Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Personality Idea: Torch Bearer

leothedino
leothedino
✭✭✭✭
A short post, but I had an idea. I know people love the dark in this game (lighting is really nice in ESO, I'm a big fan) and I thought 'how could we possibly get the 'torch' emote to last while walking and running?'

A personality!!! It struck me as I was in the Gold Coast, and I just thought it would be a good idea, no? You could have some nice little idle animations with the torch out (unsheathing weapons usually overrides personalities anyway), and some of the emotes such as /point and /torch, the latter could be the character checking the fuel of the torch, or inspecting it in general and waving it about. The main thing, it would remain out when running or walking for added ambience and adventuring vibe :lol:

What do people think? ZoS, what do you think? I'd love to see this in the Crown Store and I would absolutely buy it.
  • Foxhunt
    Foxhunt
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds good to me, I like it. I wish I could buy it with in game gold.
    Edited by Foxhunt on January 21, 2018 6:45AM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:57PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dark Brotherhood quests have made me terrified of people carrying torches. :#

LOL
    Edited by SydneyGrey on January 21, 2018 7:15AM
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God no. Don't give them goons on ps4 reason to start up another *** rally
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the idea but I’m pretty sure it would get super overused and annoying fast.
  • leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭

I have no idea what this is in context to, or what it's about...
    Vaoh wrote: »
    I love the idea but I’m pretty sure it would get super overused and annoying fast.

One or two current personalities could fall under this area, and I don't feel like it's a problem. Jester, just to name one, is a very loud and 'in your face' personality, I wouldn't say it detracts my experience.

Though, I admit... come to think of it, this would be a particle effect, I guess that might be an issue.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leothedino wrote: »
    He might be referring to a situation where a bunch of dimwits decided they were going to role-play the freaking K. K. Klan in the game once, so they could run around in white hoods being racist agains Redguards. I didn't see it, but heard about it.
    The 'torches' part refers to a thing that happened last year in the United States, where a bunch of *** and Nazis got together and lit tiki torches and marched in Virginia ... not only dimwits, but dangerous dimwits.

So yeah ...

(Edit: Not sure why the written-out form of *** was edited? Dang forum won't let me write it out in full.)
    (Edit again: Now it's completely censoring the three initials for that real life hate group, but didn't censor "Nazis." Holy crap, we can't even talk about it. LOL. Please don't ban me! I didn't know!)
    Edited by SydneyGrey on January 22, 2018 6:58AM
  • leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, an american thing... damn, that doesn't sound fun. :S
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leothedino wrote: »

Vaoh wrote: »

One or two current personalities could fall under this area, and I don't feel like it's a problem. Jester, just to name one, is a very loud and 'in your face' personality, I wouldn't say it detracts my experience.

Though, I admit... come to think of it, this would be a particle effect, I guess that might be an issue.

Good point about the Jester personality. People kind of annoyed themselves more than others though by using it.

After making that point I’d actually be more down for a Torch personality lol.
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Check this out! I bet this wouldn't be too difficult to do, since DLC NPC's wear torches or lights walking around as stated above. It probably would sell well in the Crown Store, specially if it have a decent light that you can role-play around with actually lighting up places at night or in dark caves!

And if you added it in game for 100 000g or your chosen amount, everyone would be happy! Would not be easy saving up to that amount for a new player, even experienced players would spend some time on that since they also want to spend their gold at other things as well, so it could be a win-win!
    [Outfits] Hide More Armor Slots?
    Cast your vote and make it happen!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    ,<* Explorer of Tamriel since Beta *>,
    Hours spent in-game: 7500+ #NoLife
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • Baracuta
    Baracuta
    ✭✭✭
    I'd buy it.
    Outfit Slots are outrageously expensive. No, thank you.
  • playerkiller247
    playerkiller247
    ✭✭✭
    Love the idea!
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    I'd buy it in a heartbeat, and to control griefing they could make it where your char only pulls out and lights the torch during night time or when in dungeons/delves? (or any dark dank interior)
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden