Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

New female personalities

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The Duchess is a great personality, it has nice idles and emotes, but the huge deal breaker is the bug that makes the jogging animation not appear.
You can sprint normall, you can slow-walk normally (with a nice new animation), but what you do mostly, is jogging at the normal tempo. Not sprinting, not walking, but jogging/running normally. The personality has a custom animation for that, it's even shown in the preview window, but ZOS has not fixed it yet despite heavy lobbying in the bug forums, for more than a year now, and it will most likely never be fixed.

So, I request more feminine personalities for our female characters. The Duchess is currently the only one available (and as mentioned, it's bugged/broken).
It doesn't have to be overly slutty, but a nice personality with some female/feminine walking, sprinting and running/jogging animations and a couple idles.
The current running/jogging animations are really bland and boring to look at, and they don't fit a female character, unless you're playing a big nord Red Sonja type.
There are some personalities that override the running animations, for instance the jester one, and while that one is funny and good, it's more of a gimmick, and I wouldn't want to use it on a more serious character such as my own. But a nice well-done personality with more feminine walking/running/sprinting animations that actually worked, I'd pay for that.
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would go for this. We need something less "regal".
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not suggesting that more personalities not be added, however, it seems that saying it is ok that Zos not fix one personality if it adds more is counterintuitive. It is ok if you sell us broken personalities as long as you add more.
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see jogging animations for some of the other non-silly personalities as well, it seems like just the trollish personalities get them.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Not suggesting that more personalities not be added, however, it seems that saying it is ok that Zos not fix one personality if it adds more is counterintuitive. It is ok if you sell us broken personalities as long as you add more.

No, that is not what I am saying at all.

What I was saying, was that since they seem unable to/unwilling to fix the duchess personality, it would be nice to have an alternative. And even if they do fix it, it would still be nice to have an alternative.

I don't know how you twisted that around to that which I have quoted here, but I guess it's the internet, so everyone just listens to 10 % and fills out the other 90 % themselves.
  • platonicidealgirlfriend
    All for more varied personalities, though i'm really not following that the default running and jumping animations aren't feminine or appropriate for a fairly normal female adventurer.
  • Sektion67
    Sektion67
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the crown store preview running animations have ever worked in-game? It's great that they give you previews for the animations before you buy, but they're completely absent while playing your character. Like others have mentioned, the duchess (and others I'm sure) seems to be impacted by this as well.

I passed on the new overpriced costume, and bought the thief personality instead... joke's on me.
  • Fyrscha
    Fyrscha
    ✭✭
    I have made posts about this and sent in personal complaints about the Duchess "jog", and I never got a reply. Hundreds of players, maybe thousands, have made posts/comments/complaints about the Duchess "jog" being awful, but I've yet to find a single response from ZOS about it. I've been waiting since the day Duchess came out to hear about it getting fixed thus far. ZOS doesn't seem to be in the habit of fixing/altering cosmetic items after they come out, so don't hold your breath.
  • Fyrscha
    Fyrscha
    ✭✭
    Sektion67 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the crown store preview running animations have ever worked in-game? It's great that they give you previews for the animations before you buy, but they're completely absent while playing your character. Like others have mentioned, the duchess (and others I'm sure) seems to be impacted by this as well.

I passed on the new overpriced costume, and bought the thief personality instead... joke's on me.

The problem with "run replacers" is that they function based upon player animation speed. Most of us use items, skills, CP, etc to boost our speed, which pushes the base speed outside the animation parameters, so we "lose" the crown store animation run when we actually use our characters. Again, like my general response to this topic, soooo many of us have been posting/complaining about this but so far nothing has been done, and tmk nothing has even been mentioned by the devs about this issue.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with Red Sonja.
    normal_brigitte-nielsen-red-sonja-1985_8249.jpg
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...except possibly her understanding of "armor" and its purpose... :p;)
    red_sonja_by_sebastien_grenier-d8wgors.jpg

As for the original issue, yes, the Duchess personality may leave some people wishing for more female options - most of the other personalities are non-gender specific anyhow, but some want their female characters to be flirty and seductive, or anime-cute, or whatever. (Not that there aren't some who'd use the very same personalities on their male characters as well, to get all fabulous, or just to vex people who have issues with orcs in wedding dresses and such...)

And I expect in time, the crown store will deliver. Though I suppose they are likely to make more "generic" personalities first to cover the widest range of potantial buyers... I for one still have quite a few I would like seeing...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If your DPS (and healing) is good enough, it is perfect for taunting male adversaries.

As for the original issue, yes, the Duchess personality may leave some people wishing for more female options - most of the other personalities are non-gender specific anyhow, but some want their female characters to be flirty and seductive, or anime-cute, or whatever. (Not that there aren't some who'd use the very same personalities on their male characters as well, to get all fabulous, or just to vex people who have issues with orcs in wedding dresses and such...)

And I expect in time, the crown store will deliver. Though I suppose they are likely to make more "generic" personalities first to cover the widest range of potantial buyers... I for one still have quite a few I would like seeing...

My thought is the opposite. Personalities are probably more expensive to make. This means that they are not going to spend time doing a generic personality before doing a flashy niche personality that has a high discussion value in the forum. The high interest allows them to charge more, and they can even make it a Limited Time promotion to drive NOW! sales.

