Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remove cp completely from pvp

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks.

All of our classes have been hit with huge nerfs because of CP system. Taking away CP and leaving the nerfs means were just playing neutered classes with mechanics intended and balanced for CP.

This player gets it
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Won't happen. If you look at the no CP campaign one faction has emp and all scrolls and more pop and rolls over everything. No CP campaign is less balanced then the CP campaign. The CP campaign pop locks which is why I play it. It is numerically fair even if you have to come up with builds out of thin air if your CP is low to compensate. CP exists so people not at the CP cap have to do a bunch of math to normalize their build with the CP cap. People at the CP cap likely have an unconscious feeling of carnal superiority over lower CP players which is why they want it. They might throw out fringe arguments for CP but that is the real base reason.
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ruckly wrote: »
    Won't happen. If you look at the no CP campaign one faction has emp and all scrolls and more pop and rolls over everything. No CP campaign is less balanced then the CP campaign. The CP campaign pop locks which is why I play it. It is numerically fair even if you have to come up with builds out of thin air if your CP is low to compensate. CP exists so people not at the CP cap have to do a bunch of math to normalize their build with the CP cap. People at the CP cap likely have an unconscious feeling of carnal superiority over lower CP players which is why they want it. They might throw out fringe arguments for CP but that is the real base reason.

There is some irony in the above paragraph. I likely post replies because my intellect is CP 690 even though I think I do it to advance a topic towards a common consensus or towards uncommon agreement so a truth is realized.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There is some irony in the above paragraph. I likely post replies because my intellect is CP 690 even though I think I do it to advance a topic towards a common consensus or towards uncommon agreement so a truth is realized.

Your posts are a dizzying mix of Google translate and that of a cross-eyed, mad scientist.

They generally don’t make sense, other than to you.

Bless your heart.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No scrub
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The biggest problem with CPs is that the server works extra hard to calculate more diverse variables because people are at increasingly different numbers. These increasing complex calculations along with outdated servers causes all the lag. CPs should stay because people grinded a long time to earn their CP cap. I recommend they upgrade to better servers so they can handle growing populations. One of the main reasons people stay away from pvp is because the lag creates an unplayable environment. Not everyone is playing on top end rigs. Mid tier and lower tier rigs can't handle the lag at all. Who wants to play in that lag?
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would argue that people leave the non CP campaigns because it's a ghost town, which = no fun (that's why I don't play on them). It really is night and day between the 2 campaigns, the CP campaign being packed full.

People/guilds aren't leaving because they get owned without any help from CPs. The good players in CP campaigns imo, would be just as good in the non CP campaigns
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    No CP is crazy good in my opinion. It’s sad people crutch CP campaigns.

It's sad people crutch no-CP campaigns.

@badmojo can you explain how playing without cp is a crutch? Very interested to hear. Cp amplifies skill level, increased healing, mitigation, damage, sustain, blocking, debuffs, etc. How is removing all that, adding a crutch? In fact it's much more clear what sets are truly overperforming in no cp (remember when proc sets were super cool?)

Perhaps I have it all wrong.

It removes it from all your enemies too.
    The Moot Councillor
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nonCP died with the sustain changes. Move on
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@badmojo can you explain how playing without cp is a crutch? Very interested to hear. Cp amplifies skill level, increased healing, mitigation, damage, sustain, blocking, debuffs, etc. How is removing all that, adding a crutch? In fact it's much more clear what sets are truly overperforming in no cp (remember when proc sets were super cool?)

It's clear which sets are overperforming in non-cp because the CP factors have been eliminated, not because it's more balanced or skill based.

Why is no-cp a crutch? Because you don't have to worry about CP. You don't have to worry about facing opponents who have allocated their CP in clever ways. You also don't have to find clever ways to use your own CP. There is less build diversity in non-cp, therefore you are facing a less diverse pool of opponents, which makes it an easier experience.

Also, a lot of people advise newer players to go into the no-CP campaign, which lowers the quality of player you are likely to face. The population also plays a part in the difficulty of a campaign, less dedicated PVPers, & PVEers will flock to no-cp because the hardcore PVPers want to stick to the one with the most population.

This game isn't entirely about player skill, it's also about working out the best build for your role & playstyle. If you choose to ignore that part of the game and just focus on the skill part, that's fine, but understand that most people aren't going to follow suit, therefore you will always be playing on a lesser playing field, measuring yourself against a lesser pool of players.
    [DC/NA]
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a L2P problem (and a ZoS balancing problem)
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's clear which sets are overperforming in non-cp because the CP factors have been eliminated, not because it's more balanced or skill based.

Why is no-cp a crutch? Because you don't have to worry about CP. You don't have to worry about facing opponents who have allocated their CP in clever ways. You also don't have to find clever ways to use your own CP. There is less build diversity in non-cp, therefore you are facing a less diverse pool of opponents, which makes it an easier experience.

Also, a lot of people advise newer players to go into the no-CP campaign, which lowers the quality of player you are likely to face. The population also plays a part in the difficulty of a campaign, less dedicated PVPers, & PVEers will flock to no-cp because the hardcore PVPers want to stick to the one with the most population.

