Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Outfit dying is NOT free for ESO plus members?...

Thealteregoroman
Thealteregoroman
✭✭✭✭✭
but my costume is?

giphy.gif

I don't get why we must be charged for outfit dying...when I can change colors on my costumes whenever I want...free...

I can also change colors on my crafted gear...free...

as long as I have ESO PLUS...

giphy.gif

Something is not adding up here for me...

so as a community we need to "come together, right now...over me" and discuss how this slipped through the cracks

So how you feelin, what you think?

giphy.gif

This can't launch with this update...

giphy.gif
****Master Healer...****
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but my costume is?

I don't get why we must be charged for outfit dying...when I can change colors on my costumes whenever I want...free...

I haven't really been following this. Do you have a link good sir?
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because they want to 'encourage' people to buy outfit change tokens instead of blowing a bunch of gold to use the new nice styles and best dyes. As with any company - follow the money.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why they are charging at all. You know how much money I've spent learning all those motifs? You know how much time I've spent pickpocketing NPCs, doing trials, doing dailies, and how much AP I've spent ALL to get MOTIFS?? In addition, I've been a plus member sinch 2015!! I've paid enough. #makecraftinggreatagain
    Edited by Sweetpea704 on January 24, 2018 9:17PM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have liked it to be free for everyone, but sadly it's not up to me.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LadyLavina wrote: »
    but my costume is?

I haven't really been following this. Do you have a link good sir?

@LadyDestiny It was said in this stream...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDbzTZDflC8&t=2795s

He says it at 43:05
    Edited by Thealteregoroman on January 24, 2018 9:21PM
    ****Master Healer...****
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I can be honest.
    Why are you and anyone else OK paying for ESO plus to dye something you already paid for??? Never made any sense but definately wouldn’t ask to pay double

bzuc5.jpg

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 24, 2018 9:20PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So they are rolling back how it works right now?

Shady...
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why they are charging at all. You know how much money I've spent learning all those motifs? You know how much time I've spent pickpocketing NPCs, doing trials, doing dailies, and how much AP I've spent ALL to get MOTIFS?? In addition, I've been a plus member sinch 2015!! I've paid enough. #makecraftinggreatagain

@Sweetpea704 same here!

giphy.gif
    ****Master Healer...****
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they are rolling back how it works right now?

Shady...

No, the OP is touching on the new feature that allows players to “craft” a cosmetic slot. It costs gold, costumes remain unchanged.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 24, 2018 9:25PM
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I can be honest.
    Why are you and anyone else OK paying for ESO plus to dye something you already paid for??? Never made any sense but definately wouldn’t ask to pay double

bzuc5.jpg

@NewBlacksmurf I am gagging!!!

giphy.gif

didn't think about that.
    ****Master Healer...****
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't plan to use their outfitting. I just make the armor I want for my people or use an outfit that I can dye free. I'm not paying gold.
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't plan to use their outfitting. I just make the armor I want for my people or use an outfit that I can dye free. I'm not paying gold.

@Sevalaricgirl

NKqochv.gif

I see you...
    ****Master Healer...****
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sevalaricgirl

NKqochv.gif

I see you...

I meant their new system. I have almost every outfit sold in the crown store. I can throw one on them or just make them all outlaw armor or mercenary armor. Dye it all black and be happy.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have never been ESO+ perks attached to Update 17 other than access to the Dragon Bones dungeons.

You can either use a different appearance option, use the outfit system sparingly, or use outfit tokens. And like housing storage, outfits are an evergreen feature so there's no rush or expectation to complete everything immediately the first week of release.
    signing off
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I can be honest.

bzuc5.jpg

giphy.gif

didn't think about that.

I’ve been saying it since release among other eso plus “benefits” that aren’t “benefits”

Let’s recap
    You pay a sub for crowns and “benefits”
    But the “benefits” are only “benefits” if you’re trying out DLC, everything else you’re paying extra for.

Extra in terms of
    -paid costume isn’t free with eso plus, but required after you buy to dye it

-paid dlc isn’t free but rental access is 1500/month but no dlc exceeds 1500 crowns

-crafting bag gives a huge bank and inventory increase (it’s not free tho especially if you paid for mount, bank upgrades, even if it was gold)

This eso plus stuff is only ideal for people who didn’t take the time to understand the program, or who’ve convinced themselves they are “supporting the devs” which is odd cause you can support the devs buying crowns outside of eso plus

Or the now popular, I can’t play without a crafting bag....but crafting and writs are typically top tier so why are you holding onto that other junk. Give it to a guild or a friend

Just saying....one day I broke it and down and realized.....WHAT WAS I THINKING
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK.... just to make sure we are clear...

