Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

dmg v sustain

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
so for your stamblade.. which way do you roll
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edit. Pvp forum.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on January 30, 2018 8:06AM
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    Ideally you want both. When I build, I determine minimum amounts for sustain and defense and once those are met, I stack damage. It's very possible to get 2300 Stam recovery and 4k+ weapon damage on this class. If you are building right you shouldn't have to sacrifice either.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think with all classes, it's better to start with sustain and as you become more adept at that class and it's sustain mechanisms, you refine your build by reducing sustain and increasing damage until you hit that sweet spot of 'as much damage as possible - with enough sustain'
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Llilium
    Llilium
    ✭✭✭
    Dreth wrote: »
    Ideally you want both. When I build, I determine minimum amounts for sustain and defense and once those are met, I stack damage. It's very possible to get 2300 Stam recovery and 4k+ weapon damage on this class. If you are building right you shouldn't have to sacrifice either.

eh, how exactly?

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mostly use Repentance as my sustain. But i do have over 1K stam regen. If you run Medium armor instead of Heavy, sustain issues are not too much of a problem.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Llilium wrote: »
    Dreth wrote: »

eh, how exactly?

5pc BP or eternal hunt + 3 pc agility(all dmg glyphs) + bloodspawn + dmg glyph on infused bow +nirnhoned 2h

with BP you end up at 2400-2600 regen depending on your CP allocation and around 4k weapon dmg fully buffed while also beeing around 39k stam. after a kill + pot your regen goes up to like 3.3-3.5k.

eternal hunt is slightly lower regen and max stam but you gain the runes which also hit for around 3kish and offer an extremely powerful kiting tool.

EZ
    Edited by lao on February 1, 2018 1:19PM
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I mostly use Repentance as my sustain. But i do have over 1K stam regen. If you run Medium armor instead of Heavy, sustain issues are not too much of a problem.

Repentence is templar...
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »

Repentence is templar...

Ha, it is isn't it. Misread that apparently.

For my Stamblade, I am specced fully into damage. 5K weapon damage fully buffed and enough stamina to burst a few targets down before needing to heavy attack. But with cloak, I can mostly disappear and crit a heavy attack, and repeat the action until I have a decent stam pool back.