Homes still lack essential utilities even with storage on the way

Giraffon
Giraffon
✭✭✭✭✭
I need a base of operations. A place where I can develop my characters and manage my inventory. I need guild banking and horse training available to me either in or very near my home. I need an assistant to bring writ requests to me and also to run the finished product back to the vendor.

Since I don't have these services available in my home, I must live in a home that is near them. The end result is that I have no interest in most the new homes that are being offered. I just don't want to spend all that time on loading screens.

So there is an opportunity to make money on assistants and upgrades here.

Riding Lesson Assistant - 5K crowns
Writ Assistant - 5K crowns
Guild Banker - 5K crowns

Now I'm no longer limited in the homes that I'm willing to purchase.

Crown Store Home - 12K crowns

Why not do this Zeni? Don't you see the $$ floating before you?
Edited by Giraffon on January 9, 2018 5:47PM
SPEECHLESS - NA PC Server
Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree.

    I have yet to purchase a home in ESO only because it still doesn't serve as a great "Base of Operations" as you say.

    So, until we get our own "Base", I will continue to use Rawl'Kha as my home.
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    I need a base of operations. A place where I can develop my characters and manage my inventory. I need guild banking and horse training available to me either in or very near my home. I need an assistant to bring writ requests to me and also to run the finished product back to the vendor.

    Since I don't have these services available in my home, I must live in a home that is near them. The end result is that I have no interest in most the new homes that are being offered. I just don't want to spend all that time on loading screens.

    So there is an opportunity to make money on assistants and upgrades here.

    Riding Lesson Assistant - 5K crowns
    Writ Assistant - 5K crowns
    Guild Banker - 5K crowns

    Now I'm no longer limited in the homes that I'm willing to purchase.

    Crown Store Home - 12K crowns

    Why not do this Zeni? Don't you see the $$ floating before you?



    usable item limit (triple, quadruple the current one)
    usable storage (make the prices lower, add at least 400 - 500, not just 360)
    no invisible walls
    more interactable items
    weapon racks, manequins, ability to switch whole sets, not piece-by-piece
    *********************************************************************************************************************************************
    Haishi Daikodarajen, Redguard, Stamina Dragonknight, CPs around 600, Damage dealer, Huntress of Hircine
    ** Her story (click here)**

    **Her image - click here**
    ""It's one thing to see your past from present memory. It is entirely another to step through the Dragon and be yourself remembering the present in the past as the future."
    - Karstine Zeterra (2E)


    **********************************************************************************************************************************************
    Maoimii Da, Khajiit Magicka Nightblade, CPs around 600, master enchanter, damage dealer, elder vampire shade of death
    ** Her story (click here)**
    **Her image - click here**
    "May you walk on warm sands!
    Maoimii


    meowz!!



    ****************************************************************************************************************************************************
    PC, EU

    **Ideas for making this game even more fun: Click here

  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of all, houses need a toilet.

    Tired of taking a dump in the garden
    Toilet Ideas:
    Assembly General's Head: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/73jhis/make_a_toilet_out_of_assembly_generals_head_for/
    Barrels and Baskets: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/61t5ck/homestead_this_is_the_one_thing_that_eso_has_been/

    Most importantly, never leave home without your:
    item-62906-1-1.png
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    usable item limit (triple, quadruple the current one)
    usable storage (make the prices lower, add at least 400 - 500, not just 360)
    no invisible walls
    more interactable items
    weapon racks, manequins, ability to switch whole sets, not piece-by-piece
    Bookshelves, like in Skyrim

    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 18 Characters, all DC, 17 Level 50. +1200CP
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    Giraffon wrote: »
    I need a base of operations. A place where I can develop my characters and manage my inventory. I need guild banking and horse training available to me either in or very near my home. I need an assistant to bring writ requests to me and also to run the finished product back to the vendor.

    Since I don't have these services available in my home, I must live in a home that is near them. The end result is that I have no interest in most the new homes that are being offered. I just don't want to spend all that time on loading screens.

    So there is an opportunity to make money on assistants and upgrades here.

    Riding Lesson Assistant - 5K crowns
    Writ Assistant - 5K crowns
    Guild Banker - 5K crowns

    Now I'm no longer limited in the homes that I'm willing to purchase.

