Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – June 26, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dive change

Domander
Domander
✭✭✭✭✭
Dive: The damage from this ability and its morphs can now be dodged.

Mechanically doesn't this make it a crappier and slower force shock? (that does magic damage).
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It needed to be done. 4 birds and you were dead.

I think the animation now needs shortening perhaps just an upward thrust of the hand rather than a swing, if its a bird it knows what to do.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metafae wrote: »
    I would like them to make magwarden good in pve though. As they are now, they might as well just not exist.

ZOS doesn't have any excuses left for why they can't do it. I will be extremely disappointed if we don't get major PvE buffs next patch. The class is a joke in PvE in its current state, and has been ever since it released.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 30, 2018 4:41AM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Respect to all skilled Wardens who dont whine about a reasonable adjustment, rather shrug it off because they can rely on their skill.

How about you adjust Dragon Knights ZOS?
    You know where they excel.
    You know where they eat dirt.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on January 30, 2018 5:02AM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »

Mechanically doesn't this make it a crappier and slower force shock? (that does magic damage).

Yep. No burning, no chilled, no concussed, no interruption. Just damage if you hit.
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically, slotting Screaming Cliff Racer increases the damage of your other skills through Advanced Species passive, so there's that.

More utility from your spammable (Force Shock), or more damage from your other skills instead of utility (Screaming Cliff Racer)?

Short-term band-aid solution if anything but that's my view of the current state of the spammables of Warden.
    Edited by FlamingBeard on January 30, 2018 6:47AM
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorta. It also won't proc burning, concussion and maim.

Poultry Strike needs to be drastically changed now.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would personally pick the status effects from using forcepulse/crushing shock 7 days/week. Status effects are crazy strong.
    WTB a non-bugged werewolf for at least one patch
    (PC/EU)
    Probably the worst Werewolf on PC/EU

Characters:
    EU
    DC - Octius Ciel - Magicka Sorcerer - Breton
    DC - Evelina Septim - Magicka Templar - Breton
    EP - Josephine Tharn - Magicka Templar - Breton
    DC - Zireael the White Flame - Stamina Sorcerer - Bosmer
    EP - Qbi-One-Kenobi - (Previously Tankus Maximus II) - Argonian
    AD - Anconeus - Magicka Nightblade - High Elf
    EP - Cirilla Élen Riannon - Magica Dragonknight - Dark Elf
    AD - The Cub of Cintra - Stamina Nightblade - Redguard
    AD - Alinare Larentius - Magicka Templar - High Elf
    DC - The Alt-Knight - Stamina Dragonknight - Nord
    DC - Féreldir - Magicka Warden - Argonian
    AD - Kuvirá - Stamina Sorcerer - Redguard
    EP - 1vX Material - Stamina Warden - Orc
    EP - Fenrir the Windwalker - Stamina Sorcerer - Orc
    EP - Q_Q Mancer Stamina Necromancer - Orc

NA
    EP - Sister Q - Stamina Sorcerer - Nord

Trials
    vAA + HM: Completed
    vHRC + HM: Completed
    vSO + HM: Completed
    vMoL+ HM: Completed
    vMA: Completed, and with 10 characters as Flawless Conquerors.
    vDSA: Completed
    vAS HM: Completed
    vHoF + HM: Completed
    vCR +1
    vBRP
  • Liam12548
    Liam12548
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only play medium armor stam classes. I personally feel that the nerf was necessary, however hat being said the stamina morph now requires a second effect. As of right now, it is by far the easiest projectile to avoid in the game and has no extra morph effect, such as the damage increase at range that the magicka version has.