To me, that is the main danger of discussions like this. Yeah, it is nice to talk about it and wish that they would do things. It lets them know we are interested. The danger comes when we get too interested.
    Edited by Elsonso on February 6, 2018 11:13AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, now. Her armor is totally culturally appropriate. Or did you forget about Conan?
    RedSonjaConan2.jpg
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

No, that is not what I am saying at all.

What I was saying, was that since they seem unable to/unwilling to fix the duchess personality, it would be nice to have an alternative. And even if they do fix it, it would still be nice to have an alternative.

I don't know how you twisted that around to that which I have quoted here, but I guess it's the internet, so everyone just listens to 10 % and fills out the other 90 % themselves.

Again it looks like you are suggesting that adding new female personalities would make up for one still being broken. Your words are saying that is an acceptable alternative.

That is basically stating giving us broken stuff to spend our crowns on is ok as long as you keep giving us more stuff to spend crowns on. Not twisting anything.
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought the “Admire Me” personality and to be honest, I am very disappointed.

I like to use it in PVP after a serious 1v1 battle that could last a couple of minutes (My sorc vs meta healer or tank), that way when I do win the fight (not often mind you as one mistake can make the difference between walking away like a boss or looking at a death cap), I can stand and stare down at the corps of my enemy and pop the “Admire Me”.

Sadly the personality don’t work half the time if there is a fight in close proximity to you as a message comes up saying “cannot be used at this time”. So it makes it useless in PVP and a waste of money.

PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the “Admire Me” personality and to be honest, I am very disappointed.

I like to use it in PVP after a serious 1v1 battle that could last a couple of minutes (My sorc vs meta healer or tank), that way when I do win the fight (not often mind you as one mistake can make the difference between walking away like a boss or looking at a death cap), I can stand and stare down at the corps of my enemy and pop the “Admire Me”.

Sadly the personality don’t work half the time if there is a fight in close proximity to you as a message comes up saying “cannot be used at this time”. So it makes it useless in PVP and a waste of money.

It's not a personality, it's an emote. Just saying.
  • Mielikki
    Mielikki
    ✭✭✭
    I agree! I like the duchess personality, but it has too much of a snob air.

Perhaps something more demure like Sun-in-Shadow would do.

https://youtu.be/4HewtEVgDnc?t=7m1s
    Edited by Mielikki on February 8, 2018 4:03AM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, now. Her armor is totally culturally appropriate. Or did you forget about Conan?
    RedSonjaConan2.jpg
    I did not forget about Conan, how-ever... in the stories, he often would not be quite as bare-chested as sone depictions of him might lead people to believe, but wear actual armor, as available to him in his various tavels...
    C.jpg
    ;)

My thought is the opposite. Personalities are probably more expensive to make. This means that they are not going to spend time doing a generic personality before doing a flashy niche personality that has a high discussion value in the forum. The high interest allows them to charge more, and they can even make it a Limited Time promotion to drive NOW! sales.
    Oh, sorry, I seem to have been a bit unclear there...
    ...when I say "generic" personality, I meant "made non-gender-specific" as to get as many as possible to buy it, boys and girls alike; as opposed to especially "girly" personalities. Or especially "macho-man" personalities for that matter.

Naturally a personality that is interesting would be prioritized over one that was bland and boring... for the very easons you mentioned...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

RedSonjaConan2.jpg
    I did not forget about Conan, how-ever... in the stories, he often would not be quite as bare-chested as sone depictions of him might lead people to believe, but wear actual armor, as available to him in his various tavels...

;)

I'm also certain that if Red Sonja were to be treated as an actually realistic warrior as opposed to a comic book heroine attired in "armor" seemingly designed to attract her readers as opposed to defend her from enemies, that she'd wear actual armor similar to that which Conan is sometimes depicted as wearing.

I find it very hard to condemn a character for wearing skimpy armor when that involves pretending that the choice of armor was not made by authors and illustrators primarily. Otherwise, if you want to claim that the lack of armor is a character choice, you might want to consider what it means that a capable warrior chooses to wear such little armor and survives quite handily and what that says about her skills.

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also certain that if Red Sonja were to be treated as an actually realistic warrior as opposed to a comic book heroine attired in "armor" seemingly designed to attract her readers as opposed to defend her from enemies, that she'd wear actual armor similar to that which Conan is sometimes depicted as wearing.

I find it very hard to condemn a character for wearing skimpy armor when that involves pretending that the choice of armor was not made by authors and illustrators primarily. Otherwise, if you want to claim that the lack of armor is a character choice, you might want to consider what it means that a capable warrior chooses to wear such little armor and survives quite handily and what that says about her skills.
    Agreed.
    In that tone, one depiction I -really- like is that of Makri, from the "Thraxas" series.
    makri-1.png
    She is wearing the chainmail bikini... because while she is the most capable warrior in that series, she also usually works as a barmaid in a tavern to finance her studies, and that just gets more tips! When expecting combat however she will don orcish scout armor in leather and chaimail... somehow the painters never choose to draw that one, for some mysterious reason totally unrelated to the fact that they are men I presume... :p;)

I will graciously assume Red Sonja has similar issues ;)
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whimsical skipping school girl please
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May I add that we need lady-like riding. It's ridiculous how skirts, dresses and robes phase through the horse's back. With the addition of miniskirts, the sitting-on-a-chair animation is also somewhat inappropriate.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.