Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Request to improve Mages Guild Leggings Uniform appearance

logarifmik
logarifmik
✭✭✭✭✭
Greetings, comrades!

Recently I've got the Mages Guild Leggings Uniform from the free Crown crates. Overall it's a decent mage costume, possibly one of the best we can see in the main game if you ask me, but two things bothering me since I first saw it.

First, those clumsy looking pieces on the waist tassets, which dangle while moving (check image under the spoiler). Many in-game costumes/armors have this feature, and it's true, I'm not a fan of it, but here it's just looks ludicrous. Likewise, considering forthcoming major customization feature, very similar to this particular costume can be easily created by players, which makes it futile. I think, removing tassets will make costume more exclusive and esthetically pleasant.
0EL6zBi.jpg
Second, clipping with a staff sheathed. Another MG costume, namely Mages Guild Formal Robes, doesn't have such issue. Again, one can see what I'm talking here about on the pictures below. I suggest to fix it as well.
0DFPS4O.jpgy2kCgss.jpg
Edited by logarifmik on January 31, 2018 1:47PM
EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd like the hip sheilds removed. I really like the outfit aside from that.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think that's bad you should see how they butchered the dye Color Pattern on the Female version...
  • Baracuta
    Baracuta
    ✭✭✭
    Just so ya'll know, those "Hip shields" are called tassets.

But yeah, they so gotta go on this costume.
    Outfit Slots are outrageously expensive. No, thank you.
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would the tassets be removed? The costume mimics how Mages Guild NPCs look and they have tassets.
    Edited by PrinceShroob on January 31, 2018 2:06PM
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would the tassets be removed? The costume mimics how Mages Guild NPCs look and they have tassets.
    Why not remove them on NPCs as well?

@Baracuta, term "tassets" is barely applicable here, by the way. It's not a plate armor they wear, right? But still it sounds better than "pieces" or "hip shields". Thank you for this word, didn't know it.
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logarifmik wrote: »

So you're asking for the tassets to be removed from Ancient Elf robes and jerkins? I use these costumes to blend in with other Mages Guild members and I'd hate to be the odd one out. The shoulders are different, yes, but hopefully we'll be able to hide those eventually.

• logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you're asking for the tassets to be removed from Ancient Elf robes and jerkins? I use these costumes to blend in with other Mages Guild members and I'd hate to be the odd one out. The shoulders are different, yes, but hopefully we'll be able to hide those eventually.
    No, I asking for making MG costumes not just a set of well-know motifs, but something that players can't get with forthcoming appearance system, something that will make such costumes look more exclusive. I mean, yeah, these shoulders are unobtainable, well... The main reason is that tassets look here out of place, in my humble opinion, and in my humble opinion costume will look much better without those.
  • Baracuta
    Baracuta
    ✭✭✭

@Baracuta, term "tassets" is barely applicable here, by the way. It's not a plate armor they wear, right? But still it sounds better than "pieces" or "hip shields". Thank you for this word, didn't know it.

I'm not quite certain if it's exclusive to plate armour, but I can't seem to find another term for it. I am fairly certain, however, that non-plate tassets were never actually a thing in real life, except for maybe leather. Cloth tassets...Yeah, pretty sure those never existed.
    Outfit Slots are outrageously expensive. No, thank you.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Mages Guild outfits have had floating and clipping issues with the shawl and front flap since Dark Brotherhood and Homestead respectively, I've feedbacked it a lot. It's such a shame because I adore those robes on my main, but it bothers me to see the floating shawl that cuts his hair/staff partly off or the front flap that keeps clipping through the skirt so I don't wear them.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baracuta wrote: »
    Just so ya'll know, those "Hip shields" are called tassets.

But yeah, they so gotta go on this costume.

Thank you, didn't know what else to call them. Learnt something new today :D
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as I am concerned I would love ALL tassets to go the way of the dodo, save maybe a few exceptions on plate heavy armor where they actually make sense and look good.
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    I have a hair-clipping issue with epaulets on these costumes and I was hoping they could be hidden with the hood (since NPCs have the same costume with no shoulders), but oh well.
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • rune476
    rune476
    ✭✭✭
    While i dont mind the cloth tasset/hip shield thingies, i do mind the shoulder piece clipping staves and other 2 handed weapons.

Why it clips on both the robe-less mages guild and the normal mages guild robes i do not know. As far as i know there is no way to get the shoulder style as it is unique to mages guild robes and for some reason king jorunn.
    Im not your pal, beeko.
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate tassets from all sets and costumes. I d prefer cloaks
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 2:13AM
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Those are hip guards to protect against blows.
    Piece of cloth have matchless protective qualities, sure. :) As it was said above, in real medieval armor "hip guards" is well-know feature and correct term for it is "tassets", yet it was used only for plate kind of armor, with few rare exceptions, maybe. Which makes sense, because in other occasions it's redudant, especially if we talk about cloth armor, like gambeson for example. In case of this particular costume it protects nothing, looks inappropriate and rather ugly.