Costumes are free to dye if you are an ESO member.

Outfits are going to cost Gold To change for Style, Color ect, And you have to use Crown points to purchase additional slots ?

If all this is correct. Then whats the big deal ? the out fit system is a bit different then a costume
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Outfits are going to cost Gold To change for Style, Color ect, And you have to use Crown points to purchase additional slots ?

If all this is correct. Then whats the big deal ? the out fit system is a bit different then a costume

@akredon_ESO
    I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but it’s a money grab.

They’ve artificially set high gold prices for what literally crafting. As a 9 trait crafter, it should cost some material cause it’s crafting. Why am I paying gold for something I already can do and who am I paying the gold to?

Even better why can’t i make gold off others vs ZOS getting gold and crowns?
    (Oh and....motifs cost crowns but to gain extra artwork slots i have to pay more crowns)

my-brain-hurts.jpg
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 24, 2018 9:50PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Part 2....

So as a crafter everyone will just ask for the basic motif items for trait crafting. Cause they can get their own motifs to change the look.....and it’s a lot cheaper for mats, etc.

So wait i spent over a year gaining 9 trait and years gaining motifs .....only to be undercut by ZOS

That’s the reality crafting profit is 100% dead 20gq0a.jpg

Soon not yet....
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 24, 2018 9:57PM
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    I would have liked it to be free for everyone, but sadly it's not up to me.

There is more to "cost" than money. I spent 9 months becoming a 9 trait crafter, which ZOS has made nearly worthless. Nobody asks me to create gear anymore because of proc sets. I don't really notice any great amazing increase in Master Writs from my toon that knows EVERY motif or knows EVERY trait. Now, I have to PAY for the outfits after all that? It is like telling someone who makes all their own clothes that they still have to buy Armani and pay Armani prices. #makecraftinggreatagain
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So as a crafter everyone will just ask for the basic motif items for trait crafting. Cause they can get their own motifs to change the look.....and it’s a lot cheaper for mats, etc.

So wait i spent over a year gaining 9 trait and years gaining motifs .....only to be undercut by ZOS

That’s the reality crafting profit is 100% dead

Crafting has been moving towards a personal activity for a while now. You craft for yourself. I expect that a future revision of crafting will remove styles, along with all those style materials. As you say, we will craft some generic equipment and Outfits will define how it looks.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I can be honest.

bzuc5.jpg

giphy.gif

didn't think about that.

I’ve been saying it since release among other eso plus “benefits” that aren’t “benefits”

Let’s recap
    But the “benefits” are only “benefits” if you’re trying out DLC, everything else you’re paying extra for.

Extra in terms of

-paid dlc isn’t free but rental access is 1500/month but no dlc exceeds 1500 crowns

-crafting bag gives a huge bank and inventory increase (it’s not free tho especially if you paid for mount, bank upgrades, even if it was gold)

This eso plus stuff is only ideal for people who didn’t take the time to understand the program, or who’ve convinced themselves they are “supporting the devs” which is odd cause you can support the devs buying crowns outside of eso plus

Or the now popular, I can’t play without a crafting bag....but crafting and writs are typically top tier so why are you holding onto that other junk. Give it to a guild or a friend

not all costumes are bought, some are earned in game.
    double the furnishing limits is enough of a reason for me, it may or may not be an actual perk, but ESO plus is the only way to get it. should it be baseline? maybe. maybe not. those maybies however, don't matter in a face of the situation as it is right now.

I am a hoarder when it comes to rpg's. always have been. always will be. I'm also an altoholic. its nice to know that if I want to craft random leveling gear for alts - I can do it at a drop of a hat. its nice to know that I have those mats if I might need them. its nice to know that even with trying to clear out my stashes, i don't have to worry as much about space.

yes, I know I'm renting DLC's. however, if I look at buying crowns regularly - subscribing makes more sense. it means i don't have to worry about spending them on DLC and instead can spend them on any an all crown store shinies I might be interested in. yes, crown sales are nice., they are also few and far in between.

