Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magden Battlegrounds Burst Build and Game play video - CWC

• Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Watching the video, I was thinking that the sustain looks a bit iffy, and that you'd probably melt to proper focus fire, but then I remembered that this isn't a heavy armour stam build, and that you are more focused on burst and shielding.

Though your mag sustain does still look a little low for my tastes

This build only works in BGs or duels where the sustain needs are really really low. The quickest way to increase sustain is to drop bird of prey for ele drain. However, you can also see in the clip that when I’m caught out of position I do die rather quickly.

I'm more worried at how it will sustain when CP goes bye-bye next patch.
    I wouldn't think that ele drain alone would really be enough to bring it up to par.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watching the video, I was thinking that the sustain looks a bit iffy, and that you'd probably melt to proper focus fire, but then I remembered that this isn't a heavy armour stam build, and that you are more focused on burst and shielding.

This build only works in BGs or duels where the sustain needs are really really low. The quickest way to increase sustain is to drop bird of prey for ele drain. However, you can also see in the clip that when I’m caught out of position I do die rather quickly.

I wouldn't think that ele drain alone would really be enough to bring it up to par.

The whole build is changing. In a no-CP environment stacking max resources loses value relative to spell damage. Sustain becomes more important, resource free damage(proc sets, poisons) performs relatively better. Initially I’m thinking Overwhelming Surge+BSW(back/front) 2 Skoria then 3x regen glyphs and either lover or atro mundus depending where my sustain is. I’m testing some builds out this weekend and will be publishing a no-CP update that also accounts for Racer nerfs
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 1, 2018 5:09AM
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The whole build is changing. In a no-CP environment stacking max resources loses value relative to spell damage. Sustain becomes more important, resource free damage(proc sets, poisons) performs relatively better. Initially I’m thinking Overwhelming Surge+BSW(back/front) 2 Skoria then 3x regen glyphs and either lover or atro mundus depending where my sustain is. I’m testing some builds out this weekend and will be publishing a no-CP update that also accounts for Racer nerfs

I've been thinking of running Shacklebreaker plus Scathing Mage for a similar setup. Could also be an option if you are running force pulse over birds
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Updated OP with an uncut Deathmatch video from this evening. I'm in a pug here and actually left my Domi piece on a different character so I'm running 7 light with 1x groth. This hurts my stam sustain a lot but I make sure to be careful throughout the match. The death comes when I'm clearly caught out of position like a scrub

I don't think I ever put it together that you are Champion Points lol. I've played against you a ton in BGs with my premade teams. Moist Chips, Bofa Deez, TomKat616, Master Phan, Sleep IV, Smack Addicts ... there's a couple more I run with. Anyone sound familiar? :wink:

Yep, I know all of you guys. We’ve had some
    good matches. HMU if you wanna duo.

For sure!
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated OP with an uncut Deathmatch video from this evening. I'm in a pug here and actually left my Domi piece on a different character so I'm running 7 light with 1x groth. This hurts my stam sustain a lot but I make sure to be careful throughout the match. The death comes when I'm clearly caught out of position like a scrub

I don't think I ever put it together that you are Champion Points lol. I've played against you a ton in BGs with my premade teams. Moist Chips, Bofa Deez, TomKat616, Master Phan, Sleep IV, Smack Addicts ... there's a couple more I run with. Anyone sound familiar? :wink:

Yep, I know all of you guys. We’ve had some
    good matches. HMU if you wanna duo.

For sure! We need a 4th sometimes when we don't have everyoone on.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, I logged back on and had no 1pc undaunted so this is in 6 light and an empty armor slot.

So one thing I use to help with escaping is nature's embrace. I swear that skill gets no love but is super OP. 31k healing tooltip over 10 secs so ~15.5k in pvp which is super strong used with living trellis. What I will do is walk away from one if my team mates running the opposite of me then hit it when I'm at a far range. It makes it so I get out of range of enemies and end up healing to full lol. Also it's gots some bugs with it considering it goes through floors, walls, any elevation... so on and so on...
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually, I logged back on and had no 1pc undaunted so this is in 6 light and an empty armor slot.

So one thing I use to help with escaping is nature's embrace. I swear that skill gets no love but is super OP. 31k healing tooltip over 10 secs so ~15.5k in pvp which is super strong used with living trellis. What I will do is walk away from one if my team mates running the opposite of me then hit it when I'm at a far range. It makes it so I get out of range of enemies and end up healing to full lol. Also it's gots some bugs with it considering it goes through floors, walls, any elevation... so on and so on...

Another great thing about that skill is that it always pays for itself because of passives.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Caluurion/shacklebreaker/1 Domihaus or Calurrion/Necro/1 Domihaus for me with either resource poisons or double dot poisons. Frost staff/resto staff. Frost Reach is RIDICULOUSLY strong on mag warden.
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to my first written build guide, I’ve recently picked up the magika warden and found a build that works rather exceptionally for me. I’ve been getting asked quite often what I run so here we go. Note that this build is tested and tweaked to my play style and it may not work for you. The stamina sustain in particular is very, very tight and if you misplay at all or ignore any part of the stam sustain puzzle then you’ll struggle to survive. This magden is a pure glass setup that will deliver you top tier damage scores consistently but requires that you play in position and make smart plays. Let’s jump right in.

Big changes coming for Dragon Bones, I'm going to shift my focus from recording content for this build to testing a new spec. Big updates coming soon

Race - Argonian

This is mandatory. While other races give superior damage passives, nothing touches the sustain of Argonian. Resourceful is an effective 250 mag, health, and Stam Regen. The healing and health passives help counter burst that typically kills light armor specs.

Mundus - Mage

Damage, defense, sustain. We’re stacking lots of magika and this is part of the equation

Stats - Fully Buffed, in combat
    Health - 24612
    Magika - 47775
    Stamina - 11947
    Magika Regen - 1663
    Stam Regen - 704
    Spell Damage - 2716(2956 Resto)
    Spell Crit - 32%
    Spell Pen - 11813
    Effective Spell Power - 10310
    Spell Resist - 17025
    Armor - 14952
    Critical Resist - 2585

Sets
    5 Necro - This is a staple set for light armor mag warden. Push 45k+ magika and get a big Harness magika shield and one of the nicest PVP damage sets in the game. Pvp builds need defense, sustain, and damage, any set that adds two of those is extremely valuable, Necro adds all 3.
    5 Spinners - More max magika, spell damage, 5% penetration. Simply put, it’s the best damage set available that’s always up and scales positively with multiple targets. It adds as much magika as shackle, the same amount of spell damage.
    1 Domi - The second best magika 1pc in the game behind Masters destro. I need the stamina here so I can’t fit Masters destro. This is also a heavy, infused helm with a tri-glyph.

Front Bar Infused Inferno - Bersker Glyph - The damage scales with any number of opponents and boosts your healing. Some people back bar this, but I’ve got something more important back bar. We go destro instead of DW because the added pressure from weaves and reach is insane.
    Back Bar Nirn Resto - Stam drain poison - This is a controversial choice, but I enjoy the stam sustain it provides and I despise fighting a tanky meta spec for 10 minutes.
    1x Mag Regen 2x Spell damage glyphs on jewelry

Skills
    Bird Of Prey - Mobility is key in BGs and the damage bonus scales well on builds that stack high damage and against multiple opponents. 10% total increase in damage
    Flame Reach 7225 Impact 8378 Dot - Instant cast CC, decent initial damage, solid DoT, can proc burning, lands at the same time as Racer when cast immediately after.
    Racer 14073 - Undodgeable, does more damage to opponents who run, 1 GCD travel time. Forces a poison pill decision on low health opponents between blocking the racer and risking getting hit with the unblockable fissure due to the block snare OR trying to outrun the warden while making racer more dangerous.
    Fissure 17984 - Big AoE damage, the only truly scary part of the magden toolkit. This skill is the reason for all the build decisions based around multiple target damage scaling. Casting fissure-racer-reach is the main burst combo and in the hectic BG environment the Fissure CC will usually tag someone else.
    Fetcher Infection 24682 - This ability currently scales on Master at Arms, which will be fixed in Dragon Bones. However, this build is all about direct damage burst so the broken scaling gives us a very potent DoT.
    Northern Storm 5862 - AoE major protection, minor maim(from chilled status), and passive 8% max magika. If you can time this when you engage an opponent with the sigil it usually buys you time and allows you to get a quick kill or two to neutralize the threat.

Netch - Major Sorcery, 12% stam and magika regen for back bar, magika sustain, free purge. When I’m focused but I trust that my other defensive mechanics are holding I will spam this for the purge and the small heal. It’s free!
    Living Trellis 3319 HoT 8078 Burst - 10 second duration, low cost, counters shieldbreaker, gives ~100k healing per BG match when with an organized group. Increase healing done, can proc all green balance passives. This build is defensively built around shield stacking which scales poorly against multiple opponents, but adding in the healing from Trellis means you don’t ever have to get the Healing Ward burst heal to survive.
    Healing ward 7308 shield 3152 heal - Big Shield, burst heal, protects the health pool in execute range to allow trellis to do its job.
    Ice Fortress - the armor buffs and minor protection along with the argonian HP passive are the only reason you can’t get 1 shot when shields are down, keep this up. The minor protection applies to shields.
    Harness Magika 9257 shield 1950 return - Big shield, pays for itself and trellis when used against magika specs. Protects Healing Ward. The magika return is not necessary for the build to sustain.
    Northern Storm 5743 - The 8% max mag is too good to pass here as well. Since I’m not high elf I really need to pack in magika where I can to offset and this is a nice space. I didn’t note it earlier but the minor maim and major protection give mitigation to damage shields.

Champion Points - May not be min-maxed perfectly but after a lot of testing and tinkering I'm pretty happy with the results, feel free to correct them if you can find more damage.

Bastion - 34
    Light Armor Focus - 1
    Thick Skinned - 51
    Hardy - 27
    Elemental Defender -27
    Ironclad - 51
    Resistant - 39

Thaumaturge - 13
    Master At Arms - 72
    Shattering Blows - 13
    Elemental Expert - 64
    Spell Erosion - 40
    Elfborn - 28

Tumbling - 72
    Mooncalf - 19
    Arcanist - 43
    Tenacity - 19
    Siphoner - 5
    Warlord - 72

Tri-Pots - these are crucial to your sustain
    Detect Pots - I carry these in case of particularly nasty stamblades, but you cannot use it if your stam pool has been recently pressured or you risk running out of stam. Typically I tab-target good nightblades and try to catch them with the combo and 100-0 them before they even CC break.

Videos coming soon! My first PVP video has arrived
    https://youtu.be/W-gNt_MdHzs
    In this video I’m not wearing a 1 piece undaunted. I forgot to re-equip it when shuffling some gear around. 6 light

Nice video

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Killset wrote: »
    Welcome to my first written build guide, I’ve recently picked up the magika warden and found a build that works rather exceptionally for me. I’ve been getting asked quite often what I run so here we go. Note that this build is tested and tweaked to my play style and it may not work for you. The stamina sustain in particular is very, very tight and if you misplay at all or ignore any part of the stam sustain puzzle then you’ll struggle to survive. This magden is a pure glass setup that will deliver you top tier damage scores consistently but requires that you play in position and make smart plays. Let’s jump right in.

Big changes coming for Dragon Bones, I'm going to shift my focus from recording content for this build to testing a new spec. Big updates coming soon

Race - Argonian

This is mandatory. While other races give superior damage passives, nothing touches the sustain of Argonian. Resourceful is an effective 250 mag, health, and Stam Regen. The healing and health passives help counter burst that typically kills light armor specs.

