Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1500 crowns per outfit slot (1 slot) just under $1200 for every slot

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
so over 13k crowns for all 9

or $100 at the most efficient crown bundle

fyi it was like 350 per slot on the test server

or more expensive then over 2 chapters (so do you want 2 eso chapters or 9 cosmetic slots?)

seems a little bit insane.

btw slots are per character as confirmed in this thread so its actually $100 PER CHARACTER

so 12 characters total x 13,500 crowns per character plus 1500 crowns for the 4 character slots above base 8 in the first place (6k crowns total) is a grand total of. . .

one hundred and sixty eight thousand crowns 168,000

at the most efficient crown bundle (21,000 crowns for $149.99) that's just under $1200 before tax

Edited by Wing on February 13, 2018 9:09AM
ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is NOT accountwide.
    Muttsmutt wrote: »
    Wing wrote: »
    the slot also only applies to one character right?
    if it is 1500 then it should apply to all characters. otherwise, hell no bye.

iirc it is account wide

oh okay that's fine
    1500 is Fine for account wide
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    For all of you who think it's account wide slot - IT'S NOT.

UKfxMx1.png
    Edited by Muttsmutt on February 12, 2018 7:05PM
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow thats crazy
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This makes me giggle for some reason.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

iirc it is account wide
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extremely overpriced cash milking scheme. I mean, who didn't already see that coming?

Thanks for the info I guess, since we poor EU peasants are still stuck in limbo for another day.

Time to seriously consider whether this game is worth pumping money into *shrug*
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed but not surprised. I can't imagine myself needing more than 1 slot per character luckily. Some won't even need the 1 slot as they wear costumes anyways.
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And don't forget the gold you've earned the right to spend any time you want to adjust that outfit!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More expensive than I thought.

Also realized i would need to buy the banker to use the chests efficiently.
    Look like I will finally get an use for my 10k crowns
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its crazy right ? The People ask for a MUST HAVE feature and expect it to be free ? NOPE they give us what we want BUT here's the catch

You need to pay
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sticking to costumes then..
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBH I don't see a use for more than 2 slots, so I'm cool with 1500.

I can imagine more fashionable individuals being frustrated, though.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even account wide it's a travesty :D

Mundus Stones Mk2
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is it per char or account wide?
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its crazy right ? The People ask for a MUST HAVE feature and expect it to be free ? NOPE they give us what we want BUT here's the catch

You need to pay

The kicker is, they didn't even give us what we asked for. We wanted to change the style on individual pieces of gear. They gave us build-a-costume.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can freely edit your existing outfit slot over and over.
    I said it once before, but you really only need that 1 default slot. Make an outfit that you like, wear it to death and edit it if it begins to bore you. I don't see any use for more outfit slots, unless you are very lazy.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol everyone should have seen this coming. Oh well. I've lived without outfits for this long. I really don't need them now.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being able to dye your hair is already 1000 Crowns, so I don't see why people would expect less for this.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the gold cost per every tiny change (including a dye) to the cash farming with outfit slots, this whole enterprise is already starting to turn extremely sour before it has even begun.

I will stick to my original idea and make a single outfit I like and never change it. Here's a middle finger to you, Zenimax.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the fact that they make things cheaper and then raise them when they go live. It is almost like they want to save all the rage until it hits live.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on February 12, 2018 8:23PM
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Being able to dye your hair is already 1000 Crowns, so I don't see why people would expect less for this.

@Faulgor

We have hair dye packs?
  • leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some hard info on whether this is per character, or account, would be much appreciated. Thanks.
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

iirc it is account wide

oh okay that's fine
    1500 is Fine for account wide

[but arguably bad business for them. better to sell more at a lower price, i'm 100% certain they'd make more profit if they were 850 crowns. if they were 850, i'd buy one, then maybe two, and three, and oh there go my crowns. with the 1500 price tag i'm not even thinking about it.
    their marketing whatever dude is not good. hire me instead ZOS i can do quick maths and have 2 peanuts in my brain to figure out what's a bad idea.]
    Edited by Muttsmutt on February 12, 2018 3:03PM
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game allows 8 character slots for free, 1500 crowns per slot above 8
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that price is a little high don't you think? I'm not saying it should be free, but it should for sure not be that high unless it is account wide. I haven't logged in myself yet so I'm not sure if it specifies if it's per character or per account.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Given that that only gives you one slot for one character that is very over-priced.
    Yet another new system addition that i will engage with in a limited way due to poor value for money.
    This is disappointing :(
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Given that that only gives you one slot for one character that is very over-priced.
    Yet another new system addition that i will engage with in a limited way due to poor value for money.
    This is disappointing :(

Is it by char or by account? I read both so far
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not surprised AT ALL. It's exactly what I estimated.

I am surprised that some of you are surprised. Look how much costs a stupid name change. ugh :(
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw, I am on EU and cannot find out myself currently - what does an outfit change token cost on the crown store?
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    You get one free slot for EVERY CHARACTER. Why would you want to buy more?
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of my characters wear costumes anyway so guess I won't be needing this system after all. With that price tag, I'll pass.
    Edited by Katahdin on February 12, 2018 3:08PM
    Beta tester November 2013