Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Meaning of symbols on Inventory Items

Zalaan
Zalaan
Hi - I am new to ESO and I am trying to find out what the coloured symbols are that showup on items in my bag and bank. Some are discernible such as the 'deconstruct' logo (advising to deconstruct), and the 'money' logo (advising to sell). However some are less clear eg. a little magnifying glass on some items that can be researched, but not on other items (such as the little blue flame-like symbol compared to the little yellow flame-like symbol. I have tried to turn on/off my addons one by one to see if it is an addon that does this, but no success so far.
I cannot seems to find a list of these meanings anywhere in my internet searching - does one exist?
Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

PS. Just to confirm - am I correct in thinking that presently if jewellery does not have a sell price it should be destroyed as it cannot be deconstructed
  • Psyonico
    Psyonico
    ✭✭✭
    Why destroy jewelery? Sell it and get the small amount of gold.

The magnifying glass means you can research it on that character.

I'm not familiar with flames.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The blue flame is a traited item that can be researched for crafting, or sold to players.

edit: no the blue flame is for intricate items, sry. that means it boosts crafting exp., can be sold to players.
    Edited by radiostar on January 30, 2018 10:36PM
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • gminkalis_ESO
    gminkalis_ESO
    ✭✭
    The little blue flame is a dungeon item that is only tradable for a few hours to the group you ran the dungeon with, then it becomes bind to player.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think since ZOS put a trait tracker in the UI recently, that we see these as part of the stock UI. I wish it was a toggle as I only have two crafters and no desire to research traits on other characters.

BTW, that symbol that denotes money is for Ornate Items, the ones that sell for about 280% of the base price. You should not find any set jewelry that has this symbol, but there is the odd set item that has it. Lady Laurent and Stibbons in Glenumbra is one source of an ornate set item.

I always keep Purple Jewelry, even if I am not using the set as ZOS changes things and some sets come back into favor. Jewelry is the hardest to get of all the set items. Weapons used to be, until we could change traits, now they are just difficult.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to know exactly what each symbol means, as I can't find an image online, you should be able to just float your mouse over it and it will tell you.

I think it is thus

Magnifying Glass Trait you can research
    Flame looking thing Intricate gives more inspiration on decon
    Coin Looking thing Ornate and sells for more

There is also a symbol for something when the trait was changed, have no idea what that is as I have yet to change a trait.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Retraited items have like a white pinwheel type icon.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transmute is the ninja star
  • Zalaan
    Zalaan
    Thanks for the responses folks :)

I worked some more out - green star of recipes I can learn; yellow flame on items that can be researched, but I already have the trait.
    'Life's learning never ends' (even for old coggers like me)!
    Edited by Zalaan on January 31, 2018 1:21AM