Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1500 crowns per outfit slot (1 slot) just under $1200 for every slot

• Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not much at all. When you think about how much race/name change tokens cost - I don't think it's much at all. The price was expected. And iirc we get 2 for free - don't get the issue.

It's a fair price imo.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    duendology wrote: »
    I am not surprised AT ALL. It's exactly what I estimated.

I am surprised that some of you are surprised. Look how much costs a stupid name change. ugh :(

Name change i can kinda understand. I'd also understand if they charged an insane amount for a complete account name change a la Microsoft as it stops people from trolling and then hiding every couple or so days.

This, though ...
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if it is account-wide - with 15 characters that is just 100 per character - I guess they though about this with it. Of course it is rather expensive for those, who prefer to play just one character and maybe have another one as a backup.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, I was expecting it to cost more. Pleasantly surprised. Will probably pick up 2 of them as long as they are account wide. And maybe more in the future. Happy days :)

EDIT: OUTFIT SLOTS ARE NOT ACCOUNT WIDE. WILL NOT BE PURCHASING A SINGLE ONE.
    Edited by Voxicity on February 12, 2018 7:47PM
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    You get one free slot for EVERY CHARACTER. Why would you want to buy more?

While I personally won’t. Like so many I just want to hide these crap monster shoulders. But Some might. The rp crowd seems to get into them a lot. But really it is personal choice. I suppose it is like asking someone who really enjoys the combat here, you have one bar for a weapon, why do you need 2!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why? Maybe because I have 50 motifs collected, and I would like to use many of them from time to time, for the various seasons and holidays and activities I participate in. Which I can do with 1 slot, for about 30k a pop for motif changing and dyeing.

So ZOS is pretty much giving me the choice of forking over 30k every time I want to try out a new look, or pay them the equivalent of 2 complete new triple A games for the "freedom" if being able to cycle through 8 outfits without a gold cost.

Do you see it now?
  • CountEdmondDantes
    CountEdmondDantes
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit I'm really annoyed. The costumes are account wide but you're only given one for free. Fine. But I was under the impression you'd be able to buy more slots or whatever with in-game gold. I've actually been saving gold to make this happen.

Fortunately, my daughter has a character who knows all the motifs. I guess I'll just keep doing what I was doing: having her make armor for me.

I am not going to pay that much money for costume slots.

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »
    Meh, I was expecting it to cost more. Pleasantly surprised. Will probably pick up 2 of them as long as they are account wide. And maybe more in the future. Happy days :)

Is it confirmed they are account wide?
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    good thing we get 1 for free at least.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The same way you like to have several sets of clothing in your closet.
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    The price is the price is the price. It's whatever.

It's the shady bait-and-switch type stuff that pisses me off. The people responsible for setting prices in this game act like we are all morons. It's just insulting.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Btw, I am on EU and cannot find out myself currently - what does an outfit change token cost on the crown store?

The token is 400 crowns.

Because not everyone plays for the same reasons... I have characters that need 2 or 3 outfits slots for RP for example.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Nifty2g
      Nifty2g
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Carbonised wrote: »

Why? Maybe because I have 50 motifs collected, and I would like to use many of them from time to time, for the various seasons and holidays and activities I participate in. Which I can do with 1 slot, for about 30k a pop for motif changing and dyeing.

So ZOS is pretty much giving me the choice of forking over 30k every time I want to try out a new look, or pay them the equivalent of 2 complete new triple A games for the "freedom" if being able to cycle through 8 outfits without a gold cost.

Do you see it now?
      @Carbonised If you are using them for seasons and holidays, wouldnt you be saving real money by just using your in game money and changing it for the holiday?
      #MOREORBS
    • duendology
      duendology
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Because, as I am guessing, outfit system essentially works as your personal costume designer system..and some people would want to have a few rather than keep editing one on and on and on (and paying gold every time doing so?).
      PC/NA
      - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
      - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
      - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
      And..
      - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
    • Alcast
      Alcast
      Class Representative
      People are never happy lmao. ZOS could have given you none for free. Now you get 1 for free on any character and still complain :trollface:
      https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
      https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
      https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Grabmoore
      Grabmoore
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you see it now?

Yeah, you are lazy and cheap ;)

Being able to craft every motive, but can't afford 30k for restyle.... Stop whining about peanuts.
      EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
      Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
      Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
      Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
      GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
    • duendology
      duendology
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      People are never happy lmao. ZOS could have given you none for free. Now you get 1 for free on any character and still complain :trollface:

That's not how the market works. lol In order to raise an appetite you need at least a small bite..if you know what I mean. ;)

But I do agree.
      PC/NA
      - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
      - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
      And..

• Carbonised
      Carbonised
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Nifty2g wrote: »

Do you see it now?
      @Carbonised If you are using them for seasons and holidays, wouldnt you be saving real money by just using your in game money and changing it for the holiday?

That's still 40k for changing around from one outfit to another, and back again. Some people may think that's not a lot of gold, but I can definitely find something else to use 40k on. Plus those were just examples. Waht about a DDing outfit when I go as a DD, a Tank outfit for tanking, one for pvp, etc etc etc.

