Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The main problem of the new off balance system for console.

MCBIZZLE300
MCBIZZLE300
✭✭✭✭✭
In order to see when off balance proccs on console to ''predict and prepare for'' you need to have combat numbers on. creating horrific lag even for people with the best connections.
  • BlanketFort
    BlanketFort
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could also only just turn on outgoing crowd control under the combat text settings and leave everything else off.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all combat text on and suffer no major issues. All buff trackers on. No major issues.

This is in keep battles where large numbers of each faction are at one keep.

Since making the switch to xbox1x and external ssd I have almost no major performance game issues. The issues I do have are minor and do not get in the way of my game play.

XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Szane
    Szane
    Soul Shriven
    Defilted wrote: »
    I have all combat text on and suffer no major issues. All buff trackers on.

Same. No problems
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    I have all combat text on and suffer no major issues. All buff trackers on. No major issues.

This is in keep battles where large numbers of each faction are at one keep.

Since making the switch to xbox1x and external ssd I have almost no major performance game issues. The issues I do have are minor and do not get in the way of my game play.

Many of us who have the Xbox One X and an external SSD with ESO on it still have multiple game performance issues including FPS drops and crashes to the dashboard after the stuttering sound in Cyrodiil and DLC areas as well as certain trials such as MoL and HoF.

These are not network issues as I have done countless hours of troubleshooting.

Just because you are not having issues doesn't mean that countless others are not.

Anyways in terms of OP, would be nice if the Off-balance text could be changed to a different color now that it is so important to know exactly when it is up.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have combat text on Xbox one and have no issues with it at all.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To all the people who love to post on any thread about performance issues with some "well I don't have any issues" ... good for you. Woop-dee-doo. No one cares.

I've got an X1X with ESO on SSD, hard-wired to a 200mbit/50mbit connection, and I have issues. Not as bad as when I was on the old XB with a magnetic disk but I still suffer massive frame drops and input lag in Cyrodiil and vHoF and I have crashed multiple times recently on Rakkhat on vMoL HM.

To OP: yes, you are absolutely right. One of many reasons the Off Balance changes in this patch are just as dumb as ZOS's typical balance changes.
    Edited by LiquidPony on January 31, 2018 6:06PM
  • CromulentForumID
    CromulentForumID
    ✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    To all the people who love to post on any thread about performance issues with some "well I don't have any issues" ... good for you. Woop-dee-doo. No one cares.

I've got an X1X with ESO on SSD, hard-wired to a 200mbit/50mbit connection, and I have issues. Not as bad as when I was on the old XB with a magnetic disk but I still suffer massive frame drops and input lag in Cyrodiil and vHoF and I have crashed multiple times recently on Rakkhat on vMoL HM.

To OP: yes, you are absolutely right. One of many reasons the Off Balance changes in this patch are just as dumb as ZOS's typical balance changes.

But are those problems caused by the combat numbers being on? Or do they become a lot worse when the numbers are on?

I think people are taking issue with the conclusion that having those numbers on will definitely cause problems for people. It seems like a pretty definite cause/effect statement in the OP.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

But are those problems caused by the combat numbers being on? Or do they become a lot worse when the numbers are on?

I think people are taking issue with the conclusion that having those numbers on will definitely cause problems for people. It seems like a pretty definite cause/effect statement in the OP.

Performance improves significantly and crashes reduce significantly the more features you turn off.

Our main tank runs vMoL HM with everything off except attribute bars ... sound, ability bars, combat text, buff trackers, etc are all turned off. At the very least he is virtually guaranteed to crash multiple times in vMoL if combat text and buff trackers are on.

Whether or not combat text or anything else is the definitive cause of the issue is essentially impossible to prove on console, and it's beside the point anyway, I just don't see the purpose of the "I don't have any issues" comments when it's pretty well-established that there are a plethora of performance issues on console.
    Edited by LiquidPony on January 31, 2018 6:29PM
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    mcb123 wrote: »
    In order to see when off balance proccs on console to ''predict and prepare for'' you need to have combat numbers on. creating horrific lag even for people with the best connections.
    They're making bigger and more obvious off-balance animations, instead of the little swirly circle we have on live, so combat text shouldn't be needed. If the PTS animation isn't big enough, that's a different story and you should give feedback on that.

Boss off-balance will be on a 20 second cycle in an optimised group - 5 on, 15 off - so you should be able to build a rotation around that.
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account