Mundus - Mage

Damage, defense, sustain. We’re stacking lots of magika and this is part of the equation

Stats - Fully Buffed, in combat
    Health - 24612
    Magika - 47775
    Stamina - 11947
    Magika Regen - 1663
    Stam Regen - 704
    Spell Damage - 2716(2956 Resto)
    Spell Crit - 32%
    Spell Pen - 11813
    Effective Spell Power - 10310
    Spell Resist - 17025
    Armor - 14952
    Critical Resist - 2585

Sets
    5 Necro - This is a staple set for light armor mag warden. Push 45k+ magika and get a big Harness magika shield and one of the nicest PVP damage sets in the game. Pvp builds need defense, sustain, and damage, any set that adds two of those is extremely valuable, Necro adds all 3.
    5 Spinners - More max magika, spell damage, 5% penetration. Simply put, it’s the best damage set available that’s always up and scales positively with multiple targets. It adds as much magika as shackle, the same amount of spell damage.
    1 Domi - The second best magika 1pc in the game behind Masters destro. I need the stamina here so I can’t fit Masters destro. This is also a heavy, infused helm with a tri-glyph.

Front Bar Infused Inferno - Bersker Glyph - The damage scales with any number of opponents and boosts your healing. Some people back bar this, but I’ve got something more important back bar. We go destro instead of DW because the added pressure from weaves and reach is insane.
    Back Bar Nirn Resto - Stam drain poison - This is a controversial choice, but I enjoy the stam sustain it provides and I despise fighting a tanky meta spec for 10 minutes.
    1x Mag Regen 2x Spell damage glyphs on jewelry

Skills
    Bird Of Prey - Mobility is key in BGs and the damage bonus scales well on builds that stack high damage and against multiple opponents. 10% total increase in damage
    Flame Reach 7225 Impact 8378 Dot - Instant cast CC, decent initial damage, solid DoT, can proc burning, lands at the same time as Racer when cast immediately after.
    Racer 14073 - Undodgeable, does more damage to opponents who run, 1 GCD travel time. Forces a poison pill decision on low health opponents between blocking the racer and risking getting hit with the unblockable fissure due to the block snare OR trying to outrun the warden while making racer more dangerous.
    Fissure 17984 - Big AoE damage, the only truly scary part of the magden toolkit. This skill is the reason for all the build decisions based around multiple target damage scaling. Casting fissure-racer-reach is the main burst combo and in the hectic BG environment the Fissure CC will usually tag someone else.
    Fetcher Infection 24682 - This ability currently scales on Master at Arms, which will be fixed in Dragon Bones. However, this build is all about direct damage burst so the broken scaling gives us a very potent DoT.
    Northern Storm 5862 - AoE major protection, minor maim(from chilled status), and passive 8% max magika. If you can time this when you engage an opponent with the sigil it usually buys you time and allows you to get a quick kill or two to neutralize the threat.

Netch - Major Sorcery, 12% stam and magika regen for back bar, magika sustain, free purge. When I’m focused but I trust that my other defensive mechanics are holding I will spam this for the purge and the small heal. It’s free!
    Living Trellis 3319 HoT 8078 Burst - 10 second duration, low cost, counters shieldbreaker, gives ~100k healing per BG match when with an organized group. Increase healing done, can proc all green balance passives. This build is defensively built around shield stacking which scales poorly against multiple opponents, but adding in the healing from Trellis means you don’t ever have to get the Healing Ward burst heal to survive.
    Healing ward 7308 shield 3152 heal - Big Shield, burst heal, protects the health pool in execute range to allow trellis to do its job.
    Ice Fortress - the armor buffs and minor protection along with the argonian HP passive are the only reason you can’t get 1 shot when shields are down, keep this up. The minor protection applies to shields.
    Harness Magika 9257 shield 1950 return - Big shield, pays for itself and trellis when used against magika specs. Protects Healing Ward. The magika return is not necessary for the build to sustain.
    Northern Storm 5743 - The 8% max mag is too good to pass here as well. Since I’m not high elf I really need to pack in magika where I can to offset and this is a nice space. I didn’t note it earlier but the minor maim and major protection give mitigation to damage shields.

