Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Seventh legion

• TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    So it’s fine to be at resistance caps while still having the damage and the sustain to actually kill someone? Heavy Armour should never ever have any damage at all, and the same goes for S&B. Probably the latter is the real culprit here, but they should really make another effort to pronounce the advantages of Armour Lines more. You shouldn’t be able to have the best of all worlds.
    Yes, but with 1 major resistance buff you’re pretty close, and most have these.

Lol.

5pc heavy puts you at about 21k resistances, with major resistance buffs up.

Have you ever actually equipped a set of heavy armor and playtested it? Or is all this just conjecture?
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭
    Gothrock wrote: »

Heavy Armour should never ever have any damage at all, and the same goes for S&B. Probably the latter is the real culprit here, but they should really make another effort to pronounce the advantages of Armour Lines more. You shouldn’t be able to have the best of all worlds.

Well, then light armor should lose its shields, which scale from damage stat. You are damage dealer in light armor, so you should die without pocket healer, instead of spamming shields and tanking people.
    Is it ok for you?

I do die without a pocket healer. I run with a 6.7k Shield in noCP and no, I’m not tanking people.

Maybe then you should make a decent build like some sorcs have, instead of whining on forum?

Yes, maybe I should lean on all the cheese and the crutches the game has to offer to be considered an awesome player like so many others aspire to be. I’d rather have fun though without constantly chasing the latest exploits that allow players staying “l33t”.

You can just stop asking the nerf to things you clearly do not understand.
    Heavy armor by itself gives you around 6k resistances, which equals 9.5-10% reduced damage. And that's all. In addition heavy armor has worse passives than light: less sustain, less damage. The only reason it is still viable - good sets.

In case good heavy damage sets will be nerfed (killed), we can expect two options:
    1. medium armor will be improved, so we will see a lot of godlike stamNBs and a lot of other stamina users roll dodging everywhere
    2. medium armor will not be improved, so we will see stamNBs and TON of magicka users everywhere.

Nice suggestions.

Also resistance is the worst defense mechanism in comparing to shields, roll dodge and blocking.
    Edited by Gothrock on February 6, 2018 11:19AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heavy Armour should never ever have any damage at all, and the same goes for S&B. Probably the latter is the real culprit here, but they should really make another effort to pronounce the advantages of Armour Lines more. You shouldn’t be able to have the best of all worlds.

Well, then light armor should lose its shields, which scale from damage stat. You are damage dealer in light armor, so you should die without pocket healer, instead of spamming shields and tanking people.
    Is it ok for you?

I do die without a pocket healer. I run with a 6.7k Shield in noCP and no, I’m not tanking people.

Maybe then you should make a decent build like some sorcs have, instead of whining on forum?

Yes, maybe I should lean on all the cheese and the crutches the game has to offer to be considered an awesome player like so many others aspire to be. I’d rather have fun though without constantly chasing the latest exploits that allow players staying “l33t”.

Heavy armor by itself gives you around 6k resistances, which equals 9.5-10% reduced damage. And that's all. In addition heavy armor has worse passives than light: less sustain, less damage. The only reason it is still viable - good sets.

In case good heavy damage sets will be nerfed (killed), we can expect two options:
    1. medium armor will be improved, so we will see a lot of godlike stamNBs and a lot of other stamina users roll dodging everywhere
    2. medium armor will not be improved, so we will see stamNBs and TON of magicka users everywhere.

Nice suggestions.

Also resistance is the worst defense mechanism in comparing to shields, roll dodge and blocking.

I don’t run heavy, that’s true. If the resistances are much lower, fine. I’m not arguing to be correct. My vision for a healthy PvP is very different from the current game we have, but as it’s most probably something I don’t understand, I’ll not bother. No matter what ZOS changes or doesn’t - I‘ll find my fun in the game regardless.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Is it ok for you?

Nice suggestions.

I don’t run heavy, that’s true. If the resistances are much lower, fine. I’m not arguing to be correct. My vision for a healthy PvP is very different from the current game we have, but as it’s most probably something I don’t understand, I’ll not bother. No matter what ZOS changes or doesn’t - I‘ll find my fun in the game regardless.

Then stop asking for nerfs to ruin others fun.
    Heavy armor already took a very heavy nerf with wrath. It no longer has best of the both worlds.

By playing heavy I give up on my burst heal, give up on shuffle, mobility and easy dodge rolls, I give up on %12 weapon damage which scales very well with damage sets like alchemist or senche. give up on extra regen that also scales with CP and all other bonuses,(unlike constution which does not scale with anything)
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 6, 2018 7:08PM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    The biggest problem in this game started when sets began to do things that should have been done by skills. Older proc required to fulfill certain conditions and some of them had big CD or their effect was smaller (like Ashen or Withestrakes).

Anyway, considering Alma´s effect, which is almost half the heal of 7thL, and that Alma doesn't add spell dmg at all, 7th legion should have at least a 3 secs CD

Back in the day it was monster sets ruining the game. Everyone wore hundings rage and shadowwalker jewerly as stam. Only thing that made ppl op was enginee G, Blood S, Malubeth.
    PS4 NA DC
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does seventh heal get effected by battle spirit?
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    might as well create a new weapon line, one hand and pillow

Could use the pillow to nap out the "Unusually Long" load screens on console
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

Yes.

So taking the WD aside, its uproar over a 10% chance when taking damage to heal for 600 in pvp, wow. or am I missing something?
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SquareSausage , if you parse your healing 7th legion on live does pretty absurd output. It seems small, but that's the hidden aspect that makes this set so much better than Fury, etc.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

So taking the WD aside, its uproar over a 10% chance when taking damage to heal for 600 in pvp, wow. or am I missing something?

withouth a cooldown, if you are getting pressured by a few people, that healing goes really high, it procs like crazy
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

withouth a cooldown, if you are getting pressured by a few people, that healing goes really high, it procs like crazy

May need to try it just to see how a single heal of ~600 on a 10% damage taken proc is so good.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes.

May need to try it just to see how a single heal of ~600 on a 10% damage taken proc is so good.

3 players, each with 2 DoTs, double DoT poisons on you and light attack weaving means you’re getting ~20 instances of damage on you per second. That’s 1200 HPS on average before you add in the healing done/received bonuses.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 7, 2018 9:10PM
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes.

I'm not sure it affected by battle spirit (Wasn't enouch interested to test it without cp etc)
    Tooltip is 1300+, without cooldown.
    Not a giant but it really feels in 1vX situations
    @Anethum from .ua