This game isn't entirely about player skill, it's also about working out the best build for your role & playstyle. If you choose to ignore that part of the game and just focus on the skill part, that's fine, but understand that most people aren't going to follow suit, therefore you will always be playing on a lesser playing field, measuring yourself against a lesser pool of players.

I don’t buy that CP automatically ensures you play the best of the best or that only mooks and scrubs are in Non CP.

“Clever use of CP”. I like that.

Pure skill brah.

-Berj Stoneheart
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t buy that CP automatically ensures you play the best of the best or that only mooks and scrubs are in Non CP.

Pure skill brah.

I never said only mooks and scrubs are in non-cp. Mooks and scrubs are in every campaign, and good players do play in non-cp. What I said was that CP as a whole, is more professional than non-CP due to multiple reasons. Good basketball players play college basketball, but the NBA is still widely considered the best of the best.
    [DC/NA]
  • Caine_Carver
    Caine_Carver
    Soul Shriven
    As an avid player of both....CP is a huge crutch. Non CP campaigns make people think about their builds and make choices.

Not find the most unbalanced sets, then augment it by CP.

That is sort of my point, the ability to understand gear and setups becomes even more important in no cp campaigns so the inexperienced player is even more at a disadvantage. In Truth, they just need to pay the dues and get the cps like everyone else instead of thinking the lack of cp is their problem.
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭

Your posts are a dizzying mix of Google translate and that of a cross-eyed, mad scientist.

They generally don’t make sense, other than to you.

Bless your heart.

georg-wilhelm-friedrich-hegel-3.jpg
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More like “remove CP from ESO entirely”. The system has never worked properly.

@Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hecks no - took me a long time to collect some of the BiS gear and max my cp...

I like fighting folks with half my cp - it makes me feel good about myself :#
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pure skill brah.

I can teach you how to be great in No-CP pvp with 3 steps if you are already skilled at the game.
    1.) Play stamina (no cp is hugely bias towards stamina bow tards)
    2.)Put on proc sets like viper or red mountain and couple them with a high sustain set like eternal hunt or bone pirates.
    3.) Put on cost poisons on your bow slot, make sure to proc them by spamming poison inject before you go in.
    Profit
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no thanks
    game isn't balanced for either version, but at least with CP I can try to fight against some of the horrible design issues
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have tested "no cp" in campaigns before to see if that made any difference to lag

Made zero difference
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pure skill brah.

Wrong
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »

Pure skill brah.

Wrong

Oh I know. :)
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol no CP or CP, it does not make much difference as far as playing goes. If you are low on CP, time to grind it up. Everyone else who started ever since 1.6 have done it. What's stopping you from gaining it? And the game is balanced around CP. Not non-CP. Been that way ever since they mentioned the concept of it. Even in non-CP your skill level stays the same. Non-CP also tends to only favor gankers, and those who sit on the siege all day long. Imbalance shows much more in non-CP environment since procs and poison are much more effective
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on January 31, 2018 4:31AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • BrockofPercival
    BrockofPercival
    ✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    If...if they want to separate PVP and PVE.

The best way to do it would be to have two different cp systems.. one fore PVE and one for PVP.

Your abilities would all work the same just the passives would all be different.

This.

There should be 2 tree lines. That would solve a lot of issues.

2nd, there should simply be no-cp 4v4v4, no-cp duels. No idea why this is not the case.
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised at the aggressive ignorance about noCP PvP in this thread.

Stepping into Vivec as a noCP PvPer feels like playing rugby on a pillow.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    This is just not happening for such obvious reasons. Do not like CP you have a no CP campaign and BGs so it seems it is just fine. Odd someone would make such a statement yet back it up with no information as to why they think that way.

BTW, one of the obvious reasons is look at the non CP campaign vs CP campaigns. Most seem to choose to play Cyrodiil with CP by a great margin.

Because alot of players dont know how to play without cp.

As far as reasoning the whole power creep thing seems to be an obvious one. Have pvp completely no cp plus battle spirit would be an effective way to seperate pve and pvp balance.

But people need their precious cp so here we are.

It is an assumption based on empty wishes that there are players who do not know how to play without CP.

Additionally, any power creep due to CP in Cyrodiil is equal so it is not very relevant to the topic.

The last comment seems more based on salt than anything else.

Do not like PvP with CP then choose the non-CP claim. Nothing you said here supports the idea that all PvP should be without CP.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks.

All of our classes have been hit with huge nerfs because of CP system. Taking away CP and leaving the nerfs means were just playing neutered classes with mechanics intended and balanced for CP.
    We all know Zos to lazy to revert those nerfs if they removed CP.
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve often thought that removing cp would be a good idea in the case of pvp. New players are forced to grind for SO long, especially if they are only casual players, if they want to be competitive. However, I feel that cp isn’t a bad thing, the game is balanced around it rn. The problem is that many 690 cp players can rely on their cp to win a fight against a 160 cp player for example. At that margin, skill is kind of overshadowed by simple stats. I think that there should be cp campaigns for certain ranges of cp. I have some ideas about this but it would take a long time to type so I’ll save it.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get it now you a bad player got it.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

I get it now you a bad player got it.

You are correct... I a bad player. I never claimed otherwise. But that doesnt make what I said false.
    [DC/NA]