Champion Points - May not be min-maxed perfectly but after a lot of testing and tinkering I'm pretty happy with the results, feel free to correct them if you can find more damage.

Bastion - 34
    Light Armor Focus - 1
    Thick Skinned - 51
    Hardy - 27
    Elemental Defender -27
    Ironclad - 51
    Resistant - 39

Thaumaturge - 13
    Master At Arms - 72
    Shattering Blows - 13
    Elemental Expert - 64
    Spell Erosion - 40
    Elfborn - 28

Tumbling - 72
    Mooncalf - 19
    Arcanist - 43
    Tenacity - 19
    Siphoner - 5
    Warlord - 72

Tri-Pots - these are crucial to your sustain
    Detect Pots - I carry these in case of particularly nasty stamblades, but you cannot use it if your stam pool has been recently pressured or you risk running out of stam. Typically I tab-target good nightblades and try to catch them with the combo and 100-0 them before they even CC break.

Videos coming soon! My first PVP video has arrived
    https://youtu.be/W-gNt_MdHzs
    In this video I’m not wearing a 1 piece undaunted. I forgot to re-equip it when shuffling some gear around. 6 light

Nice video

Hey, thanks man, that means a lot. You’re always a great match! I’ve got some more clips coming soon as soon
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 1, 2018 5:19PM
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really wish you were not exposing magwarden like this, even more upset it’s on a aidsgonian.

Also you can switch bird of prey with harness to more easily line up your burst while taking pressure.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really wish you were not exposing magwarden like this, even more upset it’s on a aidsgonian.

Also you can switch bird of prey with harness to more easily line up your burst while taking pressure.

I lose 2% damage if I do that though, I’d rather switch to shackle and add a spell damage glyph if I’m going to lose burst

I don’t think I’m exposing anything. First, everyone already knows magden is crazy strong. Second, this build doesn’t work open world and is outclassed by bear specs with defile in duels. Finally, this is a very difficult build to play relative to typical magika wardens. I’ve got enough sustain by the absolute thinnest margins and my positioning and buff management have to be perfect or I can get blown up regardless of the big shields and decent healing, it’s pure glass and most people won’t play it the same style and make it work without dropping some damage. There are a few wardens running this same setup on Xbox NA and they’re not nearly so impactful

Edit: oh, and it’s already dead. This build won’t work come March
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 1, 2018 5:34PM
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does your given stat sheet include your breaker glyph proc?

And what does effective spell power mean?
    Edited by KingYogi415 on February 1, 2018 5:33PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

EffectiveSpellPower = (round(Magicka/10.5) + SpellDamage)*(1 + SpellCrit*AttackSpellCritDamage)*(1 + CP.MagicDamageDone)*(AttackSpellMitigation)*(1 + Target.DamageTaken)*(1 + DamageDone)

Formula taken from the eso build editor

It’s a way to tell at a quick glance the relative damage difference between two builds. It’s particularly useful when comparing max resource builds vs raw damage builds imo.

And yes, berserker is proc’ed there since it’s got near 100% uptime
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 1, 2018 5:56PM
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I run 1300 regen just fine.

EffectiveSpellPower = (round(Magicka/10.5) + SpellDamage)*(1 + SpellCrit*AttackSpellCritDamage)*(1 + CP.MagicDamageDone)*(AttackSpellMitigation)*(1 + Target.DamageTaken)*(1 + DamageDone)

It’s a way to tell at a quick glance the relative damage difference between two builds. It’s particularly useful when comparing max resource builds vs raw damage builds imo.

That is really interesting!

Do they a app or calculator I can plug numbers in? or do I have to do it myself?
    Edited by KingYogi415 on February 1, 2018 6:59PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run 1300 regen just fine.

When you start your burst with a heavy resto it’

That is really interesting!

Do they a app or calculator I can plug numbers in? or do I have to do it myself?

http://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solid build @Lexxypwns Sustain seems a bit tight for me but I've only been playing my warden for a few days now :D

I've been running necro, lich, 1 domihaus in open world. Just trying to decide between dual wield, 2h, master destro, or asylum destro.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice video!

But how the hell do you console peeps AC with that controller setup?! Everytime I use my PS4 account I feel like I'm holding a rock.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • DirtyWizard
    DirtyWizard
    ✭✭
    This man is hard to kill. Tough opponent and great teammate. Nice write up!
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This man is hard to kill. Tough opponent and great teammate. Nice write up!

See you on the battlefield, @DirtyWizard & @Lexxypwns !
    -Hutch679 & Moist Chips
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Nice video!

But how the hell do you console peeps AC with that controller setup?! Everytime I use my PS4 account I feel like I'm holding a rock.

Actually, you’ll see I use B and Y for my spammable and CC. Those are the easiest buttons for me to animation cancel with so I keepother skills on the harder to cancel
    Spots since to mitigate missed weaves.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why wont this work come march?
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Dragon Bones changes BGs to no CP. so far I think I’m swapping a lot of things around. Dropping harness, dropping Necro and spinners and adding some other sets in. I hope to have a no-CP BGs build ready this weekend
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh wow i did not realize that. Thats just BG's right not Cyroldil ?
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dragon Bones changes BGs to no CP. so far I think I’m swapping a lot of things around. Dropping harness, dropping Necro and spinners and adding some other sets in. I hope to have a no-CP BGs build ready this weekend

I ran necro when it was no CP before, I'll continue to run it next patch. It's just so, so strong.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. We have a few really strong magdens on pc NA too. The theme seems to be argonians, shacklebreaker, and running destro / 2h and keeping forward momentun up
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh wow i did not realize that. Thats just BG's right not Cyroldil ?

Correct, only BGs going back to no CP. Means CP builds are worthless for BGs
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After watching your video I think your setup choice is suboptimal: The only time you got focused you instantly died due to no defensive ultimate being slotted and undersustain.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After watching your video I think your setup choice is suboptimal: The only time you got focused you instantly died due to no defensive ultimate being slotted and undersustain.

Except storm is a defensive ultimate...

I got focused three distinct times in this match and died once. A defensive ultimate would have made the fight last longer, but I was so far out of position that I never had a chance to disengage regardless and a shieldstack obviously doesn’t hold up under heavy focus from multiple players for prolonged amounts of time. Otherwise you’re correct, the build isn’t for everyone and as I mentioned in the OP it requires great positioning because it’s a glass cannon build. Other magden setups are putting out marginally less damage for marginally more survivability OR are more kiting focused like the builds @Thogard mentions. Neither of those appeals to me, I’m trying to bring the hammer.

I ran necro when it was no CP before, I'll continue to run it next patch. It's just so, so strong.

It’s more efficient to stack spell damage than max mag in no-CP imo. I haven’t fully tested the spec I want to run yet but I’m seeing promising results, with the math so far on a couple of setups. BSW for example is more burst than Necro in a CP environment but in non-CP you lose out on 20% max magika modifier from CP and the gap widens
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 2, 2018 6:57PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Nice video!

Actually, you’ll see I use B and Y for my spammable and CC. Those are the easiest buttons for me to animation cancel with so I keepother skills on the harder to cancel
    Spots since to mitigate missed weaves.

Which template you console folks use for the button setup? Im trying to use the one that uses Triangle (PS4) when you hold it down to initiate bar swap.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual