The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Help me with mDK PVP for Dragon Bones.

Knowledge
Knowledge
✭✭✭✭✭
I've mostly been a PVE player and I'd like to get involved in PVP. Nothing seems more fun to me than some of the Magicka DK PVP tank videos I've witnessed. However, I am at a complete loss as to where to begin. I like the idea of being a juggernaut using flame magic and surviving in 1vX situations.

What would be a good set of gear to run for this? I see so many suggestions online but nothing that addresses the Dragon Bones changes for the most part. What about other mDKs? What do you run and plan to run in the DLC for PVP?

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sets that turn you into a Magblade or magsorc
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Might cheese it up with caluurion. Since it's not a targeted set the 1s cooldown and the small telegraph probably won't matter.

Running valkyn innate and bloodthorn personally though.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1vX? You might want a magsorc for that. Best pugstomper class, hands down.
  • Vosital
    Vosital
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight Boned
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1vX? You might want a magsorc for that. Best pugstomper class, hands down.

Only if he has a time machine...
    Knowledge wrote: »
    I've mostly been a PVE player and I'd like to get involved in PVP. Nothing seems more fun to me than some of the Magicka DK PVP tank videos I've witnessed. However, I am at a complete loss as to where to begin. I like the idea of being a juggernaut using flame magic and surviving in 1vX situations.

What would be a good set of gear to run for this? I see so many suggestions online but nothing that addresses the Dragon Bones changes for the most part. What about other mDKs? What do you run and plan to run in the DLC for PVP?

Any help would be appreciated.

If you want to 1vX and you’re new to PvP, please understand that you’re going to be the X, not the 1, for a long time as you learn the game.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Tarrocan
    Tarrocan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knowledge wrote: »
    Nothing seems more fun to me than some of the Magicka DK PVP tank videos I've witnessed. However, I am at a complete loss as to where to begin. I like the idea of being a juggernaut using flame magic and surviving in 1vX situations.

LOL
    AD MagDK 'General Degree <-Main
    AD MagDK 'Kiana
    AD MagDK Kiana The Fire Mage
    AD MagDK General Degree
    AD MagDK 'Tarrocan
    AD StamDK Tarrocan
    AD MagNB GrimKiller
    AD MagCro Som Ting Wong
    AD StamCro 'Som Ting Wong
    AD MagPlar Della Grant
    AD StamPlar R I M M A
    AD MagSorc Nautilus
    AD StamSorc R O M M I
    AD StamNB Iba
    AD MagDen Desi Roots
    AD StamDen Diablo
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 ShackleBreaker + 5 Sun + 2 Skoria. Tht shd get you started for mDK PVP.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck what you need.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    5 ShackleBreaker + 5 Sun + 2 Skoria. Tht shd get you started for mDK PVP.

I would say get bsw instead of skoriasun, since sun doesnt give you nice heals.

Edited for typo error.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 12, 2018 10:23AM
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only role a magic dk could fill after what they did to them is serve as a mule.
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like your enthusiasm. Since you are new to PvP I would suggest to not looked towards what others are doing in videos as what may be possible for you at this point. Start small, PvP is a completely different animal compared to PvE and there is a learning curve. I would suggest to not look and being a tanky magDK right of the bat but make that a goal knowing that you will more than likely switch your gear and skills around more than a few times during your progression. I am not one to advise on gear but if you do look at videos and web sites that have builds you may not have the gear required. Here is were the grind starts for gear unless you have lots of gold and run dungeons on a regular basses.

In the long run for me it is/was all worth it. I enjoy PvP quite a bit and I think you will too.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+