The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

can we have better tooltips?

Sergykid
Sergykid
✭✭✭✭✭
I think the tooltips from abilities, items, champion points, etc, should be upgraded. It's not really hard to do, i suppose one day of work. It's just text editing after all.

Many perks from the champion points trees are difficult to understand. Like befoul, which should be "increase the healing reduction from the Defile debuff by %". And there's much room to understand the over time effects and direct damage effects.

And item sets that don't really respect the description. Take Selene for example, it says it procs from direct melee damage, and now take jabs, which theoretically as everyone told me, direct damage that will proc the set is only the first hit, the rest 3 are not, but Selene can proc from any of the 4 hits. So from here i understand that all my 4 jabs ticks are direct damage. But this ability's damage is increased from the Thaumaturge champion perk.

Abilities also don't state how are increased more, from stamina or weapon damage. A player should not go on a wiki to learn mechanics, the information should be present in the game. The F1 (help section) don't offer such informations, like what abilities are considered over time and which ones direct damage. There's some aoe abilities that deal direct damage (like blade cloak). This section tells things like "click on the + icon to invest the point" well fine but give some advanced important information.

There's too many examples to cover them all here, but in the end my suggestion is to update the game tooltips and information.
-PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    Same with buffs and items
    +1
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Something I mentioned in a thread that never took of was the lack of Area of Effect descriptions on Set items. No idea how far it goes, no idea if its circular or rectangular. Alkosh is a great example of that:

"When you activate a synergy, you send a shockwave from your position that deals 1720 Physical Damage and an additional 12040 Physical Damage over 10 seconds.".

This is what Alkosh tooltip says. Is that shockwave circular, conal, rectangular? If its circular what its radius, if its conal whats its degree and length, if its rectangular whats its width and length? None of these questions are answered by this tooltip and many sets suffer the same lack of information in their tooltip. I mean even some abilities suffered from this. It took them YEARS to add the Area of Effect onto the tooltip of Wall of Elements.

So please @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Wrobel Can we have some better tooltips please?

EDIT: Copied the wrong sets tooltip like a scrub :tongue: fixed now.
    Edited by paulsimonps on February 2, 2018 3:36PM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well in case of sets you can just try it out and see how it does. But when we talk about an ability, i can't try a stamina build, a weapon damage build, a penetration build, etc, just to see what the ability takes its damage from. I think abilities and resources should be more informative about what they benefit to and from.

and it doesn't have to overload the tooltips text. Add in the F1 section, comabt tab, "abilities and resources" and just say how it does. Also how to use the CP, as i said in the first post, some abilities say they're direct and get benefit from over time, etc.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube