The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Current Destro Pain Train Meta Needs To Die

• Nebbles
    Nebbles
    ✭✭
    Three of my friends left because of the ball group silliness. I recently came back and am on the verge of leaving again due to it. I refuse to play in a guild group that uses it. It's bad for the game. Its beyond time it was giving a swift death.
  • HaroniNDeorum
    HaroniNDeorum
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    @HaroniNDeorum Maybe it's because I hardly play, yet I've seen you trash AD in zone chat recently. Which is interesting because AD is weak atm as the result of so many players switching to other factions. So you have become part of the problem that you were criticizing AD for.

I don't have anything against you, but I can't fault others for being frustrated by yet another player bailing on the losing team.

I would like to read your definition of "trash" because imo, when i say "if you want to win, drop some negates or powerful ultis instead of bow light attack spam the enemies; get some organization" is not <trash AD in zone chat>

I didn't take a screenshot, but it wasn't very nice and it was more than once. You can become visibly frustrated -- which is one thing as someone who also provides leadership, but completely different when that person is also an opponent. So don't be surprised if that kind of thing rubs people the wrong way.

I realize that most people will do what's best for them, but what happens when it becomes best for everyone to leave the weak faction on any platform?

Players I never dreamed would leave AD have left recently, expressing deep frustration. I know AD does well prime time occasionally, but for the most part it is a very frustrating experience for most. I don't say any of this for myself. Like I said, I don't play much. I don't lose sleep over it. My main concern outside of my remaining friends in AD is the health of the game.

let me know when you get the screenshots; as i said calling the faction to their real problems (plenty of people on stealth just sniping 1 dude while 4 destros and negates are coming and no one negates) its not trash talk imo, its being realistic. what you want me to say? AD does really good? Ad is amazing with their actual pop skill during most the day? no, its not true.

While DC and Ep gets more organization every day, AD is just complaining about everything without desire of improvement.
    - Guildmaster of [ PANDA FORCE ] - Aldmeri PvP Guild NA/PC
    - Twitch.tv/haronin
    - Pvp focused player, want to improve everyday
    - Vivec`s Former Emperor: HaroniN AR45
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCT7YWsLrOLoG2HeMWUF7ifg/featured
  • bmesi
    bmesi
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Steve
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While DC and Ep gets more organization every day, AD is just complaining about everything without desire of improvement.
    Yeah, like I posted above, because experienced players keep leaving. The players you accuse of not listening -- in much harsher terms than posted here -- are doing the best they can. AD has long had a leadership vacuum. While not all of its leaders may be perfect, I respect them for stepping up and sticking with it.

AD has produced as many good players as any other faction. The fault isn't the faction, it's the current distribution of experienced and skilled players of all types.

I do not mean any disrespect to any loyal AD. AD still has many great players and strong leaders. And I have great respect for anyone who sticks with it through hard times, regardless of aptitude in ESO -- which in the big picture is a much less valuable thing than traits such as loyalty, sportsmanship and conviction.
    Edited by zyk on January 8, 2018 8:27PM
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    The purpose of this is to openly discuss perceptions of each other so that we can all come to a better understanding of our community as a whole. I believe once we start removing the perceptual walls of the alliances and begin to humanize each other rather than villainize each other, ESO PVP will improve.

Yeah... right.... tell that to your guild mates first, who always t-bag and insult me. Clean up home then bring people, Taran.

If you are talking about DD, well I have no control over what happens with there groups. DK however is another story. Don't confuse me with them as I don't lead DD raids. I'm a member of DD and run in the afternoons sometimes on support builds. So while i'm sorry you are experiencing this unfortunate ridicule, I'm simply not responsible for it. Please in the future refer to me only when I am the cause. Also I can openly tell you and the community the only person I have and have allowed to be t-bagged by DK is foreskin Mcgee. That was an unfortunate period and will not reoccur in the future thanks to "add-Ignore" and finding my inner strength to just walk away even when he or others choose to behave that way.

It is however, sad to see another good raid lead turn to another faction. I am sure that the members of DD and perhaps the faction that looked up to you feels betrayed. This human feeling alone could be the cause of your unfortunate circumstance. But like i said before you an I don't really play in the same time slot, and I have no control over DD Raids.

Just yesterday i remember watching 1 or 2 dks tabard over my body, unfortunately i dont remember names atm. I know you dont control dd raids but as you said, you are member and if your goal is " I believe once we start removing the perceptual walls of the alliances and begin to humanize each other rather than villainize each other, ESO PVP will improve." You should start on your pvp guilds, even if you are group leder or not. You are part of DD and their behavior and <perceptual wall> should matter to achieve your goal.