    Crown Store Home - 12K crowns

    Why not do this Zeni? Don't you see the $$ floating before you?



    usable item limit (triple, quadruple the current one)
    usable storage (make the prices lower, add at least 400 - 500, not just 360)
    no invisible walls
    more interactable items
    weapon racks, manequins, ability to switch whole sets, not piece-by-piece

    Yes.. Yes.. let them know what we wantz! ( I don't have an emperor palpitine meme ready :()
    altemriel wrote: »
    usable item limit (triple, quadruple the current one)
    usable storage (make the prices lower, add at least 400 - 500, not just 360)
    no invisible walls
    more interactable items
    weapon racks, manequins, ability to switch whole sets, not piece-by-piece
    Bookshelves, like in Skyrim

    Totally agree.
    Edited by Vanthras79 on January 9, 2018 8:06PM
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Resident of Wayrest, and Lord of Tel Galen.

  • Nestor
    Nestor
    Community Ambassador
    Tandor wrote: »
    The worst thing for the game would be for everyone to be able to do everything in their home. New players would log into a city, find it deserted, assume the game was dead and move on - just because everyone was in their instanced home or guildhall.

    That isn't to say that housing can't be improved, just that there must still be a major incentive to use the cities and populate the world.

    Yep. Lets not remove all reasons for going to town.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

    PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody (guys who want everything in their house and guys who don't want to see dead cities) would be satisfied if ZOS didn't made houses as INSTANCED ZONES WITH ADDITIONAL LOADING SCREENS!
    It was a big mistake. Very bad short-sighted decision.
    Edited by Ermiq on January 10, 2018 12:40AM
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the world or me.

    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

    Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭
    This is why I was against housing storage. It's another load screen! Just go to Vivec because everything is there close by without having to enter one load screen. Now we have storage that we can't see or access unless we go directly to it wasting time. I didn't buy the banker to just have to go to my house to pick stuff up. This is what mmos that have been out for over 10 years force you to do and is was great that I didn't have to in ESO. I'll eventually get the space probably just to store housing furnishings I don't use or old gear that I just in case they buff it again.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is why I was against housing storage. It's another load screen! Just go to Vivec because everything is there close by without having to enter one load screen. Now we have storage that we can't see or access unless we go directly to it wasting time. I didn't buy the banker to just have to go to my house to pick stuff up. This is what mmos that have been out for over 10 years force you to do and is was great that I didn't have to in ESO. I'll eventually get the space probably just to store housing furnishings I don't use or old gear that I just in case they buff it again.

    Less convenient than the bank, yes, but a lot more convenient than swapping characters to get stuff from a mule. On par with personal guild bank, if you have/use one, which still requires you to visit a city with a banker.

    For me, it's the perfect place to store all of those monster sets I've accumulated, which I dislike keeping on mules because I like to be able to swap them out.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 18 Characters, all DC, 17 Level 50. +1200CP
  • resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    I also need portals in my home to all dungeons and trials, with a wayshrine in the center connected to all wayshrines in Tamriel. Aside of that, a personal Kvatch Arena and Daedric ruins so I can do all my dailies without leaving the comforts of my house. Possibly all available vendor npcs too, so I won’t have to leave my home if I wanted to buy the Lore book furniture for example. As extra convenience, a way to access all available guild stores. An Undaunted enclave would be nice too.

    Finally, I would never ever have to leave my house! All those annoying distances, loading screens and other players...

    Yes, this was sarcasm before anyone asks.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Sotha Sil
    Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (DD) - Main, Grand Master Crafter
    Karin Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Warden (Healer)
    Gal-Julan, Argonian Dragonknight (Tank) - WIP

    Achievement points: 24k+

    Aetherius Art, Flipping Coins, Firehearts, Firehearts Legacy
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    The worst thing for the game would be for everyone to be able to do everything in their home. New players would log into a city, find it deserted, assume the game was dead and move on - just because everyone was in their instanced home or guildhall.

    That isn't to say that housing can't be improved, just that there must still be a major incentive to use the cities and populate the world.

    I've heard this argument before, and while I see where it may have some validity, I think that it overestimates the impact, and fails to take into consideration the particulars of the people asking for the enhancements.

    Consider my scenario.

    I have 14 characters, all level 50 in Enchanting, Provisioning, and Clothing. 12 are level 50 in blacksmithing, and 11 are level 50 in woodworking. At a minimum, I do enchanting and provisioning writs on all 14 characters, and on some days I do some of the equipment writs if I have extra time or if I'm trying to get temp/rosin/wax from the reward crates or additional master writs.

    I log into a character, pick up the writ, craft anything necessary, turn in the writ, invoke my banker and deposit anything interesting, and log out. On the crafters, I don't interact with other people, I don't shop. I cycle through them as quickly as possible so I can get to my main and quest or PVP or whatever I'm going to do that day. I do most of this in Belkarth, because everything is reasonably close and I spend less time travelling between sites.

