The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Ideas to further improve the outfit system

kind_hero
kind_hero
✭✭✭✭✭
The outfit system as it is now is quite good. Besides the cosmetic changes it brings, I like that it gives further value to crafting styles, and rewards the people who invest effort in getting them.

However, there are some limitations that I do not understand, like not being able to hide shoulders/gloves/belts/etc, or using other type of gear for further customization.

(I know this has been asked many times, but I want to give a reason why I want this) Please add the option to hide shoulders/gloves/belts, maybe even chests or boots.
The reason for this is that some people like to play a mage/healer/thief or some odd character that does not wear a lot of armour.
Have you seen any movie with a vampire wearing shoulder caps or large metal hip flaps? :)
Also, there are many situations where players might want to role play.. or just to have fun creating NPC outfits: fisherman, blacksmith, merchant, beggar, brawler, etc.

An other suggestion is to be able to unlock NPC clothing in the outfit system, by finding and looting it from wardrobes or baskets. The current list of looted clothing could be expanded to include rare or very rare clothing like the armour used by some key NPCs. This could open interesting possibilities, new achievements and stuff to collect.

You could also add the current costumes (disguises) used in quests to the outfit system, after the quest is completed, so we don't have to keep favourite disguises in the bag.
[PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    You could also add the current costumes (disguises) used in quests to the outfit system, after the quest is completed, so we don't have to keep favourite disguises in the bag.

Good suggestions, but I'd rather the above just be added to the collectibles, like they did with mementos. It's more likely to happen (getting disguises out of inventory) if they just make them costume collectibles rather than trying to parcel out all the parts in the outfit system.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 31, 2018 8:19PM