I dont know why people think i am completely out of the faction. I have my ad guild, i have 21 guild mates and people in trial to join us and we will keep playing together in our schedule and raid days, the fact we decided to take a long break for holidays doesnt mean we are gone. The "betrayed" feeling i got it the day they expressly rejected all my ideas to help them to improve their guild with a "nah. we are fine, no thanks"; being honest, the condition of many ad pvp guilds are stale because no one wants to improve or make real changes in their guilds. In the other side my guild, Artem, always find and search ways to improve and fix our performance, which i feel really proud to play with this group of people.

I dont understand the fury of my faction when i tried to help many guilds/groups and one by one i got rejected, but as soon as i play my ep character everyone have the energy to rage tell, insult and tbag; i would like to say "take this energy and improve your own group, dude" but i know they wont do it

If any guild members of DK were in fact t-bagging I will make sure they dont in the future. I will tell you that outside of my raids i have little control and while i encourage other guilds to foster a more positive community, there are always the *** that ignore it. I do however control to a certain extent those things that happen with members in DK tabs. Sorry you had to suffer the humiliation of dying and being t bagged. It did not happen while i was leading and I will make sure to remind the Knights that it's unbecoming behavior from adults.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    @zyk

no they don't. the only times they really do "well" is morning/afternoon when IA stacks raids in EP's back keeps. At which point AD starts pushing EP causing EP to lose Chalman thus EP and DC stop fighting because chal is blue and AD spends the rest of the day getting mercilessly farmed by both factions.

this is why i'm so amazed with AD. they make the same mistakes everyday it's remarkable.

This is funny because AD is not about to help EP by pushing DC when they come knocking on your door just because every day when IA winds down EP chooses to push alessia instead of going after chal. Why would AD distract DC from beating up on a bully who will eventually come beat on us?

Its funny, i agree, but its done with purpose.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD needs more try hard guilds that care about group comps, optimization, coordinatng ultis, group movement and STRONG heals. Chill groups are fine but you can only do so much with them (You may end up wiping a lot quicker). AD does have some guilds that care about optimization, min-max coordination things but maybe 3 or 4 tops. Can be a better faction if more groups cared to get better.

also as a side note I noticed pugs are getting a little smarter at times....spreading out more and utilizing chains/teleport from dk and warden. That can really mess up group rhythm. Seeing it used more often.
    Edited by Mazbt on January 8, 2018 9:31PM
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭
    The purpose of this is to openly discuss perceptions of each other so that we can all come to a better understanding of our community as a whole. I believe once we start removing the perceptual walls of the alliances and begin to humanize each other rather than villainize each other, ESO PVP will improve.

Yeah... right.... tell that to your guild mates first, who always t-bag and insult me. Clean up home then bring people, Taran.

If you are talking about DD, well I have no control over what happens with there groups. DK however is another story. Don't confuse me with them as I don't lead DD raids. I'm a member of DD and run in the afternoons sometimes on support builds. So while i'm sorry you are experiencing this unfortunate ridicule, I'm simply not responsible for it. Please in the future refer to me only when I am the cause. Also I can openly tell you and the community the only person I have and have allowed to be t-bagged by DK is foreskin Mcgee. That was an unfortunate period and will not reoccur in the future thanks to "add-Ignore" and finding my inner strength to just walk away even when he or others choose to behave that way.

It is however, sad to see another good raid lead turn to another faction. I am sure that the members of DD and perhaps the faction that looked up to you feels betrayed. This human feeling alone could be the cause of your unfortunate circumstance. But like i said before you an I don't really play in the same time slot, and I have no control over DD Raids.

Just yesterday i remember watching 1 or 2 dks tabard over my body, unfortunately i dont remember names atm. I know you dont control dd raids but as you said, you are member and if your goal is " I believe once we start removing the perceptual walls of the alliances and begin to humanize each other rather than villainize each other, ESO PVP will improve." You should start on your pvp guilds, even if you are group leder or not. You are part of DD and their behavior and <perceptual wall> should matter to achieve your goal.

I dont know why people think i am completely out of the faction. I have my ad guild, i have 21 guild mates and people in trial to join us and we will keep playing together in our schedule and raid days, the fact we decided to take a long break for holidays doesnt mean we are gone. The "betrayed" feeling i got it the day they expressly rejected all my ideas to help them to improve their guild with a "nah. we are fine, no thanks"; being honest, the condition of many ad pvp guilds are stale because no one wants to improve or make real changes in their guilds. In the other side my guild, Artem, always find and search ways to improve and fix our performance, which i feel really proud to play with this group of people.

