launcher and start again. (reloadui or just relogging won't do)

I'll be traveling now for one and a half weeks (visiting US :) ) so I won't be able to do much.
    But I'll check in from time to time.

Nice, so we should be able to saved fight data now? I have a raid in an hour so I'll let you know if it's fixed
  • Vezuls
    Vezuls
    ✭✭✭
    You can save parses. Just hit a dummy, saved a parse, logged out, and it's still there.
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    I fixed the disappearing icons issue by simulating what you were suggesting could be the problem. I created another folder named CombatMetrics within the CombatMetrics folder, and put them in an icons folder inside there.

"\AddOns\CombatMetrics\CombatMetrics\icons"
    eisley the worst
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I have to think about that and also why is still working for me with the other folder structure :open_mouth:
    Addon Author
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    so the nightblade passive hemorrhage is not show up on the stats sheet part of the addon,

magblade, ought to have 90% CHD, only shows 80%

u1O6Fas.jpg

stamblade, ought to have 79% and only shows 69%

Hi6FrSd.jpg

Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on February 14, 2018 10:47AM
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    My saved parses seem to disappear when relogging.
    eisley the worst
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    so the nightblade passive hemorrhage is not show up on the stats sheet part of the addon,

magblade, ought to have 90% CHD, only shows 80%

stamblade, ought to have 79% and only shows 69%

Something probably changed with the skill lines again. I'll check this.

Addon Author
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭

Have you tried the 0.8.0.4 version?
    Addon Author
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭

Have you tried the 0.8.0.4 version?

I was still using the prior version. Seems to work now, thanks!
    eisley the worst
  • wizzo45
    wizzo45
    ✭✭
    I keep getting the following error string when i log in:

user:/AddOns/CombatMetrics/CombatMetricsFightData/CombatMetricsFightData.lua:295: operator - is not supported for string - number
    stack traceback:
    user:/AddOns/CombatMetrics/CombatMetricsFightData/CombatMetricsFightData.lua:295: in function 'convertCombatLog'
    user:/AddOns/CombatMetrics/CombatMetricsFightData/CombatMetricsFightData.lua:495: in function 'saveFight'
    user:/AddOns/CombatMetrics/CombatMetrics.lua:1672: in function 'Initialize'
    user:/AddOns/CombatMetrics/CombatMetrics.lua:1724: in function '(anonymous)'

Addon doesn't track anything - the display area is present, but no values are returned.

Fresh install from the GitHub link.

any ideas what I might have broke?
    Nightblade DPS.
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe redownload from the direct link in the OP, as this should be current. I'll have a look at it during my flight. Once I'm back from my trip tomorrow, there'll be more time to work on the code. :)

Edit: seems like something went really wrong during data import of the stored fights. Doesn't really make sense to me. I'll add some debug code to get some insight, if this happens in the future. As a workaround you can move or delete your CombatMetrics.lua and CombatMetricsFightData.lua from the SavedVariables (not the AddOns!) folder. Youn won't have any old data available then.
    Edited by Solinur on February 22, 2018 2:55AM
    Addon Author
  • wizzo45
    wizzo45
    ✭✭
    Well, I don't know what the issue was, but I did a full reinstall (including addons), and it seems to be working now. Just appears that somewhere in 2.5 years I got a goofy line of code in the mix somewhere.
    Nightblade DPS.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably a dumb question. But my Combat Metrics still has the old display window and doesn't show penetration etc even though I've updated. Why have I not done?
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »
    Probably a dumb question. But my Combat Metrics still has the old display window and doesn't show penetration etc even though I've updated. Why have I not done?

Did you remove the old version?

Also if you are using Minion, it will update the beta version with the old version if you have auto updates turned on.
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    SirDopey wrote: »

Did you remove the old version?

Also if you are using Minion, it will update the beta version with the old version if you have auto updates turned on.

What he said. Also check that folder structure ended up being right
    Addon Author
  • Vezuls
    Vezuls
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason, CM isn't showing Line-breaker. It's showing roar of Alkosh, but not line-breaker, which is what shows the uptime of the Alkosh debuff..
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Vezuls wrote: »
    For some reason, CM isn't showing Line-breaker. It's showing roar of Alkosh, but not line-breaker, which is what shows the uptime of the Alkosh debuff..

This issue is most likely caused by LUI extended. Essentially LUI is renaming some abilities, in particular it renames Line-breaker to Roar of Alkosh. Since Combat Metrics uses those names to calculate the buff stats, Roar of Alkosh and Line-breaker get pooled into one ability. The author of LUI knows about this, but I don't know if this is something he will fix.
    Addon Author
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey ! Quick question that so many people wonder ^^ Line Breaker (debuff) and Roar of Alkosh (DoT) is basically the same thing but Roar of Alkosh always seems to be lower . Is there a proper reason for this or is it just bugged ?
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »
    Hey ! Quick question that so many people wonder ^^ Line Breaker (debuff) and Roar of Alkosh (DoT) is basically the same thing but Roar of Alkosh always seems to be lower . Is there a proper reason for this or is it just bugged ?

Edit: Misread your question
    I don't really know, but I guess these are two independent effects. I'd guess one is the debuff and one is the dot. maybe the start and end tmies are slightly different?

Edit2: just checking uesp, it seems Roar of Alkosh has a 9 second duration (I guess initial hit and then a separate debuff/dot for 9 seconds) while Line-Breaker has a 10 second duration, so it should be 10% longer if the alkosh procs are not consecutive.
    Edited by Solinur on March 6, 2018 4:09PM
    Addon Author
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Update 0.8.0.5
    • added options button to report window sidebar
    • added option to toggle ids to options button on sidebar
    • added font scaling for live report window
    • changed scaling function for textsize of statpanels
    • changed texture for side bar option button
    • shrunk left panel by 36 px and added it to buff/resource panel
    • Fixed shown value of infused Crusher
    • Fixed error when changing Crusher values in settings
    • Fixed Haemorrhage detection

Also I was making this: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1933-PenTest.html
    Edited by Solinur on March 6, 2018 10:21PM
    Addon Author
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    Vezuls wrote: »

I'll fix this in next LUI update. Unintentional change on my part considering the differences in duration and the importance of tracking uptime for this debuff.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is great ily xoxoxo ;-)
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Solinur

When will you put it on Minion?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Solinur

When will you put it on Minion?

I want to give it a final test today in my raid. If everything is fine I'll put it on minion after that.

Edit: It's released now, feel free to leave comments or suggestions here though.
    Edited by Solinur on March 13, 2018 12:22AM
    Addon Author