    I have spent millions of gold and hundreds of dollars to buy, furnish, and decorate multiple houses, none of which I can actually "live" in. Why? Because to do my crafting writs would require an additional 3 load screens, or two load screens and 146 gold, if I want each character to "wake up" and "go to sleep" in a house. Of all of the nice houses I have (large or better), the only one that is near a writ dropoff location, and therefore saving me either the third load screen or the cost of the teleport, is Gardner Mansion, but even then, the consumables writ board is on the opposite side of town from the writ dropoff crates, wasting valuable time in transit. So the 13 characters that at any given time I'm not playing except to do their writs are sleeping on the streets of Belkarth instead of living in one of the many beautiful homes I own.

    If they sold writ boards and a dropoff in the crown store, then I would literally have the writ boards, 6 crafting stations, the writ dropoff, the merchant, and the banker in a line down a wall. I would log in with each of my crafter alts, go down the line, and log out. It would represent a huge savings in time.

    Then I would log into my main and go into town and do the things I do in town, like shop in guild stores, pick up dailies, etc. I'd have more time to spend on my main (or the character I'm currently playing).
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 18 Characters, all DC, 17 Level 50. +1200CP
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People in Nirn sleep?
    Gamer tag: ShenronNacht NA Xbox One
    1100+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er
    Shepherd of Rot - Stamina Necromancer BG Archer - No Gank
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    The worst thing for the game would be for everyone to be able to do everything in their home. New players would log into a city, find it deserted, assume the game was dead and move on - just because everyone was in their instanced home or guildhall.

    That isn't to say that housing can't be improved, just that there must still be a major incentive to use the cities and populate the world.

    Players are always out moving around anyway because that's just what you do when you play. I just don't think holding on to this idea of "we have to make the cities look lived in" is good for player satisfaction or Zeni's bottom line given what is being sacrificed.
    SPEECHLESS - NA PC Server
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    resdayn00 wrote: »
    An Undaunted enclave would be nice too.
    this made me laugh out loud!
    >:)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    Community Ambassador
    I have 14 characters, all level 50 in Enchanting, Provisioning, and Clothing. 12 are level 50 in blacksmithing, and 11 are level 50 in woodworking. At a minimum, I do enchanting and provisioning writs on all 14 characters, and on some days I do some of the equipment writs if I have extra time or if I'm trying to get temp/rosin/wax from the reward crates or additional master writs.


    You want to avoid loading screens to do all that production, park your alts in a city like Rawkla or Vivec and no loading screens, not even for interiors to do your writs. Your problem is solved.


    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

    PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I can easily leave:
    Wayshrine 5k crowns

    Because I like to test different configs on my dummies:
    Skill respec shrine 5k crowns
    Attrib respec shrine 5k crowns

    You know the way Shrine you use to leave the Forge from the fighters guild quest line. That is the Wayshrine they need to add. It is a Wayshrine you can only port from not too.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX1X
    External SSD USB 3.1(Samsung T5)

    #NightmareBear
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give an inch and people demand a mile...
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    So I can easily leave:
    Wayshrine 5k crowns

    Because I like to test different configs on my dummies:
    Skill respec shrine 5k crowns
    Attrib respec shrine 5k crowns

    You know the way Shrine you use to leave the Forge from the fighters guild quest line. That is the Wayshrine they need to add. It is a Wayshrine you can only port from not too.

    What's the point?
    Are you suggesting a -special- wayshrine which cannot be used for porting -to- it?
    You already can port to your house from anywhere you are, so you already don't need any wayshrine in your house to port -to- it. :neutral:
    Tandor wrote: »
    The worst thing for the game would be for everyone to be able to do everything in their home. New players would log into a city, find it deserted, assume the game was dead and move on - just because everyone was in their instanced home or guildhall.

    That isn't to say that housing can't be improved, just that there must still be a major incentive to use the cities and populate the world.

    I've heard this argument before, and while I see where it may have some validity, I think that it overestimates the impact, and fails to take into consideration the particulars of the people asking for the enhancements.

    Consider my scenario.

    I have 14 characters, all level 50 in Enchanting, Provisioning, and Clothing. 12 are level 50 in blacksmithing, and 11 are level 50 in woodworking. At a minimum, I do enchanting and provisioning writs on all 14 characters, and on some days I do some of the equipment writs if I have extra time or if I'm trying to get temp/rosin/wax from the reward crates or additional master writs.

    I log into a character, pick up the writ, craft anything necessary, turn in the writ, invoke my banker and deposit anything interesting, and log out. On the crafters, I don't interact with other people, I don't shop. I cycle through them as quickly as possible so I can get to my main and quest or PVP or whatever I'm going to do that day. I do most of this in Belkarth, because everything is reasonably close and I spend less time travelling between sites.

