Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: January 19 @ 6:00pm EST"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live: January 19 @ 6:00pm EST. This Friday at 6pm EST, we'll be joined by ESO's Lead Combat Designer Eric Wrobel and Systems Designer Chris Balser to have a deeper look at the Outfit System, Home Storage system, Level Up Advisor, and Skills Advisor. In addition, we'll have an in-depth discussion about some of the combat and balance changes coming to ESO in February. We'll be answering your questions throughout the show, and will have some exciting giveaways as well. See you then!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6249c6a2a727daf561bb38edd1b889c9.jpg

Hmm... this looks a lot like the armour storage mannequin we have been asking for. I'm looking forward to this ESO live, even with the technical problems the last one was really good.
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on January 18, 2018 3:39PM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So late the time! When the moons they rise Khajiit she must sleep.

No ESO Live for Khajiit this week then :(

This one she does not know the reasons for the time change and is sure they are good but perhaps it may be possible to vary the time of the show between one that is acceptable for some travellers and one when Khajiit is still awake.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope your webcam is in peak form. :P
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    6249c6a2a727daf561bb38edd1b889c9.jpg

Hmm... this looks a lot like the armour storage mannequin we have been asking for. I'm looking forward to this ESO live, even with the technical problems the last one was really good.

Yay, it would be cool to have them but probably they will introduce it later and now we only get the chests
    Edited by BigBadVolk on January 18, 2018 3:57PM
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will the January Combat Update be posted before the show?
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Will we get option to hide tabards at least on release?
    2. Will there anything be done regarding shieldstacking?
    3. Will we get ever robust/arcane black rose jewels?
    4. Does monster spawn sets will be improved by allowing heavy attack to control spawned monster?
    5. Bug fixes incoming?
    Edited by Cinbri on January 18, 2018 4:47PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully, we can get the "why are we paying Gold to dye outfits" question addressed.

Also, I want to know if the HIDE HELMET will still hide COSTUME helmets. For my happiness, this needs to be retained. Some of those costumes have hideous helmets and I hide them for a reason. Dark Shaman, I am lookin' at you.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the ESO Live. I am looking forward to this event more than going home to my 2 year old and letting her torture me until its sleep time.

Regardless, I would like to hear the following discussion:
    1. Night blade syphoning tree. - Last time you said you are working towards converting this in the NBs main healing tree in pvp and PVE.
    2. Zaan's monster set. - Per forum posts this set is over performing. I played with this in PTS and I felt the OPness as well.
    3. Cyrodill - Anything to promote small scale ?

Thanks,
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for listening to Us for what we are wanting to see on the show . Also , any chance we can meet who the Lag Dev is soon ? A whole show dedicated to addressing lag . It's been a little laggy lately .
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Elissae
    Elissae
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I want to know if the HIDE HELMET will still hide COSTUME helmets. For my happiness, this needs to be retained. Some of those costumes have hideous helmets and I hide them for a reason. Dark Shaman, I am lookin' at you.

Yes, according to the pts report on https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/outfit-designer/

"Hide Helmet has been moved from Gameplay Settings. You now have two options for hiding your head piece depending on which apparel is visible.

Costume / Equipped Armor – Hide Your Helm in Collections under Hats
    Outfit – Right click head piece or use the Hide Helmet option in the main editor at the top of the Head section
    "

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    why does it go so late now :/
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrobes and Balser are back on the show. I wonder if the camera's are up and running?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elissae wrote: »

Yes, according to the pts report on https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/outfit-designer/

"Hide Helmet has been moved from Gameplay Settings. You now have two options for hiding your head piece depending on which apparel is visible.

Costume / Equipped Armor – Hide Your Helm in Collections under Hats
    Outfit – Right click head piece or use the Hide Helmet option in the main editor at the top of the Head section
    "

I’d be interested in hearing more on this decision and possible alternatives in the future. Ouch
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    i want to see some love to stam dks
    nb siphoning tree
    templars..

cryo performance

a guy can dream....
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. When you'll make an upgrade to your infrastucture to handle more people in Cyrodiil?

