The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Help with Sorc DD (pet) rotation? Want to hit 40k+

WhoSlappedThePie
WhoSlappedThePie
✭✭✭
Hi, I use the following:

3x moondancer jewellery
1x front bar moondancer infused lightning staff
1x back bar maelstrom lightning staff
5x julianos (or 5x necro if it is better)
2x ilambris

Can you help with a rotation? Most videos i'm watching now involve the Asylum staff which I don't use and are around 40-44k DPS. I want to hit 40k but unsure of how the rotation would change without asylum?

Is it possible to hit this providing I master the rotation with this setup?

Skills I use are blockade, liquid lightning, daedric prey, volatile familiar, force pulse, inner light/bound aegis (not sure what is better to double-bar?).. pretty standard
"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
Magsorc Breton
Magblade Darkelf
Stam DK Redguard
Healer Templar High Elf
Tank DK Argonian
Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    You need the Lover Mundus and the second pet (will do overall more dmg). Also get the max Magicka buff food. Only increases max magicka but more than the normal HP/Mag food

7c83dd84f02286f246bd7d2ba1b9ebf7.png

The rotation here is general, not tailored for dummy, so make sure to activate the two pets BEFORE you engange with the dummy.

if you google/youtube you will find some ppl with parses 40k+ in clockwork with petbuild. Maybe those will help you as well
    Edited by Alcast on February 3, 2018 11:04AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the response here mate. I hit 37k with one pet and a slightly different skill setup. Just gotta keep practicing I think.

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK "necroacuity" is the best for pet sorc. A lot of good info in this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/383454/pve-pet-magsorc-necroacuity-build/p1
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    *update* Managed to hit 40.5k on this build, gear but a slightly different rotation. Upwards of 40K, I'm happy :)

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *update* Managed to hit 40.5k on this build, gear but a slightly different rotation. Upwards of 40K, I'm happy :)

I'm curious, what buffs where provided for you or were you truly solo?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭

I'm curious, what buffs where provided for you or were you truly solo?

Elemental drain

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

• Surreal88
    Surreal88
    Runefang wrote: »

@Oreyn_Bearclaw @Runefang I've seen that particular build recommended by you guys before. I only have one question about it. I've always seen CP points allocated into Master-At-Arms instead of Staff Expert. Are you guys putting them into Staff Expert as well?
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Surreal88 wrote: »

@Oreyn_Bearclaw @Runefang I've seen that particular build recommended by you guys before. I only have one question about it. I've always seen CP points allocated into Master-At-Arms instead of Staff Expert. Are you guys putting them into Staff Expert as well?

I put points into staff expert, there isn't a lot of skills in that build that would benefit from master at arms.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surreal88 wrote: »

If you are committing to a full heavy attack build, then yes, I would put points into Staff Expert. If you are looking for more of a hybrid spec, it's more of a judgement call.