Also, stam morph of swarm please.
    Edited by Liam12548 on January 30, 2018 3:02PM
    React Faster - XB NA - Solo & Small scale PvP player

1400+ CP

Characters (All AP earned Solo or in groups smaller than 5/BG's)
    Heal R - AD Orc Templar - AR 50
    Flee's - AD Orc Blade - AR 35 - Played as both mag and stam
    Or Sorc - AD Orc Sorcerer - AR 36 - Played as both mag and stam
    Bearenstein - AD Nord Warden - AR 26 - Played as both mag and stam
    Heel'Ar - AD Nord Dragonknight - AR 25
    Your Dad's Dad - AD Breton Dragonknight - AR 23
    Second Class Citizen - DC Breton Templar - AR 25
    Necropheyele - AD Nord Necromancer - AR 12

PvE
    45k DSA 2 dps 1 heal 1 tank
    60k vBRP 2dps 1 heal 1 tank
    Trashcan stamNB in V/O & spriggans - 50k DPS

Content
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    I only play medium armor stam classes. I personally feel that the nerf was necessary, however hat being said the stamina morph now requires a second effect. As of right now, it is by far the easiest projectile to avoid in the game and has no extra morph effect, such as the damage increase at range that the magicka version has.

Also, stam morph of swarm please.

Just the opposite of what should have happen... Mag got nerfed and you ask for a stamina buff. My stam warden is beast mode... idc about birds for him because stam warden is already ikn an OP state, but mag warden is definitely not in an OP. Guess we will see what happens. If they continue to underperform LOS will buff the hell out of something and break it.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OK.

Say we listen to the others, and speed up the projectile. What do you get. A crappier, less effects version of force pulse. Now because of the delay it can be used in combo with shalks and pulse. Don't take away the unique aspect.
    Edited by ak_pvp on January 30, 2018 3:13PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly undodgeable abilities that can't be blocked are just stupid. Yeah the constant roll dodge players and the rock jumpers are a pain and perhaps that was the intent of this ability but all it has become in pvp is just idiots spamming birds and laughing because it's a "I win" button. The ideal behind skill is to be able to counter abilities not simply spam them.

When Wardens were first introduced we took a group of 15 through low level pvp and everyone just spammed birds at anything and everything. It was OP than and its OP now. just change it to be blockable and the world will continue on its normal path towards balance.
    noun An·a·sa·zi \ˌä-nə-ˈsä-zē\
    Dominion Knights
    AD NA PC
    PVP Guild (East Coast Prime Time)
    http://DominionKnights.info
    (Come laugh with us, You know you want to....)
    Guild Leader
    @Draconise
    Plato, "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.... Music is a moral law.... Human behavior flows from three main sources: desire, emotion, and knowledge.... You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    Honestly undodgeable abilities that can't be blocked are just stupid. Yeah the constant roll dodge players and the rock jumpers are a pain and perhaps that was the intent of this ability but all it has become in pvp is just idiots spamming birds and laughing because it's a "I win" button. The ideal behind skill is to be able to counter abilities not simply spam them.

When Wardens were first introduced we took a group of 15 through low level pvp and everyone just spammed birds at anything and everything. It was OP than and its OP now. just change it to be blockable and the world will continue on its normal path towards balance.

It was/is blockable, what are you talking about?
    Blocking was it's hard counter but people still whine because they were too lame to block.
    Toon list:
    PC NA:
    Chip Ahoy: Magicka Templar khajiit WW healer and crafter of metals, clothes, leather and wood
    Rose Scale: Magicka Nightblade argonian WW DPS and 'evil' toon (steals stuff from barrels)
    Snip Ahoy: Stamina Dragonknight khajiit WW tank
    Walks-Through-Corn: Magicka Templar argonian Vampire tank and also cooks food
    Snowy Kitten: Magicka Sorcerer khajiit WW healer and also makes glyphs
    Valerie Ahoy: Stamina Nightblade khajiit WW DPS/tank
    Mixes-With-Mud: Stamina Warden khajiit WW DPS and also mixes potions
    Tyrenan: Magicka Warden khajiit healer
    Always-Brings-Light: Magicka Dragonknight argonian WW DPS
    Howls-At-Moons: Stamina Warden argonian WW healer
    Giggles-At-Everything: Stamina Sorc argonian WW DPS
    Hugger-Of-Griffons: Stamina DK argonian WW poison focused DPS and ring/necklace crafter.

Wishlist from ZOS: Chestnut Unicorn mount and the Lilmothiit race, would definitely pay 10K crowns or even 20K crowns for it.

• Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like them to make magwarden good in pve though. As they are now, they might as well just not exist.

ZOS doesn't have any excuses left for why they can't do it. I will be extremely disappointed if we don't get major PvE buffs next patch. The class is a joke in PvE in its current state, and has been ever since it released.

