The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A farewell

Ectheliontnacil
Ectheliontnacil
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
These words do not come easily. It has taken a great deal of suffering for me to reach this point but now that I have, I feel lighter, unburdened and my mind has cleared: I need to quit!

Certainly it won’t be easy to leave behind the rolling hills of Cyrodiil, the lush grasslands of Greenshade or the serene Auridon sunset. I yearn to behold once more the otherworldly beauty of Ayrenn – her hair like molten gold, cascading from her shoulders, her ruby lips smiling ever so sweetly, with eyes in which a lesser man might drown. And oh how many an hour will be spent silently mourning the loss of my companions, my brothers with whom I braved many dangers in the land of Tamriel.

But since I have a warriors heart, one loss will pain me above all others: the war! I am ashamed of what I have become, I have lain waste to the great armies of the pact and of the covenant, I have slain noble Dunmer and filthy Argonians alike and still I crave for more bloodshed – the battlefield has turned me into a monster.

I lie awake at night with the screams of the enemy echoing in my ears. I ache to return to my glorious albeit brutal past where the minstrels would sing of my heroic deeds. What I wouldn’t give to stand again victorious on top a hill that is littered with the corpses, the air still rife with cries of agony. To the fair elven maids I was a symbol of unwavering courage, of valour and of chivalry and to my enemies I was a harbinger of death and destruction!

Now however I have come to realise, that with every conquest I feel more hollow inside, with every hour I spend perfecting my skills in combat a feeling of unrest grows inside of me. Though it is unbearably hard to admit, my time spent in Cyrodiil is time that is wasted. ESO to me was a window to a simpler age, and age of wonders and adventures. But as the years passed that window has turned into a gaping abyss, a terrible maelstrom threatening to consume me, much like the daedric anchors threaten to consume Nirn.

And so, with a heavy heart, I must part from these shores and leave Tamriel behind. I look back on my life as a Dominion soldier with deep regret and wish I could undo the carnage that I have left in my wake, that I could revert the ruin that my stupor of addiction has brought upon myself and others…alas I cannot.

I can merely bid you all a very fond farewell and wish you all the happiness in this world and in the world of Tamriel.

(I apologise for any mistakes in my writing, I did not have the strength to proofread this^^. Also I do not wish to offend anyone [at Zenimax] and do not wish to impose my views on others).

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inb4 the lock
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool goodbye post...I quit a while back myself because I was addicted lol...here I am again, relapsing...

Also in before they close the thread
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    inb4 the lock

^^
    Why do you think this will get locked though? It's really quite harmless :smile: .
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kthenbai :smiley:
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • boyteco_ESO
    boyteco_ESO
    ✭✭
    Goodbye threads aren’t allowed in forums. Sorry to see you go and best of luck wherever you find yourself in the future.
    Inb4lock.
  • ANGEL_BtVS
    ANGEL_BtVS
    ✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farewell my dear Orc :heart:
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In before the lock whew........
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    As is our policy we have closed this thread. We understand that sometimes people will leave the ESO community, and want to post a "Farewell" thread. Generally, we have found that threads like this have a tendency to go downhill fast so we close them, regardless of whether they are constructive or not.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.