Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Item attainability without crowns

Cueyo
Cueyo
Soul Shriven
My opinion may not be popular in the ESO community, but pretty much everywhere else it is; I've put in a couple hundred hours into ESO and have begun to wonder if there should be a way to get some of the items from the crown store in the game through grinding. The only reason I'm saying this is because games like Overwatch, League of Legends, TES: legends have a similar system, where if you play the game enough, you will unlock all, if not most of the content available in it.

I'd like to not that I'm not saying that everything (since its almost all cosmetic) should be attainable through a grind or through some other system (maybe as quest rewards for completing one of the alliances?), but that there should at least be a few items and mounts that we can obtain just in the vanilla game without dlc.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want an achievement milestone reward system that rewards players for experiencing all the game has to offer
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They won't even give us new horse colors in the stables. :/
    However, they ARE going to make it so we can earn the brown stable horse for free when we level up a new character. But we could already get that for only 10,000 gold, tho.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:34PM
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Crown to gold exchange system.

And gold to crown exchange system.

Like Guild Wars 2.

Yay or nay?

I personally liked this system in GW2, so for me, yes. It effectively cuts out gold-sellers.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to do something. I already support the game with a sub, is that not enough? The volume of content behind a paywall is ridiculous and there needs to be a way round for players that perhaps, don't feel good about not having the same experiance as those who can afford to relentlessly be dipping their hand in their pocket.

Nothing against microtransactions but their should be an ingame way to get them - or at least some of them. The jigsaw type thing in morrowind was fantastic and I'd happily do that for stuff.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Cueyo
    Cueyo
    Soul Shriven
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    However, they ARE going to make it so we can earn the brown stable horse for free when we level up a new character. But we could already get that for only 10,000 gold, tho.

That's it? At this point, I can buy a bunch of those horses and barely use a fraction of my gold. Really, I just want something that's new and earn-able, not a horse and not just old content for "free".
  • Cueyo
    Cueyo
    Soul Shriven
    aliyavana wrote: »
    I want an achievement milestone reward system that rewards players for experiencing all the game has to offer

At this point, I've literally 'speed-run' all three alliances in a month and the main quest-line in a week. The base game needs more content, and getting stuff for it would be great. Otherwise there really is o point in playing all the alliances (besides gold and skill points).

Too bad ZOS makes every opportunity to add free content into another dungeon dlc
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to do something. I already support the game with a sub...
    ...which is why you get crowns to spend just for subbing. Enjoy! :p;)

And I would not expect the stuff in the crown store to -ever- become available any other way. They wouldn't want to have to explain to their bosses why profits went down after all...

Also, the game -does- already have a reward system for gaming achievements. Dye unlocks.
  • Cueyo
    Cueyo
    Soul Shriven

And I would not expect the stuff in the crown store to -ever- become available any other way. They wouldn't want to have to explain to their bosses why profits went down after all...

Also, the game -does- already have a reward system for gaming achievements. Dye unlocks.

But are you honestly happy with that? Dye unlocks are literally just recolors that you can use on armor, theres no real depth to the rewards.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well technically...did you guys forget about those free crown crates?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos provides means to obtain skins, costumes and such from in game activity. They are different than what is obtained from the crown store, but still nice and used by many players.

Further, Zos gives us the "chance" to obtain items from the crown store via the crown crate giveways they have every quarter.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »

can I get my gold refunded. Somebody is gonna answer for not making these rewards backward compatible.. just sayin.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cueyo wrote: »

But are you honestly happy with that? Dye unlocks are literally just recolors that you can use on armor, theres no real depth to the rewards.

Used to be you got rewards for subbing a time. Before the dark times. Before the crown store. (hope you all read that in an alec guiness voice! :p;) )

But those days are past. Now we get free crowns, and stuff that would have been quest rewards in the crown store...
    ...but, there are -still- some things you get gaming for besides dyes and not paying for. Some costumes. The occasional pet.

It may not be what I would like most to have... but it is what we have. I am content with it.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re not alone
    I don’t mind buying some things but this game is over the top
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Crown to gold exchange system.

And gold to crown exchange system.

Like Guild Wars 2.

Yay or nay?

Nay. Rift had something similar and it makes botting and goldselling worse. Even see it with WoW on subscription tokens.

On WoWs version of the problem I support though. If ESO did gold for ESO+ (even with the free crowns) I would support it though. An ESO+ token for gold limits the room for abuse IMO