Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

moved

• DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:36PM
  • frausty
    frausty
    ✭✭✭
    Personally these "ZOS is ripping me off", "you're wasting your money" and "money grabbing" threads are getting on my wick. No one at ZOS or anywhere else forces you to even consider buying anything from the crown store. You can have the basic game for next to nothing and play to your hearts content - or you can spend £40 on CoD, enjoy 3 hours of single player content and then get teenagers telling you what they are going to do to your mother when attempting to have a decent online experience.

If you want to buy anything then you shouldn't have to be judged for it just because others either can't afford it or think it is a waste of money. I drive a tiny little Ford and my neighbour has a McLaren supercar. He doesn't judge me and I don't judge him because it's our lives. He chooses to spend his money on cars, I spend mine elsewhere - on both concert tickets and stuff in the ESO Crown Store plus anything else that I choose.

Everyone is entitled to their constructive opinions but please don't judge others for how they choose to enjoy the game. And remember, without people paying for stuff in the Crown store, or buying upgrades/DLC, the chances are we would never get any new developments such as the upcoming Dragon Bones patch.

The house I bought is the one near Vvardenfell and I bought it furnished because I can't be bothered decorating it. It was bought purely because it fits the lore of my main character, I like the location, and I wanted somewhere to put the training dummies that I also purchased. All of which I did with my own money so what should it matter to anyone else. As it happened I bought it with the half price crowns that I purchased during the sale so it cost less than it normally would but I would probably have purchased it anyway. I also intend to buy houses for other alliance characters as I level them, again because that is what I want to do in the game and it's my money - and spending my money doesn't affect anyone else in game - although my missus has her own opinions :)
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    personally I think the area is great the area is nice, it's large, and a lot you can do with it. But, unfortunately I didn't purchase it because I didn't like the tree shack housing it had. If the island had a stone tower like a mages tower made of stone (not that mushroom tumor looking one they offered) I'd have snatched it up.
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let's see

$135 for a virtual house that, at the time, offered absolutely NOTHING other than a house to decorate.
    OR
    $135 for my Cable/Internet Bill that allows me to play the game the virtual house would have been in.

Decisions, decisions.
    Argonian forever
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's see

$135 for a virtual house that, at the time, offered absolutely NOTHING other than a house to decorate.
    OR
    $135 for my Cable/Internet Bill that allows me to play the game the virtual house would have been in.

Decisions, decisions.

Yeah, that's how it goes. I don't have a television, I don't party, aside from gaming my only other vice is reading and with Kindle that's pretty cheap. I don't buy a lot of shoes, clothes, jewelry etc. I choose to spend a good chunk of my discretionary income on gaming. So long as our bills are paid, it's all good.

Choices, yup.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is all about a little balance yes this one feels.

If, once a year, there is a property in Tamriel that you really feel you will enjoy spending time in then go for it. The prices do tend to be much too high though. For every extra crown gained by doing that they lose more by putting off those who would have bought if the price had been a bit lower. Sell cheap, sell many - that way you make more coin and also more goodwill.

However very few of us have the time or the coin to indulge in purchasing, furnishing and enjoying many properties yes. Do not feel you need to have every property on the market.

So find one place you really love and call it home.

Khajiit has done this yes at Castle Claws. This one she owns some other buildings yes but they are businesses - a theatre, tavern and college - rather than additional homes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No regrets, still love sitting on my big mushroom I put on the beach, watching the sun go down. There had been a crown sale just before this was available so it didn't cost me full price technically.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best to spend the money on the expansion and buy the houses that come with the expansions with in game gold IMO since Morrowind houses are big, unique and has extra stuff. Eg stable and ponds in which the next expansions will likely have that standard too.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Loved the island when first seen on test center . No way could I ever afford it when it went live . Cost more then concert tickets on the floor of best bands . Cost more then taking family out for dinner at good restaurant . Price was more expensive then pre order special of entire game .

Yes, yes, this one understands. But a concert ticket is good for one night, yes? And a dinner is also good for one night, yes? When morning comes, concert and dinner are no more. But an island lasts forever, like diamonds, yes?