Yeah they do.. much of the current team wasnt even around or had anything to do with the development of the warden. Thats why the class is ass.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play magwarden in pvp and this change is something I knew was coming and am ok with. I did think the birds were too strong.

^^^100% this

It was annoying when I PvPed on Warden because those undodgeable birds are inherently OP and hardcounter certain builds. It was not satisfying in the slightest to kill a Medium Armor build with them. Can’t believe there are people who supported it from the start.

In PvE, Wardens (both Mag and Stam.... mainly Mag) need a lot of help. I think that buffs have been delayed because the PvP crowd’s qq would’ve been tremendous if it happened while they were already so great in PvP.

I look forward to the day that I can use Mag Warden in PvE effectively and *without* Eternal Guardian for MA proc spam.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »

No not really. Took me 5 min to throw together a Mag Warden on PTS to show comparison with skills actually scaled to level.
    JQMdmaZ.png

I compared Screaming Cliff Racer vs Force Pulse just to account for maximum damage bonuses. This is irrelevant for most purposes as every Mag Warden is going to be running Screaming Cliff Racer not the other morph, as well as accounting for Crushing Shock's interrupt is much easier than estimating the possible additional damage scaling of Force Pulse.

Cost:
    FP: 2241
    SCR: 2018

Damage:
    FP: 4896 + any status effect damage + 1906 to additional targets if afflicted by burning/chilled/concussed
    SCR: 5622 +15% if near max range.

Range: 28m for both.

FP is 223 magicka more and does 726 less damage base. FP has powerful status effect's, but you are not guaranteed to proc them. SCR can do as much as 1569 more if at range, and is delayed which allows it to be lined up with other forms of burst, ie Deep Fissure+Ultimate.

They are very different with both having advantages, being dodgeable doesn't kill SCR, it is too cheap and can be cast too often for people to dodge roll them all. If a player is dodgerolling SCR exclusively they are likely wasting stamina, Deep Fissure is not dodgeable as well as many ultimates that can be combined with it.

I personally do not think this change will have any great effect on Mag Wardens in PVP, if you were relying on SCR being undodgeable then you weren't very good to begin with. The majority of what makes wardens strong in PVP remains, this is simply a small adjustment that benefits medium builds slightly.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »

Definitely been blockable for quite a while now. I do agree though and I play Warden, that the change is fine but they really do need to make some adjustments for Wardens in PvE.
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Althrimir- High Elf Sorcerer
    Daemog gro-Khazgur- Orc DK
    Althrimir Agarwen- High Elf NB
    Althreeza- Argonian Templar
    Maharic Laveash- High Elf Warden
    Caelia Althrilius- Imperial Sorc tank
    Yalinwe the Unborn- Lowbie Stamcro

Ebonheart Pact
    Althrimir Vorsaris- High Elf Magsorc Former Emp
    Alvika Ice-Wolf- Breton Magden
    Ermac Tomas- Dunmer Templar
    Krasen-Milith Azsar- Nord stamden
    Jormiskr- lowbie dunmer DK
    Boney-Tail- Khajiit tank lowbie
    Jovorick Carington- Lowbie Breton Necromancer
    Haunted Luigi Board- Lowbie Argonian Magcro

Daggerfall Covenant
    Toasty Tail- lowbie DC
    Dharek Tae Achel- lowbie Stamplar

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Birds being both higher-damaging and undodgeable was pretty strong. All magdens should have seen this coming. Birds are probs still good to use, but on my magden, I'd be using force pulse now.
    I will kick everyone's butt, even my own.

PC NA
    CP 1200+
    Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP August Palatine - Flawless Conqueror
    Falls-With-Stars - Argonian Magicka Templar - AD - Former Empress - Voice of Reason
    vMA/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR
    Dragon-in-Shadows - Argonian Magicka Nightblade - Shadow Breaker
    Eossos - Khajiit Magicka Templar
    Death-Singer - Argonian Magicka Nightblade
    Dark-Star - Khajiit Magicka Dragonknight
    Ice-Dancer - Khajiit Magicka Warden
    Tsalli-ko - Khajiit Stamina Sorcerer
    Sings-to-Starlight - Argonian Magicka Warden