I dont understand the fury of my faction when i tried to help many guilds/groups and one by one i got rejected, but as soon as i play my ep character everyone have the energy to rage tell, insult and tbag; i would like to say "take this energy and improve your own group, dude" but i know they wont do it

If any guild members of DK were in fact t-bagging I will make sure they dont in the future. I will tell you that outside of my raids i have little control and while i encourage other guilds to foster a more positive community, there are always the *** that ignore it. I do however control to a certain extent those things that happen with members in DK tabs. Sorry you had to suffer the humiliation of dying and being t bagged. It did not happen while i was leading and I will make sure to remind the Knights that it's unbecoming behavior from adults.

i dont mind getting tbag on game, really i dont care. I am just expressing the actual situation under your seeking for a community free from faction walls and more that you posted. My advice was you should start in your pvp guilds and then expands to other guiilds/alliances who wants to participate.
    - Twitch.tv/haronin
  • HaroniNDeorum
    HaroniNDeorum
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, like I posted above, because experienced players keep leaving. The players you accuse of not listening -- in much harsher terms than posted here -- are doing the best they can. AD has long had a leadership vacuum. While not all of its leaders may be perfect, I respect them for stepping up and sticking with it.

AD has produced as many good players as any other faction. The fault isn't the faction, it's the current distribution of experienced and skilled players of all types.

I think we have different perspectives about this
    - Twitch.tv/haronin
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AOE caps are removed in update 17 if you didn’t read PTS patch notes yet.
  • HaroniNDeorum
    HaroniNDeorum
    ✭✭✭
    Mazbt wrote: »
    AD needs more try hard guilds that care about group comps, optimization, coordinatng ultis, group movement and STRONG heals. Chill groups are fine but you can only do so much with them (You may end up wiping a lot quicker). AD does have some guilds that care about optimization, min-max coordination things but maybe 3 or 4 tops. Can be a better faction if more groups cared to get better.

also as a side note I noticed pugs are getting a little smarter at times....spreading out more and utilizing chains/teleport from dk and warden. That can really mess up group rhythm. Seeing it used more often.

Some (actually a lot) posts ago in this thread, someone talked about the balance in every faction population between the casual and the coordinated-tryhards guilds/groups. For the health of the game, we need that balance and as far as i see, right now AD is 80% a casual faction, which only 2 or 3 guilds i could say are really coordinated and focused in what they do or can do. Meanwhile that ratio is much better on DC and EP which guilds running good numbers, good builds, very decent communication, etc.
    - Twitch.tv/haronin
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    @Joy_Division

Some people just deserve to be insulted. Its the only language they speak. So feel free to insult them. According to them it wont be an insult if its true anw.

Indeed
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @HaroniNDeorum Maybe it's because I hardly play, yet I've seen you trash AD in zone chat recently. Which is interesting because AD is weak atm as the result of so many players switching to other factions. So you have become part of the problem that you were criticizing AD for.

I don't have anything against you, but I can't fault others for being frustrated by yet another player bailing on the losing team.

I would like to read your definition of "trash" because imo, when i say "if you want to win, drop some negates or powerful ultis instead of bow light attack spam the enemies; get some organization" is not <trash AD in zone chat>

I didn't take a screenshot, but it wasn't very nice and it was more than once. You can become visibly frustrated -- which is one thing as someone who also provides leadership, but completely different when that person is also an opponent. So don't be surprised if that kind of thing rubs people the wrong way.

I realize that most people will do what's best for them, but what happens when it becomes best for everyone to leave the weak faction on any platform?

Players I never dreamed would leave AD have left recently, expressing deep frustration. I know AD does well prime time occasionally, but for the most part it is a very frustrating experience for most. I don't say any of this for myself. Like I said, I don't play much. I don't lose sleep over it. My main concern outside of my remaining friends in AD is the health of the game.

let me know when you get the screenshots; as i said calling the faction to their real problems (plenty of people on stealth just sniping 1 dude while 4 destros and negates are coming and no one negates) its not trash talk imo, its being realistic. what you want me to say? AD does really good? Ad is amazing with their actual pop skill during most the day? no, its not true.

You play on EP!? Hit me up!
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is one of the challenges that AD has faced for a long time, constantly bleeding quality players and guilds to other factions. AD did have a significant advantage for 2-3 months at launch but it’s clear that our organized guilds don’t run as often or as deep as those of other factions, and for whatever reason our pug groups are not nearly as effective as others’.

Tertiary Meat runs roughly 3-4 times a week, starting on Shor until we get a decent group composition and 10+ people and then move to Vivec. We’d love to be able to run 12-16 in Vivec against other organized groups and pug zergs and that’s our goal. Sometimes it’s effective, other times less so, but we continue to play AD and love to be a thorn in the side of those who seek to farm AD.