No, not like diamonds. It's pixels in a game, not a precious gemstone. It will last as long as the game does.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @frausty I'm sorry, but you missed the point. Buying anything you want with crowns is not the problem, it's the value for money ratio. Imagine that somebody offers you a toy McLaren for a price of the real one. But hurry, the offer is valid only today, and it's not exactly a sale, but a rental (anything you "buy" in ESO isn't yours, it's just a "service" according to TOS). This is bad, shady business, and people who agree to take part in it are responsible for general decline in the quality of trade.
    I have a fully furnished house bought with crowns, too. But the price was reasonable (well, at least compared to all those "special" offers), and I wasn't hurried to buy it by some "limited time" bs.
    I don't care what you do with your money, but I will judge you poorly because you encourage ZOS to offer us low value for a high price. Cut all the prices in half and at least bring the "limited time" goods back every year, and I'm at peace with it.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont fully agree that it cost $135. I get free crowns for subbing. So it only costs money if you obtained crowns from straight cash.
    With that said, I didn't buy it. Too many crowns for one item.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saying for those who bought it's been best looking one till this day.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only regret that it was a crown-only house. i love the house. Short of getting a job that pays far more than I make now, I could never pay crowns for it, especially that amount.

Truth is, the smaller, less flashy houses i can get with gold will keep me busy for a long time to come.So really, it doesn't bother me that much.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Calsifer
    Calsifer
    ✭✭✭
    Purchased the Crowns for the Island in advance when the largest discount was 40% off. I no longer use the island, but one day. . . my characters will retire there when they are about to shut the servers down. ;)
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regret not buying it :)
    PC
  • abzdeman
    abzdeman
    ✭✭✭
    I understand some people work hard for their money but I still think it's very sad to waste that much money on cosmetics.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    abzdeman wrote: »
    I understand some people work hard for their money but I still think it's very sad to waste that much money on cosmetics.

"I understand some people work hard for their money but I still think it's very sad to waste that much money on beer."

"I understand some people work hard for their money but I still think it's very sad to waste that much money on books."

"I understand some people work hard for their money but I still think it's very sad to waste that much money on going out partying."

"I understand some people work hard for their money but I still think it's very sad to waste that much money on _________"

If it makes someone happy and they are paying their bills, good on 'em.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I’ve no regrets buying it. I’ve also no interest in any other homes I have seen. I don’t do much with housing though.

See, that’s the thing about this particular residence. The key factor in what sealed the deal in me buying it. The property just puts every other home to shame. It really does. When you pause for a moment, and look at what it is that you’re actually buying? You realize that you’ve bought essentially your own zone (just about). You’re buying: A huge body of water (pretty safe to say it’s an ocean), a beach front, 3.5 mini-huts, a stream, a jacuzzi/hot tub, 2 volcano points, a mini-pond, etc. It’s literally an island resort that ZOS offered the players a chance at owning. You have so much land with the property, that it is possible to get lost if you’re new to visiting it. That’s insane. It’s as if ZOS gave players a chance at buying their own zone, just as I said previously. The place is so spacious, that you’re free to go wild with your imagination. No other house allows that type of freedom and provides that scale of an opportunity.

I view it like this. There are people who buy apartments, buy mansions, and buy villas. That’s nice and all. And then there are the people who buy private island retreats, as in the entire land mass. It’s that type of scaling when comparing Grand Topal Hideaway and the other residences. And that’s not a bad thing either. I really do like my mansion (Linchal Grand Manor). Seriously. I liked it so much that I documented me buying it, and uploaded it to YouTube. I liked that Gold Coast property that much, and I still do. However, Grand Topal Hideaway is... Its different. It’s on a whole other level than the Linchal Grand Manor. It’s something that is more... How do you say...? More prestigious. It’s something that you keep low-key, until you see people bragging about what they own. And then reveal it, to in a sense remind people of where they stand. That type of thing.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on January 17, 2018 10:37AM
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't like it. I'm not fond of any of the notable homes. The only special crown store place I was interested in was the wizard place but then I got a good look at it recently and it wouldn't have worked for me. If I want ocean, I can buy Hundings. The only short time only place that I would spend real money on is a gothic castle in Rivenspire.
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    abzdeman wrote: »

Yes! But not because of 'work hard' or 'just cosmetics' just because the libra. To me important the new content and QoL changes that give us 'hours to play'.
    On the left side of the libra is the 'hours' on the right side is the money. No room on the libra for the crown store.