The question here is why do some people think it's perfectly ok for ZOS to monetize the heck out of something that should have been a base game feature from day 1, and which already requires you to collect motifs.
    • Cinbri
      Cinbri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Can anyone from NA confirm that tabards still hide custom outfit chests?
    • Carbonised
      Carbonised
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

You know what, people like you are the reason why this industry thinks it's ok to fleece its customers with outrageous prices through "micro"-transactions that have nothing "micro" in them.

It's fine, I get it, you have no interest in the system and don't care how much it costs because you most likely won't use it beyond the free slot you already have.

But at least it would be a nice gesture if you could appreciate that other people have other needs than you and play the game differently than you, and that once again, the "RP crowd" or whatever you choose to call it, are the ones ending up paying the majority of the costs that keep this game running so you can continue to make your build and gear videos.
    • AyeshaBelladonna
      AyeshaBelladonna
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      350 on PTS? where were you getting that number? all crown store items were 1 crown per thing. i did 30+ of them between toons LOL.they don't release crown store pricing on anything before it goes live. And even items (like in crown furnishing tab) that had costs attached, you can't count on those being final price. you are getting a Re-doable Costume slot you can fully customize. all the cooler costumes have always cost 1000 crowns each so i don't know what you were expecting for customizable ones.
      NA EP CP1200+
      Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
      Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
      Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
      Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
    • agegarton
      agegarton
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Personally I think that’s a bit steep for a feature like this.
    • duendology
      duendology
      ✭✭✭✭✭

You know what, people like you are the reason why this industry thinks it's ok to fleece its customers with outrageous prices through "micro"-transactions that have nothing "micro" in them.

It's fine, I get it, you have no interest in the system and don't care how much it costs because you most likely won't use it beyond the free slot you already have.

But at least it would be a nice gesture if you could appreciate that other people have other needs than you and play the game differently than you, and that once again, the "RP crowd" or whatever you choose to call it, are the ones ending up paying the majority of the costs that keep this game running so you can continue to make your build and gear videos.

DID you seriously expect a low price for the extra outfit slot from the company that charges how much for a stupid name change? o_0

PC/NA
      And..

• Carbonised
      Carbonised
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      duendology wrote: »

DID you seriously expect a low price for the extra outfit slot from the company that charges how much for a stupid name change? o_0

First of all, those aren't comparable. I sincerely doubt you will change your name on a montly basis. Outfits, in the ideal world, could have been changed several times daily or weekly.

And secondly, no, I did not expect any different, which you will see by my first post in this thread. It is hardly surprising. But that does not mean it doesn't deserve being pointed out for the greedy scheme that it is. The more people who just shrug their shoulders and accept, the more the industry will just continue down this shady business avenue.
    • HatchetHaro
      HatchetHaro
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Wing wrote: »
      Muttsmutt wrote: »
      the slot also only applies to one character right?
      if it is 1500 then it should apply to all characters. otherwise, hell no bye.

iirc it is account wide

It's not. It only applies to the character you're on when you bought it.

It's stupid. Completely stupid. At that functionality, it's worth 500 crowns, tops.

Now if it applies to all characters instead, I'd gladly pay 2000 crowns for it.
      Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
    • LadyAstrum
      LadyAstrum
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Doesn't surprise me.
      ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
    • LadyAstrum
      LadyAstrum
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it's boring to only have one outfit.
      ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
    • Kendaric
      Kendaric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

I wouldn't complain if the slots were accountwide, but they aren't (or at least they weren't on PTS).

A price between 500 and 750 crowns would have been reasonable for a "per character" slot, 1500 crowns is just plain greedy.
        PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      • Nemesis7884
        Nemesis7884
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you see it now?

why 30k? 7 outfit + 4 weapons = 11 slots at max... so is one "high end" motif change = around 3k? i though it was toned down to like 1k or something?

Stupid question - i assume the outfit is tied to your outfit slot and not any specific gear you're wearing so even when i change gear the outfit will remain?
      • CountEdmondDantes
        CountEdmondDantes
        ✭✭✭✭

Fair enough, Alcast. But it doesn't appear to be working that way for my family.

Assume you have a one account with four characters. Like everyone else in the game, you've focused one of those four characters to be your crafting character. This character has leveled up in crafting, knows all the motifs, etc. This is the character you would use to make your outfits, correct?

When you take this character to the new outfit station, it appears that they can ONLY create one costume without buying more. So where's the other three costumes for each character?

Maybe we're doing something wrong, but it appears that each character has to create their own costume - which means spending a lot of gold buying motifs after spending years farming for them and giving them to your crafting character. To be clear: the crafting character can only create one "free" costume for themselves. That's what it looks like to us.

Tell me I'm wrong because I want to be wrong here. If I'm right, then your words are hollow because every efficient person in the game has focused on one crafting character. And yes, we've already been in the game this morning. I have it open right now.

Again: I want to be wrong. Tell me I'm wrong and there's a way for crafting characters to create outfits for other characters. I'll admit, I'm hesitant to create my only costume just to test this.

Edit: If there's a way to do this - for a fully level crafting character that knows ever motif in the game to create costumes for all four characters, then I will agree with you and say one free outfit for each character is good enough. But until then, meh.

Edited by CountEdmondDantes on February 12, 2018 3:42PM