Encouraged by AOE cap removal!
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for some unneeded naming and shaming, which is against the Forum Rules. For further posts please be sure to stay constructive towards the topic and respectful towards your fellow community members. Any further disruptions will only lead to action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • bmesi
    bmesi
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Steve
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is why i'm so amazed with AD. they make the same mistakes everyday it's remarkable.
    Right, because experienced players keep jumping ship. And for everyone who decides to play on a different faction, there's probably someone else who decides just not to play anymore.

it's really got little to do with experience it's really not that complex (especially since the same players do it everyday) Chalman is ironically the most important keep for AD. when chal is Red AD have a good quality of life when chal is blue that's bad, bad, bad, bad for AD. they may as well just resign themselves and go straight to their tri-keeps at that point. i mean it happens over and over and AD see it, they have to see it. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it.
    Edited by Lucky28 on January 9, 2018 4:12AM
    Invictus
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The moderators have arrived and the patch notes for update 17 have been published. This thread is officially dead.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The moderators have arrived and the patch notes for update 17 have been published. This thread is officially dead.

Is it though? Is AOE cap removal enough? I'm actually curious what people here think as a lot has been said that not being hit by AOEs is not the reason alone to ball up.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bmesi wrote: »
    Hi Steve

hi afro
    Right, because experienced players keep jumping ship. And for everyone who decides to play on a different faction, there's probably someone else who decides just not to play anymore.

it's really got little to do with experience it's really not that complex (especially since the same players do it everyday) Chalman is ironically the most important keep for AD. when chal is Red AD have a good quality of life when chal is blue that's bad, bad, bad, bad for AD. they may as well just resign themselves and go straight to their tri-keeps at that point. i mean it happens over and over and AD see it, they have to see it. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it.

And we know why it's happening, too.

When DC gets into their 'every member of the faction at one spot' mode which often happens at Chalman, it's damn unfun to fight against.

The game performance goes down the crapper, and DC will literally hurl bodies at Chalman beyond the point of even Glademist or Aleswell flipping behind them. So long as Bleakers is blue and respawn is quick even if on camp cooldown, Chalman gets hammered.

So, after, a lot of EP will take the easy route and go pick on AD, meanwhile after maybe a try or two at Arrius, the entire DC blob smashes its way through the Ash corridor down to Roebeck, splitting AD's forces.
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on January 9, 2018 3:57PM
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Anazasi I know you are doing a ts talk every week for the goal of breaking down walls and improving pvp.
    But I’d also encourage you to join the gvg community. We have over a dozen guilds with 140+ members from all factions ranging from new to vet.
    We’ve been able to set differences aside and create healthy pvp encounters in cyrodiil because of our new found respect for each other on the gvg field.

We do 2-12 potentially more in size and rules/times/location are all agreed upon by the participating guilds a week ahead of time.
    We had our first large event where guilds were invited to gvg small man 2-6 in size and it went astonishingly well. I’ve recently put a video up showcasing the guilds.

At the very least i hope you can consider joining and helping create something great for the community. Or mention it on your talk.

Some of the guilds to band together:
    Animosity
    Hysteria
    dracarys
    Artem
    Pod
    Lom
    Decibel
    Invictus (new)
    Venatus
    Black flag

And many more involved and to come
    Knights of ni
    Cn
    Tm
    Are guilds we hope to see soon.

This offer stands for anyone interested. Pm me for an invite or ask any of the gm’s from guilds listed above.
    I’m going to keep advocating for this because it’s truly enjoyable and has been a great way to cross the faction gap.
    Edited by Irylia on January 9, 2018 4:34PM
  • bmesi
    bmesi
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Agrippa
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Blinxey
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn’t you move to the path of least resistance?
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Venom4You
    Venom4You
    ✭✭✭
    Like 75% of this thread is off topic - It finally needs to die :D People should start over in a more constructive way of adressing problems...
    Aka Crowley

Member of Zerg Squad (EP/AD - EU)
    Role: Raid Healer
    Main Characters: Majestic Crowley (Warden Healer - EP) / Father Crowley (Templar Healer - AD) / Brother Crowley (Templar Healer - DC)
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or use negates? AD on PS4 NA is famous for NOT using negates when a Destro train arrives. And grouping up on the flags without shields and HOTs up. If everyone scatters different directions, there's no way everyone can die and bomb blades are usually squishy af. And also, AD is bad at putting up forwards camps so how we even get past Far is beyond me.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Xsorus
      Xsorus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Negate doesn’t stop destro ult
    • technohic
      technohic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Xsorus wrote: »
      Negate doesn’t stop destro ult

And it gets absorbed by earthgore.
    • Sanct16
      Sanct16
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      But negate kills ball groups.
      - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
      AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
      EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
      AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
      AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
      EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
      AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
      AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
      EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
      EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
      DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
      DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
    • Stoney_McGeee
      Stoney_McGeee
      ✭✭✭
      damage Reduction from nova and permafrost is counter to destro groups.
      (Soulless Knights)
      AD Stoneey DK (Vr16) homeless
      AD StoneyHeals Templar (Vr16) homeless
      AD Stoknee NB (v1) Training
      AD Psychosis Sorc (37) Training