The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gamepad/Controller doesn't work on main menu in PC

Vhozek
Vhozek
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone know how to fix this? I'm using the Steam version, in case that's relevant.
𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vhozek wrote: »
    Anyone know how to fix this? I'm using the Steam version, in case that's relevant.

Likely never will. Be happy with what you got...it took about a year for controller support to officially show up at all.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there is a fix. I use a controller but until my character loads, I use the mouse.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THWIP71 wrote: »

Likely never will. Be happy with what you got...it took about a year for controller support to officially show up at all.

I get the feeling they just haven't realized they didn't link the functions to that section of the game.
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭

I get the feeling they just haven't realized they didn't link the functions to that section of the game.

I really hope you're not being serious. :|

• Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really hope you're not being serious. :|

Stuff can go over hundreds of people's heads at the same time.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto character creation, add-on settings, control binds, etc. It's really shabby, but will probably never be fixed.
    forever stuck in combat
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I keep a wireless keyboard and mouse handy... the controller works great for general gameplay but I prefer kb/mouse for menu options. I use a couple of addons that have made seemless controller/KB-MS switching seemless... Advance Disable Controller UI and Arch's Enhanced Gamepad.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • notnsane
    notnsane
    ✭✭✭
    Bump, so I don't create another thread.
  • Xerge
    Xerge
    ✭✭✭
    Enter 2019

*Tries to convert xbox player to PC*
    *Them - So you mean I can't select my characters with the controller and login?*
    *Me - No.*
    *Them - ...*
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Since this thread is two years old we will be closing the discussion. You can start a new thread if there are no recent discussions available. The article below has troubleshooting for when a controller is not working on your PC version of ESO.

Why isn’t my controller working when playing The Elder Scrolls Online on PC / Mac?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.