Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weapons as decorations

Shadow_Akula
Shadow_Akula
✭✭✭✭✭
Don’t know if a thread on this has been made or where to put this thread.

Anyway when the housing first dropped I got the daggerfall overlook, I was thrilled to find out that you could get siege weapons as decorations (less thrilled that they’re locked by pvp rank). I originally wanted my overlook to look like it was preparing an army (guess I still do), the only thing missing are weapons, Armor and shields as decorations to place in some big empty open top crates I have lying around. The only weapons of any description are knives and woodcutting axes.

Would love to have a weapons furniture pack, including storage racks for those who want to use those. Or outside of packs could put recipes in to build storage racks, and maybe add under the furnishing options for clothing, blacksmithing and woodworking a decorative weapons/Armor option allowing us to make the weapons and Armor in the same way we make functional pieces that characters can use. This would allow us to choose the style & material (as long as one has unlocked the style motif & has the material), also would allow usage of excess material that may not be needed for anything else.
  • Tenn60
    Tenn60
    ✭✭✭
    I was talking to someone the other day about this, even letting you create weapons and then making them into a furnishing item which would make them not useable anymore I would be fine with. For a game built around combat they don’t let us show off our weapons enough! Even placing crafting stations could look nicer with more detailed areas that included things that are being made there
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a decorator myself I actually would love it if we had the ability to decorate our homes with weapons and the like. If not that then maybe some kind of dummy we can equip with said stuff.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »
    As a decorator myself I actually would love it if we had the ability to decorate our homes with weapons and the like. If not that then maybe some kind of dummy we can equip with said stuff.

Even that would be enough for me, while it wouldn’t give the effect of building a non-existent army, it still fits with owning the overlook which is essentially a castle. (And pretty sure other houses would look good with one of these holder dummy’s)
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey we should do like the imperial fountain post and do a poll about weapon / shield furnishings. The fountain got such a reaction that they added a fountain on/off switch.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey we should do like the imperial fountain post and do a poll about weapon / shield furnishings. The fountain got such a reaction that they added a fountain on/off switch.
    Really? I can try and figure out adding a poll, but not sure it’ll get enough of a reaction, worth a try though
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poll created but it started a new thread too.....(I’m using the mobile site and have no idea how to use the forums properly since I rarely visit it)
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/390518/should-eso-have-weapons-armor-furnishings/p1?new=1
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wanna put a greatsword over my mantle
  • tony5tone
    tony5tone
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, that there is NOT weapons as decorations is just...criminal!! A Thousand decoration types...and NO weapons?! Like...seriously...
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    Even more silly, alot are in the game already.
    All those 0 gold weapons and armor pieces u can find lying around in delves and homes, etc.

What about adding a crafting lvl 0 version to armors and weapons for the furnishing version ?!
    Edited by dagrdagaz_5912 on October 1, 2019 6:25PM