The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS, a good occasion to throw in more bug fixes... or not?

Octopuss
Octopuss
✭✭✭✭✭
Shouldn't new update on PTS contain as many bugfixes for stuff that was reported in past? It's the best way to have as many people as possible test this.
And yet... it doesn't seem to be the case.
I reported a few things that consistently happen 100% of the time, and after several months, still absolutely nothing. Like this, this, or maybe this.

What's up with this, @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ? Could you perhaps explain the approach to bugs that are clearly reproducible, and yet still not fixed after relatively long time?
Edited by Octopuss on January 29, 2018 4:07PM
  • VoiDGhOs7
    VoiDGhOs7
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are still bugs that are here since beta and theres no eta on fixing. In majority of cases they dont know how to fix them most of times and when they try things end up even worse, just look at Clouding Swarm which became useless. Its a lost cause, took them almost four years to remove the aoe caps again.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus... :(
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have said it before and I will say it again;

The pts is mainly for finding out if your current exploits still work amd making suree they dont get fixed. It is also used to find new exploits to use to get an unfair advantage.

But, hey, that's my view
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only been playing the game since august, so I guess I still have pink glasses on.
    But it's Bethesda we're talking about here. I know what they did (didn't do) with Skyrim, so I should have known better.
  • VoiDGhOs7
    VoiDGhOs7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    I've only been playing the game since august, so I guess I still have pink glasses on.
    But it's Bethesda we're talking about here. I know what they did (didn't do) with Skyrim, so I should have known better.

Its not Bethesda, its Zenimax, even though both companies are known for making games full with bugs then try fix them after launch but in the end most of them get fixed by the modders community for free. If it wasn't for modders youll probably still be stuck somewhere in Skyrim or the Wastelands in Fallout.
    Edited by VoiDGhOs7 on January 29, 2018 4:51PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ZoS studios is way different from Bethesda... Bethesda has done nothing for this game and it's quite unlikely they do anything besides lending some lore...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS=Bethesda. Basically.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

ZoS studios is way different from Bethesda... Bethesda has done nothing for this game and it's quite unlikely they do anything besides lending some lore...

I think its a comparison to how bugs are in this game. I mean it took years to fix characters being locked out of companion quests unless using console commands in skyrim. Which sucked for me as an 360 player at the time.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you logged tickets for your bugs? Not just forum posts?

Also there are some pretty big bugs in the game play they are working sadly npc lip sync, special language characters are probably low demand / low priority items sadly for you.

And yes most PTS players go there to find their meta setup for go live rather than test.. :(
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »

I think its a comparison to how bugs are in this game. I mean it took years to fix characters being locked out of companion quests unless using console commands in skyrim. Which sucked for me as an 360 player at the time.

Actually I think the bugs here are much worse... they keep on adding new stuff and the interaction with all stuff creates more bugs...

In simple words: spaghetti code
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique