Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's the point of tattoos

Sawzallz
Sawzallz
✭✭✭
If your always wearing armour why is tattoos a thing am I missing something, or is the point is to wear nothing and run around showing off a tattoo?

Best Answer

• ZOS_Holden
    ZOS_Holden
    Community Rep
    Hi Sawzallz,

To answer your question, currently tattoos are purely cosmetic. There are lots of ways tattoos can be used even when wearing armor that is covering most of your character's body and face.

As a personal example, with my own character there was a gap of coverage between chest armor and helmet that I thought looked a little funny to me, so I hid this gap with a tattoo that made the character's neck black.

Great question, I hope this helps!
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who says you always have to wear armor?
    confused24.gif
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    It's still a waste in the crown store
  • platonicidealgirlfriend
    there's multiple costumes that put yr nips out for the world and god to see and there's an upcoming system to swap yr cuirass with whatever takes yr fancy so... chill
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sawzallz wrote: »
    If your always wearing armour why is tattoos a thing am I missing something, or is the point is to wear nothing and run around showing off a tattoo?

If you like expressing yourself but don't like others expressing themselves, then yes, you are missing something. Perhaps a few somethings.
    signing off
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Plenty of costumes and armour styles that can show them off
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoS should simply add a few more skin showing motifs and tattoos become more fun.
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Holden wrote: »
    Hi Sawzallz,

To answer your question, currently tattoos are purely cosmetic. There are lots of ways tattoos can be used even when wearing armor that is covering most of your character's body and face.

As a personal example, with my own character there was a gap of coverage between chest armor and helmet that I thought looked a little funny to me, so I hid this gap with a tattoo that made the character's neck black.

Hello, and thanks but how many costuming are like that since there are litteraly tons of tattoos
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sawzallz wrote: »

Ya know, there IS armor that doesn't completely cover tattoos. The Khajiit armor, for example, doesn't really cover the arms. Especially the upper arms and shoulders.
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe @ZOS_Holden can give us some feedback on the issue with tattoos and vampirism?

There are so many awesome looking tattoo designs, all of which get washed out and look horrible when applied to a vampire (even at stage 1 and 2). If tattoos were (properly?) applied to the top layer of a character's "skin set," that would negate the wash-out effect and soooo many vamp-friendly players would be happy with this QoL improvement.
  • Sgtmeg
    Sgtmeg
    ✭✭✭
    Just because the whole thing can't be seen doesn't mean they don't enhance outfits. The well-covering pirate's shirt and pants combo looks great with my snake tattoos and the skull mask and hood combo looks great with some face tattoo I slapped on, can't even remember the name. It's not clearly visible, but it enhances the look that's already there by deepening the sockets and making the whole face look more skeletal.

Definitely do agree with the vampire issue though, especially since stage 1 vampires with this strain are technically supposed to look like normal people >...........>
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish tatoos worked better with skins... Kinda like the Fabrication Sheath and how it has small gaps of real skin that are visible. It lets you get some really cool unique visual effects.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Cheveyo
    Cheveyo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solution: Wear less clothing.

r0Bqskh.png
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing i have that shows tattoos is dark subduer.
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Sawzallz,

"Currently" so there might have benefits to tattoos? Also can I see your character
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheveyo wrote: »

r0Bqskh.png
    That's a badass.

Which tatoo is that?
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    Cheveyo wrote: »

r0Bqskh.png
    That's a badass.

Which tatoo is that?

I mean is there a non crowns store costume like that?
  • Cheveyo
    Cheveyo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    That's a badass.

Which tatoo is that?

For some reason I didn't get a notification that anyone replied.

It's called "Ocean Geometry Full Body".

Unfortunately for me, that character is benched until they release the dragon bones patch.
  • Bloodystab
    Bloodystab
    ✭✭✭✭

There are lots of ways tattoos can be used

May i know at last one for Argonian Vampire? :wink:

Argonian body marks that are "Core" of our look just make tattoos 100% useless.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree what is the point of tattoo's when you have a Vampire skin. Then the tattoos are faded. So if your character is a Vampire the tattoo's are a waste of crowns. Of course ZOS will not tell you that. If you try the tattoo on a regular non vampire character then the tattoo's are fine.