    Oh, you said Belkarth.
    Do you remember how much people were in Belkarth prior to that "use any drop point to drop your crafting writs" update? (it's a cool QoL feature, btw). And how much people there now? The population of Belkarth is significaly less now. And yes, all those people who were running back and forth in Belkarth making the city look the most popular place in Tamriel were just like you. They just was doing their crafting dailies and the city looked overpopulated.
    Guess what will happen to Belkarth if you (and other crafters) will not appear there anymore?
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the world or me.

    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

    Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    I need a base of operations. A place where I can develop my characters and manage my inventory. I need guild banking and horse training available to me either in or very near my home. I need an assistant to bring writ requests to me and also to run the finished product back to the vendor.

    Since I don't have these services available in my home, I must live in a home that is near them. The end result is that I have no interest in most the new homes that are being offered. I just don't want to spend all that time on loading screens.

    So there is an opportunity to make money on assistants and upgrades here.

    Riding Lesson Assistant - 5K crowns
    Writ Assistant - 5K crowns
    Guild Banker - 5K crowns

    Now I'm no longer limited in the homes that I'm willing to purchase.

    Crown Store Home - 12K crowns

    Why not do this Zeni? Don't you see the $$ floating before you?

    Please don't give them reasons to add more QoL additions behind the Crown $tore. I too would like these things but can nothing be earned in game anymore? Tamreil Hero, literally every quest in the base game, get that, you get the riding lesson assistant, and so on. There should be some incentive/reward for actually playing the damn game.
    PS4 -NA AD

    Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... Just go to Vivec because everything is there close by without having to enter one load screen...

    Funny you should mention that. Every time I go to Vivec I see all these black, "shadow" looking humanoid figures with gamertags above their heads, and when I run too fast I must enter a hidden portal because I usually get several loading screens. On most days this weird, staccato sound effect happens for several seconds too, then I end up looking at my console dashboard.

    Must be a glitch.....
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

    Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)


  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    I need a base of operations. A place where I can develop my characters and manage my inventory. I need guild banking and horse training available to me either in or very near my home. I need an assistant to bring writ requests to me and also to run the finished product back to the vendor.

    Since I don't have these services available in my home, I must live in a home that is near them. The end result is that I have no interest in most the new homes that are being offered. I just don't want to spend all that time on loading screens.

    So there is an opportunity to make money on assistants and upgrades here.

    Riding Lesson Assistant - 5K crowns
    Writ Assistant - 5K crowns
    Guild Banker - 5K crowns

    Now I'm no longer limited in the homes that I'm willing to purchase.

    Crown Store Home - 12K crowns

    Why not do this Zeni? Don't you see the $$ floating before you?

    Please don't give them reasons to add more QoL additions behind the Crown $tore. I too would like these things but can nothing be earned in game anymore? Tamreil Hero, literally every quest in the base game, get that, you get the riding lesson assistant, and so on. There should be some incentive/reward for actually playing the damn game.

    It sure would be great if all crown store offerings were also available in game via some achievement, but I just don't see it happening.
    SPEECHLESS - NA PC Server
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • One_ofMany
    One_ofMany
    ✭✭

    ✭✭
    I'm underwhelmed.
    I bought a house and was planning on a Mansion soon..but what's the point?

    I can't access the Guild Bank, or Store with my assistant.
    If I buy the Merchant can I even get Basic services from that... Items from the enchanter, blacksmith, etc?
    No Stable trainer.
    No Wayshrine.

    I had big plans for my home and future homes but it seems more convenient to just craft in the city.

    There aren't pets either. You place a memento it's just it's memento name and it just sits there... Other games had interactive house pets.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use my house pretty much only to use the training dummies and for roleplaying in my excellent clockwork workshop.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    .
    Edited by DoctorESO on July 15, 2018 4:58PM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    .
    Edited by DoctorESO on July 15, 2018 4:58PM
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭
    resdayn00 wrote: »
    I also need portals in my home to all dungeons and trials, with a wayshrine in the center connected to all wayshrines in Tamriel. Aside of that, a personal Kvatch Arena and Daedric ruins so I can do all my dailies without leaving the comforts of my house. Possibly all available vendor npcs too, so I won’t have to leave my home if I wanted to buy the Lore book furniture for example. As extra convenience, a way to access all available guild stores. An Undaunted enclave would be nice too.

    Finally, I would never ever have to leave my house! All those annoying distances, loading screens and other players...

    Yes, this was sarcasm before anyone asks.

    You forgot hirelings that you can send out to get all the mats.
Sign In or Register to comment.