ESo plus is ideal for people like me. it may not be ideal for people like you. that's fine. but please don't you presume to tell me that people like me are either too stupid to understand what we are getting or are for some reason - wrong in our decision of how to support developers. choices, amirite?
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone was bored and scoured the internet for gifs....

It's a gold sink. Remind me of what your issue is with that again? It's like you are suggesting it's a Crown sink.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but my costume is?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

so as a community we need to "come together, right now...over me" and discuss how this slipped through the cracks

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

all this, and more... just sooo on point. Somebody wake up ZOS!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    If I can be honest.

bzuc5.jpg

giphy.gif

didn't think about that.

Let’s recap

Extra in terms of

not all costumes are bought, some are earned in game.
    double the furnishing limits is enough of a reason for me, it may or may not be an actual perk, but ESO plus is the only way to get it. should it be baseline? maybe. maybe not. those maybies however, don't matter in a face of the situation as it is right now.

I am a hoarder when it comes to rpg's. always have been. always will be. I'm also an altoholic. its nice to know that if I want to craft random leveling gear for alts - I can do it at a drop of a hat. its nice to know that I have those mats if I might need them. its nice to know that even with trying to clear out my stashes, i don't have to worry as much about space.

yes, I know I'm renting DLC's. however, if I look at buying crowns regularly - subscribing makes more sense. it means i don't have to worry about spending them on DLC and instead can spend them on any an all crown store shinies I might be interested in. yes, crown sales are nice., they are also few and far in between.

ESo plus is ideal for people like me. it may not be ideal for people like you. that's fine. but please don't you presume to tell me that people like me are either too stupid to understand what we are getting or are for some reason - wrong in our decision of how to support developers. choices, amirite?

@Linaleah
    It’s no problem if you are ok with it.

Technically all are purchased tho, you access them from buying the game, buying dlc or buying crowns. The achievements to unlock aren’t available otherwise without the purchase
    I have many unlocked and crown outfits. Maaaannnyuy so guess what i did eso free weekend....ddddyyyeeeessss

I’m saying in general the “eso plus needs more benefits crowd” that it doesn’t make sense financially.
    I’m not saying you are stupid, I’m am saying financially it’s not a good decision. That’s not really an opinion considering the financial options available for the game. I’m not trying to offend anyone but the fact is, it’s not smart given the options.

It’s similar to renting an expensive place to stay vs buying. It is what it is, but people will choose for themselves.

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 25, 2018 12:17AM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Because they want to 'encourage' people to buy outfit change tokens instead of blowing a bunch of gold to use the new nice styles and best dyes. As with any company - follow the money.

Not just that. Also additional outfit slots.
    How do I get more Outfits Slots?

If you want to be able to have more than one custom Outfit available at any one time, you can acquire additional Outfit Slots from the in-game Crown Store.

You can find additional Outfit Slots within the Crafting section, and you can have up to 10 Outfit Slots on any one character. Note that new Outfit Slots are not shared with the other characters on your account.

If changing outfit dyes or styles didn't cost gold, most players would just use the one outfit slot and visit the outfit station when they wanted to change.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motif changes should cost gold or style item, that makes sense. You’ve always been paying for creating a certain look through use of materials and style items.

Paying for the dyes though it’s complete bs. The vast majority of dyes have always been achievement based, and never cost money. Making them cost money now is so dumb. I really really hope ZOS rolls back that idea.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    xaraan wrote: »

Not just that. Also additional outfit slots.
    How do I get more Outfits Slots?

If you want to be able to have more than one custom Outfit available at any one time, you can acquire additional Outfit Slots from the in-game Crown Store.

You can find additional Outfit Slots within the Crafting section, and you can have up to 10 Outfit Slots on any one character. Note that new Outfit Slots are not shared with the other characters on your account.

If changing outfit dyes or styles didn't cost gold, most players would just use the one outfit slot and visit the outfit station when they wanted to change.

Ughh yeah cause that’s how it should work

WHY would the game charge us for something we learned to do. We’ve been dyeing crafted armor for years....why the change and who the heck are we paying?

whaaat-meme-59e02f3f8d758.jpg
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 25, 2018 12:25PM
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s similar to renting an expensive place to stay vs buying.

Well, other than four orders of magnitude. Unlike rent, ESO+ is a trivial expense to some.
  • ErinGoBrag520
    ErinGoBrag520
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still upset that I can't use my crown store purchased motifs for free (I have all the crown mimic stones too!)!