Remember Midyear Mayhem event when servers crashed because too much people wanted to play PVP?

2. Why not have Battlegrounds with 2 options : 1. CP enabled 2. NO CP Enabled ?

3. Any news about code optimisations?

4. When we will have more sustain ? ( we need some redo of the combat changes arrived with Morrowind)

There are so many threads about the lack of sustain that come with Morrowind. 80-90% of the players are not elitists ..so we need more fluidity in combat.

When we will have more freedom in making our builds ..when Heavy Attack Meta will be no Meta?

Now we are almost forced in making heavy attack builds. If not...we are crap.

5. Stamina DK is one of the weakest class in PVP . Any changes coming ?

6. Can you introduce base game Trials in the group finder?

7.Can you introduce some features to save our builds and CP distribution? ( I know...on PC there are addons...but..)?

8. How about some new gear ( unique..EPIC ) very hard to find in the game?

English is not my native language.

• VelociousLegend
    VelociousLegend
    ✭✭✭
    1. Anything to address the heavy armor meta in PvP? (similar damage to medium but much more tanky)
    2. Any plans on how to further encourage spreading out the population in Cyrodiil?
    3. Warden balance? (warden in PvP is OP and warden in PvE is lack luster)
    Xbox - NA
    GT: VelociousLegend
    PC - NA
    @VelociousLegend

"All gave some. Some gave all."
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will there be decrease of ap gain for 3rd place on bgs to promote active gameplay instead of afking?
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously loving the time change! Actually allows me to watch it since before it always aired when I was at work.
    PC NA
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the new time slot either, it means the show airs way after midnight for most Europeans. This is a bad change compared to the old time slot.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you address game performance please?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heeeey will we get to talk about the per-use gold cost of the outfit system today? Maybe a bit about if there are plans to get rid of the cost for ESO+ members?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    why does it go so late now :/

At first I was like, "Uhh.. 6:00p.m. is hardly late, but then I saw you're EU server so I assume you also live in Europe. With that in mind, has there ever been data released showing the breakdown of playerbase and global location?

I'm guessing ZoS would want to appeal to the largest potential audience, and for a moment let's pretend 75% of the playerbase is located in the United States. Of that 75%, roughly 90% probably have a job or are in school. 6:00 EST corresponds to 3:00 PST. With this timing, they improve the odds of US-based players to be off work / home from school in order to catch the ESO Live broadcast.

I feel for the EU players who may be required to stay up late to hear it, but my guess is they are just trying to appeal to the US audience.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    Peeks into current ESO Live thread to try claim owed prize from last ESO Live.
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    No sign?
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    What was "News" going to be!? D: I want a launch date already! >_<
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

News was that EU characters will be copied to PTS on SUNDAY. (it was hard to hear with the robot audio)

Also, PC Live "security" patch on Monday.
    Edited by Elsonso on January 20, 2018 12:43AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭

News was that EU characters will be copied to PTS on SUNDAY. (it was hard to hear with the robot audio)

Also, PC Live "security" patch on Monday.

Thanks. Should have expected something like that... Does nothing for me. 1; I play it on PS4, and 2; I am NA anyway, not EU...
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Serious, repeated audio glitches on both Twitch and YouTube. Crashed completely shortly before Giveaways. YT restream just repeated the problematic first stream. @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, please post ETA for fixed YT or Twitch stream or if "irrecoverable error".

Time for new streaming contractor?
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    Auldjohn wrote: »
    Serious, repeated audio glitches on both Twitch and YouTube. Crashed completely shortly before Giveaways. YT restream just repeated the problematic first stream. @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, please post ETA for fixed YT or Twitch stream or if "irrecoverable error".

Time for new streaming contractor?

Careful, they can't take Criticism, they might give you a Warning... >_>