And there is an other libra.
    On the left side is the 'hours' on the right side is the item mall. If the balance is strongly overwhelmed then
    my mood wanes, I will not have desire to play. (this is why I left GW2).

I like services like monthly fee that is mean to me: you get a quality service in return. Beause of inventory problem without ESO+, I use ESO+. Thus I have crowns, so I spend that crowns, but usually not more: inventory slots etc.

I will never buy a house for crown.
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 4:37PM
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 4:37PM
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    I don't own this one, but one of my guild leaders does, and uses it for the guild house (I bought the Linchal Grand Manor, and am offering that as an alternate guild house, or the primary one for my secondary guild). What we've done wit it, as a guild, with most of the guild chipping in master writs, gold, mats, or even cash for upgrades, is pretty remarkable. We have what amounts to a bazaar area, which hosts *EVERY SINGLE SET OF ATTUNED CRAFTING TABLES* and *EVERY SINGLE MUNDUS STONE* and the transmog station. We have training dummies, an arena we set up, and everyone in the guild uses that for the various things they need. It actually works well for us. I'm attempting to do the same sort of thing with my Linchal Manor, though I'm doing it all under my own cash/writs/gold. So far, I'm getting there, but that one also was expensive. And honestly, I don't regret buying the LInchal Manor, and I imagine my guildmaster really doesn't regret buying the Topal Bay location. They are both very good locations for the things we want, and it works well for the guild as a whole.

Alassirana
    Member of: SneakyBo, ExSO Gold, and Demure Dragon Dealings
    PC/NA
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't buy GTH but I regret getting Linchal Grand Manor. It has an awful layout and is annoying for my low stamina characters since I have to either keep everything in the barn or run / walk the entire courtyard to get into the house every time I go there.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I bought the unfurnished version and it wasn't anywhere near the $135 people are quoting...

I had a 6 month sub drop just before, so that was 9000 crowns straight off, and then got the other 6000 when they were virtually half price, so in my view my island cost me about £20 which I'm totally fine with :)

And nope, no regrets at all... still love it.

Ours is set up as our guilds house... 'Unholy Island', and is a little slice of Morrowind away from Vvardenfell, mushrooms etc. Dummies, duelling arena, meeting and trophy room for the guilds acomplishments, all the usseful mundus stones, and we're currently adding in all the attunable crafting stations.

Plenty of space, and unlike other houses because of the plantlife (& the huge mushrooms we added!) it didn't look that empty even when we started with it.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand this fixation some have with how others spend their money.

I bought the island, along with every other 'limited time' house because I had the Crowns and love the houses. For me it's good value for the entertainment I get from decorating them. I have no regrets buying any of them.

I'm now saving up my Crowns in preparation for the DB & Hew's Bane homes which I'm really excited for. (The Hew's Bane one especially! That place is gorgeous!!) :)
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't like it. I'm not fond of any of the notable homes. The only special crown store place I was interested in was the wizard place but then I got a good look at it recently and it wouldn't have worked for me. If I want ocean, I can buy Hundings. The only short time only place that I would spend real money on is a gothic castle in Rivenspire.

So much this. When they break down and finally offer me the perfect vampire home I'll part with the cash without a qualm. LOL

I don't regret skipping the island or any of the Notable Homes I passed on and will continue to pass on. If there had been a beautiful villa on that island instead of Argonian huts it might have been a different story. I just don't care for Argonian architecture. But the fact remains that all the Notable homes are a terrible value, no matter how pretty they may be. High prices, bad lighting, illogical floorplans, low item counts and ludicrously low player caps as well as shoddy implementation and the fact that even these are nothing more than copy/pastes of already existing buildings in the game should tell us ZOS isn't at all serious about doing something "nice" for the player base that wanted housing so badly.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No regerts is my motto

I have it tattoo'ed on my forehead
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I don't mind supporting this game through subscription & the occasional extra crown purchase, there's no way I could justify spending, what would be at least $150-170 (currency conversion) for an in game property.
    Got one property paid for with in game gold, its enough.
    Still wish we were able to build the houses from ground up. Buy a plan, harvest the materials, build. Would have made the housing concept more enjoyable, for me at least.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I saw the subject line of this thread my first thought was to wonder if you were asking if anyone else had celebrated buying that house by getting busy and nine months later is paying the consequence...