Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

moved

• AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People will spend way more than that at a club or bar on the weekend and not remember any of it. Dinner and a movie can cost more than $135 and only entertains me for a few hours. I've probably spent forty hours decorating my main home (mathaisen manor), so the cost per entertainment hour for the island is very low compared to other entertainment options.

Plus, the OP is ignoring the fact that most folks who buy these homes stock up crowns during crown sales or have a stockpile from ESO plus.

While I didn't buy the island, I do sometimes wish I had it and won't pass judgment on anyone who did.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny.... I thought I’d be really into housing but have still not got myself one, seems like too much of a money sink. Grand Topal Hideaway looks ok.... but what’d you do there... :o

You can decorate the island in pretty much anyway that you see fit. The property is so spacious that you can literally let your imagine run wild. I personally have a resort-like theme going, with things like beach bars and a café and lounge setup. Plus outdoor plaza/hub. With such a tropical atmosphere, you can’t go wrong with a resort theme.

As for actual activities being done there, I have 1 of the huts setup as a “Crafting House”. Housing everything that a crafter could need at their disposal (stations and other “goodies”). Then I have on certain small mounds of sand the target skeletons for rotation practicing, and DPS testing. And I have a few lounge setups (e.g. the café for 1 of them) for just lounging about, and talking with buddies. Then last but not least, there is the “Master Bedroom”, were the magic happens. >_>
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd just be glad if it came back on sale again. At only four days and away at the time, missed the opportuniity :|
  • TBONE_OG
    TBONE_OG
    ✭✭✭
    I for the most part regret the purchase. I mean I love the island and the look, but the stupid restrictions kill it. Capped out at 700 items to place? Not cool at all. The place is huge. It needs to have no cap on items or a very high one. Also, the invisible walls/barriers around the volcano need to go. I should have full access to the WHOLE island.

And again... the island is HUGE. Why can't we ride our mounts at our homes? Stupidest restriction ever. Remove it!

With Housing in it's current state... if ZoS allowed us to sell homes, I'd sell the island at a loss in a heartbeat.
    Edited by TBONE_OG on January 17, 2018 8:54PM
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a home? I'm homeless don't even have a basic home.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBONE_OG wrote: »
    Why can't we ride our mounts at our homes? Stupidest restriction ever. Remove it!

Because collectibles function as furnishing items in housing. It's not a restriction. It's a rule.
    signing off
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A great deal of time, effort, and passion went into the creation of that collection of assets.

$135 is a pittance when you actually look at the development time and the quality of work of the designers, coders, etc that when into the creation of it.

Are you serious? You realize that the price is more than double the base game, right? Are you saying there is more than double the quality put into that island than there is in the entire base game? The price of housing, this one in particular, is down right absurd. I pity those foolish enough to part ways with their money for things like this. Quite frankly, the price of nearly everything in the crown store is sickening. ZoS should be ashamed.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:42PM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:40PM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MornaBaine, @Prof_Bawbag, thank you for restoring my faith in humanity :) Shame there is more people totally oblivious that their actions affect us all... and thinking I'm jealous of their stupidity. Well, nothing new - at least I hope ZOS will put those monies to good use, however it's more probable that some CEOs will sport new McLarens :pensive:
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do NOT regret buying Grand Topal.

I DO regret buying Tel Galen.
  • CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Humblemud is better.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Loved the island when first seen on test center . No way could I ever afford it when it went live . Cost more then concert tickets on the floor of best bands . Cost more then taking family out for dinner at good restaurant . Price was more expensive then pre order special of entire game .

Yes, yes, this one understands. But a concert ticket is good for one night, yes? And a dinner is also good for one night, yes? When morning comes, concert and dinner are no more. But an island lasts forever, like diamonds, yes?

Actually when the game runs out of new locations and content to add that $135 will have been wasted just as much as a one night concert.

I guess i shouldn't by food either.. just gone instantly...
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • TBONE_OG
    TBONE_OG
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    TBONE_OG wrote: »
    Why can't we ride our mounts at our homes? Stupidest restriction ever. Remove it!

Because collectibles function as furnishing items in housing. It's not a restriction. It's a rule.

That's not an excuse. They just have to enable mounts in housing. Easy. Call it what you want, but not allowing us to ride mounts in homes with a large play spaces is ridiculous.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Loved the island when first seen on test center . No way could I ever afford it when it went live . Cost more then concert tickets on the floor of best bands . Cost more then taking family out for dinner at good restaurant . Price was more expensive then pre order special of entire game .

Yes, yes, this one understands. But a concert ticket is good for one night, yes? And a dinner is also good for one night, yes? When morning comes, concert and dinner are no more. But an island lasts forever, like diamonds, yes?

It cost more then the entire game several times over and there is no content other then decorating . No quests . No NPC's . No mini games . I have no real proof or any way to show this but I truly believe more money would of been made by ZoS is no limited time offer and price was cut in half . More people would of made an effort to afford the island . I truly do not care anymore however and know from my experience with other houses I would of been regretting this purchase had ai bought it so I feel good for avoiding it .

Currently in France, this island costs exactly 13.5 times more than the game + Morrowind expansion. Something definitely wrong there.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like this Island because of one big reason.
    Max limit of furnishings is still 700 for it.
    Wtf?
    Its not enouch even for Daggerfall Manor which is 2 or 3 times smaller and can't be decorated with details because of not enouch space for furnishings.
    18k crowns for almost empty space, Nope, any regrets of not buying it. I want to pay only for well done quality job.

Same issue with grotto in Craglorn, empty and in many aspects not finished
    Edited by Anethum on January 18, 2018 9:08PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First I've heard of this island.

Looks like a cushy getaway for those posh jetsetting folks from Orsinium who dare call themselves "Orcs".

No true Orc would suffer setting foot in there, Malacath forbid.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • frausty
    frausty
    ✭✭✭
    Streega wrote: »
    @MornaBaine, @Prof_Bawbag, thank you for restoring my faith in humanity :) Shame there is more people totally oblivious that their actions affect us all... and thinking I'm jealous of their stupidity. Well, nothing new - at least I hope ZOS will put those monies to good use, however it's more probable that some CEOs will sport new McLarens :pensive:

Again you miss the point. If people don't spend money you don't even have a game to play. Do you have any idea what it costs to keep a server farm running, to pay the people who run it and the developers that create the game content? This business model, (which is what it is), is the same in every hobby, (which is what ESO is). Take golf or American Football, (or proper football as a Brit), for instance. You can play golf on a public course with second hand clubs and have a great time. You can also pay a vast amount of money and become a member of St Andrews or Augusta and have a great time. The same with American football or football. You can sit in a bar and watch the game sipping tap water for free or you can buy a shirt, ticket and a corn dog (whatever they are, (I'm a Brit remember)), and enjoy the game. However, the money you spend on the "extra's" enables the teams to buy new players or a golf club to develop their course and make it's facilities better.

You really need to think before you post on this subject and look at your circumstances in everything you do and see if you make similar choices in life - do you buy *** or Walmart's own brand, do you buy an XBOX/PC/PS4 or a Colouring book?

Again, it's a CHOICE. I'm not judging you so please don't judge anyone else for what they chose to spend their money on.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    frausty wrote: »
    Streega wrote: »

Again you miss the point. If people don't spend money you don't even have a game to play. Do you have any idea what it costs to keep a server farm running, to pay the people who run it and the developers that create the game content? This business model, (which is what it is), is the same in every hobby, (which is what ESO is). Take golf or American Football, (or proper football as a Brit), for instance. You can play golf on a public course with second hand clubs and have a great time. You can also pay a vast amount of money and become a member of St Andrews or Augusta and have a great time. The same with American football or football. You can sit in a bar and watch the game sipping tap water for free or you can buy a shirt, ticket and a corn dog (whatever they are, (I'm a Brit remember)), and enjoy the game. However, the money you spend on the "extra's" enables the teams to buy new players or a golf club to develop their course and make it's facilities better.

You really need to think before you post on this subject and look at your circumstances in everything you do and see if you make similar choices in life - do you buy *** or Walmart's own brand, do you buy an XBOX/PC/PS4 or a Colouring book?

Again, it's a CHOICE. I'm not judging you so please don't judge anyone else for what they chose to spend their money on.

Nah, you miss the point. None of that CC or fluff money goes towards keeping the servers up and if any does, it will be a pitiful amount. That money will come from subs and dlc sales. Whilst your all out defense of any and all cash grabs is admirable, I think you have somehow deluded yourself into thinking this game is only still viable because of CC's etc. I see zero improvements to even suggest that extra income is indeed being ploughed back into the game. We got morrowind because it was released as a cash purchase only game, so people can't even say we're getting chapters. I get this game needs a constant flow of income, we all do, but that shouldn't mean we should delude ourselves that the horrendous price creep and cc's we see in the CS is for our ever evolving gaming experience.

Just because something sounds good in your head, doesn't automatically mean it's true. It's your attitude that encourages the likes of Capcom, EA, Ubi etc to come up with new ways to screw people over. It's why the likes of EA release less and less content in their games (take their golf franchise for example. Courses that were once included and now sold as dlc. It's far from an isolated case). They very rarely have to defend new practices because people like you do it for them. Sad days when consumers would rather jump to the defence of large faceless corps rather than side with their fellow consumers.

There are also people who think the cost of making games has risen drastically since we used to get £60 SNES games back in the day. The cost of making these games compared to yesteryear is probably off set with the ever diminishing manufacturing, shipping, retail rental space, material costs etc required for these games. I mean, is any of the above needed for a digital game? Most PC games are digital. Console games are still more expensive because they're probably playing catch up in that respect. But consoles too are now moving towards digital.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on January 19, 2018 10:22AM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:49PM
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You mean an overpriced bunch of pixels that serve little purpose other than being nice to look at? Sure, I can understand the interest that some people have in housing, but not with this price tag.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody in one of my guilds who owns the island said it's been for sale twice. But I've been playing this game non stop since it was released in April and I've never seen it for sale a second time. Then again, they said it went on sale a year after it released and Homestead hasn't even been out for a year, so that makes no sense.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:59PM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit has done this yes at Castle Claws. This one she owns some other buildings yes but they are businesses - a theatre, tavern and college - rather than additional homes.

You just gave me a whole bunch of ideas for homes.

If you are in EU PC Tamriel drop this one a freind request and you are most welcome to visit.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Hbajir
    Hbajir
    Soul Shriven
    I never bought this one....I too couldn't possibly afford it! My point exactly. Why is all this "digital" stuff SO EXPENSIVE????
    Its not like eso isn't making a zillion with this game.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:59PM
  • Foxhunt
    Foxhunt
    ✭✭✭
    I love this game but some of the crown store is overpriced imo
    Edited by Foxhunt on January 21, 2018 6:45AM