Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

moved

• Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    I don't know if it's that one environmental design class I took, or that I play sports on public fields that are about as even as a teenage prime number, but I've never really had any issue with the game terrain while mounted. I also play with the grass off, which may help.

And it's probably perception, too. A mount with a larger axis movement range is going to have more of a visual impact on the camera than a mount with a more stable center even if they experience the same terrain interruptions.

You should do some testing before stating that everything's fine with mounts and terrain.

I've done some and it's clear that horses, guars and kagouties halt and slow down when you land on the ground from a cliff, roof or something like that (sometimes they don't though). At the same time wolfs, senches, spiders keep the same speed, no matter what height was a cliff.
    Also, in areas like Vvardenfell or Gratwood with a lot of mountains, rocks, fallen trees and other obstacles and height differences it's easy to notice that horse/guar/kagouti is slowing down, while wolf/senche/spider runs like there's a flat and smooth asphalt surface.

Did it again to make shure, found this area with rocks in Gratwood
    NKAHVNi.jpg
    and did testing with horse, wolf, guar, nix-ox and senche. As I said, horse/guar/kagouti are halting and slowing down in these rocks, wolf/senche/nix-ox are running fast and smooth as if there wasn't any obstacles on the way.

Actually, it's the reason why I don't ride horses/guars/kagouties in the game. I ride them sometimes in the cities, but when I go in the wilds I take a wolf.
    Edited by Ermiq on January 21, 2018 12:25AM
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are crazy.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My horse can keep up with any mount in the game. I know because I am always right up front as our group rides out across Cyrodiil.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wolf has all those foibles for me.
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    krachall wrote: »
    Is there an ignore feature on the forums? I don’t check the poster’s name before I read a post. So too often I start reading one and immediately think “this is absurd, who wrote...oh that doc guy again”

Just stop man.
    Just skip everything made by someone with a random house avatar ^^
    Argonian masterrace
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    teiselaise wrote: »
    Is there an ignore feature on the forums? I don’t check the poster’s name before I read a post. So too often I start reading one and immediately think “this is absurd, who wrote...oh that doc guy again”

Just stop man.

Nvm he changed icon to a boioiant armiger
    Argonian masterrace
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭

Just stop man.

Nvm he changed icon to a boioiant armiger

And now he's one of those blue things. For God's sake.
    Argonian masterrace
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What in the *** name of Odin are you talking about? Pay2win, doesn't stutter as much. How are those two things connected? What advantage do you get in something that lasts for a month? A fully leveled mount gives more of an advantage than one only a few weeks old, should they do something about that too? Go play the game and stop scraping for something to complain about. This is a non issue, and deserves zero attention from the devs.
  • wsmith97ub17_ESO
    wsmith97ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am so happy to have won!

Ps - what did i win?
    It is the mind, that is the mind, confusing the mind. Do not leave the mind, oh mind, to the mind.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Nix-Ox still stutters but not nearly as bad as all my horses. I don't really notice it with my senche.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    Funny thing is, even though people always complain about the Crown Store, I barely see anyone riding the base game horses.

Regardless of that, my opinion is that this is an extremely nitpicky and tryhard argument in a nonexistent debate.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade - Main

Pactum Dunmeri | Ard Feainn | Aetherius Art | Kley Guild

Achievement points: 26k+
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown rep kits are truly p2r
    Edited by BigBadVolk on January 25, 2018 10:49AM
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old